| Author |
Topic  |
|
Lt. Corbin
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 08/28/2004 |
Posted - 02/05/2005 : 7:01:25 PM
|
| Harenil, Thanks much it means alot coming from you. I believe ours guns are very similar. I Just need a new stock to finish it, by the way I love the stock on yours right now. |
 |
|
|
MilSim
Private
![]()
Member Since: 08/27/2004 |
Posted - 02/06/2005 : 11:22:30 AM
|
Harenil, I loved your review on the SR16 so much that I went out and bought one, It'll be here monday. My biggest question though, I know you did yours up like a sniper rifle, is it effective in this role? I was looking for a gun that would be durable and accurate, and an alternitive to the s9, and it seemed this was it. Also, on page two, the picture with your *collection* of guns shows the SR16, in that picture it looks like you installed some sort of a custom grip (the grip looks like green on black). Are my eyes playing tricks on me? If not, what kind of grip? and how did you install it? |
 |
|
|
Harenil
General
    

USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003 |
Posted - 02/08/2005 : 4:43:14 PM
|
| I snipe against AEGs with it. You mean in sniper pics? the pic with the glock, vsr-10 and my ghille? That's the SR-16 with a bi-pod custom silencer, and scope. Nothing else is diferent. |
 |
|
|
MilSim
Private
![]()
Member Since: 08/27/2004 |
Posted - 02/09/2005 : 10:01:32 PM
|
| Okay, well I have a M4A1 RIS and am planning on putting a silencer on it. RedWolf has some awesome priced silencers that should do the trick, what do you suggest would be the longest and widest i should get? I was thinking probably 200mm x 35mm, any input? Also, I can't seem to make it shoot accuratly past about 20 yards with 0.2s..any suggestions? have you heard anything abgout accelerated wear due to spacers and the like? |
 |
|
|
flippenwaffles
Private
Member Since: 10/11/2004 |
Posted - 02/11/2005 : 10:25:07 AM
|
| MilSim, you can try .25 gram bb's, they usually work better in upgraded guns. |
 |
|
|
B-Liner
Captain
 
![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/22/2002 |
Posted - 02/14/2005 : 12:35:20 PM
|
Nice pictures everyone, especially Harenil WhiteDingo Penguin Death has a nice gun for CHEAP lol, Hanzo the master of mods. mulletkiller antagon iomega and Spectre along with anyone else i missed but REALLY liked your guns. lol.  |
 |
|
|
airsoft
Sergeant

![]()
Faroe Islands
Member Since: 12/19/2004 |
Posted - 02/23/2005 : 1:25:53 PM
|
| hey flipvicious i like ur luger carbine.what did u wrap around the stock? also what did u do to the barrel to make it longer, is it custoom or another barrel?aslo what kind of scope do u have oon there? |
 |
|
|
deaglex
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 11/15/2003 |
Posted - 03/07/2005 : 12:34:53 PM
|
Man, Slim Shady that L96 is so sick, kinda makes the G-spec look like nothing
Everyone who has an L96, you are my idle, i hope to own one in the near future. |
 |
|
|
Slim_Shady
Sergeant


United Kingdom
Member Since: 01/19/2005 |
Posted - 03/07/2005 : 12:46:16 PM
|
Beware the dreaded curse of the L96 hop.....but thanks anyway :-)
|
 |
|
|
deaglex
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 11/15/2003 |
Posted - 03/07/2005 : 2:29:34 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Slim_Shady
Beware the dreaded curse of the L96 hop.....but thanks anyway :-)
Want to elaborate more on this? |
 |
|
|
Slim_Shady
Sergeant


United Kingdom
Member Since: 01/19/2005 |
Posted - 03/07/2005 : 2:48:59 PM
|
Sure thing.
Several of us in the UK, and a few chaps over here have experienced drastic problems with the standard T96 hop unit (I believe Spectre has a few stories to that effect ?) - its not very consistent, and although you can adjust it adequately, the "sweet spot" is never held for more than a few shots.
The replacement hops are either less than impressive, or extremely rare. The PDI is the easiest hop replacement to source, and works at least better than the standard item. Best of all is the Firefly hop chamber with Kurage packings and a Firefly barrel (see the relevant thread for further details) but i am about the only person i am aware of with all three items for the T96, and i have yet to put myself through the ardous process of tuning the packings to the required hop.
Seriously, the G-spec is the best rifle on the market right now, and can be both bought and upgraded cheaply (My T96 is in the region of £1000 Sterling :( ) |
 |
|
|
Harenil
General
    

USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003 |
Posted - 03/07/2005 : 3:52:52 PM
|
T96's look sweet, but too bad about that hopup. When I first heard they were coming out, I was convinced I was going to get one. When I heard TM was releasing a rifle that would be under 200, well, I just had to check it out, glad I did.
Good luck with the T96 hopup, your rifles are beautiful.
[EDIT] Corbin, where'd you get those ARMS rings? aren't they like 100 dollars? How much did you get them for? |
 |
|
|
Slim_Shady
Sergeant


United Kingdom
Member Since: 01/19/2005 |
Posted - 03/07/2005 : 3:59:26 PM
|
| Thanks Dude. They're usually in rifle-rags for the field, but I'll post up a picture of that later on.....possibly when i get a Walnut stock for the G-spec. |
 |
|
|
deaglex
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 11/15/2003 |
Posted - 03/09/2005 : 12:48:48 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Slim_Shady
Sure thing.
Several of us in the UK, and a few chaps over here have experienced drastic problems with the standard T96 hop unit (I believe Spectre has a few stories to that effect ?) - its not very consistent, and although you can adjust it adequately, the "sweet spot" is never held for more than a few shots.
The replacement hops are either less than impressive, or extremely rare. The PDI is the easiest hop replacement to source, and works at least better than the standard item. Best of all is the Firefly hop chamber with Kurage packings and a Firefly barrel (see the relevant thread for further details) but i am about the only person i am aware of with all three items for the T96, and i have yet to put myself through the ardous process of tuning the packings to the required hop.
Seriously, the G-spec is the best rifle on the market right now, and can be both bought and upgraded cheaply (My T96 is in the region of £1000 Sterling :( )
Yeah i was about to get an T96 because they just look damn nice. But this hop up seems...bad. Ill pass for now, thanks for clearing that up though, lot of help . |
 |
|
|
Lt. Corbin
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 08/28/2004 |
Posted - 03/13/2005 : 4:50:30 PM
|
| Harenil, yeah the rings were 100 according to guy i bought the scope from, can't tell you where to get them because I dont really know. |
 |
|
|
Grach 9mm
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 06/14/2004 |
Posted - 03/14/2005 : 1:22:55 PM
|
Harenil.. howd u get ur VSR action to fit the stock?? im curious
|
 |
|
|
Harenil
General
    

USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003 |
Posted - 03/16/2005 : 02:03:56 AM
|
| Minor dremeling to fit, major dremeling it get the mag and stuff in. |
 |
|
|
mez
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 06/29/2004 |
Posted - 03/24/2005 : 7:52:36 PM
|
| wow, NICE snipers guys. i can't wait until my vsr-10 pro comes in. i'll be sure to post some pics. |
 |
|
|
Harenil
General
    

USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003 |
Posted - 03/26/2005 : 02:13:03 AM
|
| Pretty cool gun ZS, YOu still planning on that HS Precision? |
 |
|
|
Zero Signal
Trigger Girl


USA
Member Since: 06/19/2003 |
Posted - 03/26/2005 : 6:36:11 PM
|
Thanks. It's nothing special on the outside, really. I can't wait to get all my upgrade parts! I like your SR-16, and I'm still thinking about getting one. (Although I'd spend the 25 bucks for black RIS covers, that OD makes me ill ) Too bad ModelMarts still won't answer my emails.
(EDIT) Ooh, yeah. I found it again. Not sure about that HS Precision, it's awfully expensive. I might go with something that looks a bit more plain/not quite as expensive. I bet it would be really tough to make a place to put the mag catch in nice and level...  |
 |
|
|
Edward Victory
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 11/25/2004 |
Posted - 03/26/2005 : 6:41:54 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Zero Signal
HS Precision? ::Lost:: Is that the name of a stock I was looking at, or is HS an acronym for Head Shot? 
Thanks. It's nothing special on the outside, really. I can't wait to get all my upgrade parts! I like your SR-16, and I'm still thinking about getting one. (Although I'd spend the 25 bucks for black RIS covers, that OD makes me ill ) Too bad ModelMarts still won't answer my emails.
Haven't seen you post here for awhile. Anyway, welcome back! 
I have that same problem with Model Marts. They must die. (jk, jk lol)
Anyway, nice guns! |
 |
|
|
kewlsniper2
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 01/12/2005 |
Posted - 03/26/2005 : 7:05:17 PM
|
| Holy hell white dingo that thing is sexy mmmm i want one of those so bad care to get more pics? |
 |
|
|
WhiteDingo
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 01/26/2004 |
Posted - 03/26/2005 : 7:13:59 PM
|
What would you like pics of? I can get a whole lot. And I've got much nicer resolution shots on my PC, but the host wont allow 1.2 meg pictures.
EDIT: 2 more pictures added, let me know if you want more.
ZS, nice looking rifle so far. I hope you'll be upgrading more than a 100sp though?
EDIT 2: Original scope for the M40 was a redfield 3-9x40 widefield scope, yes? Reticle like so... ? Or am I mistaken?
EDIT 3: Her name is Christina |
 |
|
|
kewlsniper2
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 01/12/2005 |
Posted - 03/26/2005 : 7:18:16 PM
|
hellz ya thats by far the nicest looking gun in sniper pics besides timcos m24 i hate the way vsr's look evan though i have one i hate the way they look |
 |
|
|
Harenil
General
    

USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003 |
Posted - 03/26/2005 : 11:47:54 PM
|
That is the COOOOOLEST reticle I have yet to see. Makes rangefinding so simple.
That is one sweet rifle. How does she shoot? What's her name? |
 |
|
Topic  |
|