Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Sniper's Perch
 --DISCUSSION: Gun Photos--
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Lt. Corbin
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 08/28/2004

Posted - 02/05/2005 :  7:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lt. Corbin's Homepage  Send Lt. Corbin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Harenil, Thanks much it means alot coming from you. I believe ours guns are very similar. I Just need a new stock to finish it, by the way I love the stock on yours right now.
Go to Top of Page

MilSim
Private



Member Since: 08/27/2004

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  11:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit MilSim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Harenil, I loved your review on the SR16 so much that I went out and bought one, It'll be here monday. My biggest question though, I know you did yours up like a sniper rifle, is it effective in this role? I was looking for a gun that would be durable and accurate, and an alternitive to the s9, and it seemed this was it.
Also, on page two, the picture with your *collection* of guns shows the SR16, in that picture it looks like you installed some sort of a custom grip (the grip looks like green on black). Are my eyes playing tricks on me? If not, what kind of grip? and how did you install it?
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  4:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I snipe against AEGs with it. You mean in sniper pics? the pic with the glock, vsr-10 and my ghille? That's the SR-16 with a bi-pod custom silencer, and scope. Nothing else is diferent.
Go to Top of Page

MilSim
Private



Member Since: 08/27/2004

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  10:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit MilSim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, well I have a M4A1 RIS and am planning on putting a silencer on it. RedWolf has some awesome priced silencers that should do the trick, what do you suggest would be the longest and widest i should get? I was thinking probably 200mm x 35mm, any input? Also, I can't seem to make it shoot accuratly past about 20 yards with 0.2s..any suggestions? have you heard anything abgout accelerated wear due to spacers and the like?
Go to Top of Page

flippenwaffles
Private

Member Since: 10/11/2004

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  10:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit flippenwaffles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MilSim, you can try .25 gram bb's, they usually work better in upgraded guns.
Go to Top of Page

B-Liner
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/22/2002

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  12:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit B-Liner's Homepage  Send B-Liner an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures everyone, especially Harenil WhiteDingo Penguin Death has a nice gun for CHEAP lol, Hanzo the master of mods. mulletkiller antagon iomega and Spectre along with anyone else i missed but REALLY liked your guns. lol.
Go to Top of Page

airsoft
Sergeant



Faroe Islands
Member Since: 12/19/2004

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  1:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit airsoft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey flipvicious i like ur luger carbine.what did u wrap around the stock? also what did u do to the barrel to make it longer, is it custoom or another barrel?aslo what kind of scope do u have oon there?
Go to Top of Page

deaglex
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 11/15/2003

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  12:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit deaglex's Homepage  Send deaglex an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, Slim Shady that L96 is so sick, kinda makes the G-spec look like nothing

Everyone who has an L96, you are my idle, i hope to own one in the near future.
Go to Top of Page

Slim_Shady
Sergeant



United Kingdom
Member Since: 01/19/2005

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  12:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Slim_Shady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beware the dreaded curse of the L96 hop.....but thanks anyway :-)

Go to Top of Page

deaglex
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 11/15/2003

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  2:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit deaglex's Homepage  Send deaglex an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slim_Shady

Beware the dreaded curse of the L96 hop.....but thanks anyway :-)




Want to elaborate more on this?
Go to Top of Page

Slim_Shady
Sergeant



United Kingdom
Member Since: 01/19/2005

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  2:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Slim_Shady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure thing.

Several of us in the UK, and a few chaps over here have experienced drastic problems with the standard T96 hop unit (I believe Spectre has a few stories to that effect ?) - its not very consistent, and although you can adjust it adequately, the "sweet spot" is never held for more than a few shots.

The replacement hops are either less than impressive, or extremely rare. The PDI is the easiest hop replacement to source, and works at least better than the standard item. Best of all is the Firefly hop chamber with Kurage packings and a Firefly barrel (see the relevant thread for further details) but i am about the only person i am aware of with all three items for the T96, and i have yet to put myself through the ardous process of tuning the packings to the required hop.

Seriously, the G-spec is the best rifle on the market right now, and can be both bought and upgraded cheaply (My T96 is in the region of £1000 Sterling :( )
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
T96's look sweet, but too bad about that hopup. When I first heard they were coming out, I was convinced I was going to get one. When I heard TM was releasing a rifle that would be under 200, well, I just had to check it out, glad I did.

Good luck with the T96 hopup, your rifles are beautiful.

[EDIT]
Corbin, where'd you get those ARMS rings? aren't they like 100 dollars? How much did you get them for?
Go to Top of Page

Slim_Shady
Sergeant



United Kingdom
Member Since: 01/19/2005

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  3:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Slim_Shady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dude. They're usually in rifle-rags for the field, but I'll post up a picture of that later on.....possibly when i get a Walnut stock for the G-spec.
Go to Top of Page

deaglex
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 11/15/2003

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  12:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit deaglex's Homepage  Send deaglex an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slim_Shady

Sure thing.

Several of us in the UK, and a few chaps over here have experienced drastic problems with the standard T96 hop unit (I believe Spectre has a few stories to that effect ?) - its not very consistent, and although you can adjust it adequately, the "sweet spot" is never held for more than a few shots.

The replacement hops are either less than impressive, or extremely rare. The PDI is the easiest hop replacement to source, and works at least better than the standard item. Best of all is the Firefly hop chamber with Kurage packings and a Firefly barrel (see the relevant thread for further details) but i am about the only person i am aware of with all three items for the T96, and i have yet to put myself through the ardous process of tuning the packings to the required hop.

Seriously, the G-spec is the best rifle on the market right now, and can be both bought and upgraded cheaply (My T96 is in the region of £1000 Sterling :( )


Yeah i was about to get an T96 because they just look damn nice. But this hop up seems...bad. Ill pass for now, thanks for clearing that up though, lot of help .
Go to Top of Page

Lt. Corbin
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 08/28/2004

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  4:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lt. Corbin's Homepage  Send Lt. Corbin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Harenil, yeah the rings were 100 according to guy i bought the scope from, can't tell you where to get them because I dont really know.
Go to Top of Page

Grach 9mm
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/14/2004

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  1:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grach 9mm's Homepage  Send Grach 9mm an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Harenil.. howd u get ur VSR action to fit the stock?? im curious
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  02:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Minor dremeling to fit, major dremeling it get the mag and stuff in.
Go to Top of Page

mez
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/29/2004

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  7:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit mez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow, NICE snipers guys. i can't wait until my vsr-10 pro comes in. i'll be sure to post some pics.
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  02:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pretty cool gun ZS, YOu still planning on that HS Precision?
Go to Top of Page

Zero Signal
Trigger Girl



USA
Member Since: 06/19/2003

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  6:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Zero Signal's Homepage  Send Zero Signal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. It's nothing special on the outside, really. I can't wait to get all my upgrade parts! I like your SR-16, and I'm still thinking about getting one. (Although I'd spend the 25 bucks for black RIS covers, that OD makes me ill ) Too bad ModelMarts still won't answer my emails.

(EDIT) Ooh, yeah. I found it again. Not sure about that HS Precision, it's awfully expensive. I might go with something that looks a bit more plain/not quite as expensive. I bet it would be really tough to make a place to put the mag catch in nice and level...
Go to Top of Page

Edward Victory
Major



USA
Member Since: 11/25/2004

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  6:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Edward Victory's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Signal

HS Precision? ::Lost:: Is that the name of a stock I was looking at, or is HS an acronym for Head Shot?

Thanks. It's nothing special on the outside, really. I can't wait to get all my upgrade parts! I like your SR-16, and I'm still thinking about getting one. (Although I'd spend the 25 bucks for black RIS covers, that OD makes me ill ) Too bad ModelMarts still won't answer my emails.



Haven't seen you post here for awhile. Anyway, welcome back!

I have that same problem with Model Marts. They must die. (jk, jk lol)

Anyway, nice guns!
Go to Top of Page

kewlsniper2
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/12/2005

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  7:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit kewlsniper2's Homepage  Send kewlsniper2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy hell white dingo that thing is sexy mmmm i want one of those so bad care to get more pics?
Go to Top of Page

WhiteDingo
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 01/26/2004

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  7:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteDingo's Homepage  Click to see WhiteDingo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What would you like pics of? I can get a whole lot.
And I've got much nicer resolution shots on my PC, but the host wont allow 1.2 meg pictures.

EDIT: 2 more pictures added, let me know if you want more.

ZS, nice looking rifle so far. I hope you'll be upgrading more than a 100sp though?

EDIT 2:
Original scope for the M40 was a redfield 3-9x40 widefield scope, yes? Reticle like so... ?
Or am I mistaken?

EDIT 3: Her name is Christina
Go to Top of Page

kewlsniper2
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/12/2005

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  7:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit kewlsniper2's Homepage  Send kewlsniper2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hellz ya thats by far the nicest looking gun in sniper pics besides timcos m24
i hate the way vsr's look evan though i have one i hate the way they look
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  11:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is the COOOOOLEST reticle I have yet to see. Makes rangefinding so simple.

That is one sweet rifle. How does she shoot? What's her name?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 19.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000