| Author |
Topic  |
|
Kornkob
Death Dealer
    

USA
Member Since: 01/04/2003 |
Posted - 01/08/2005 : 08:48:30 AM
|
pretty much.
Things that have already been 'published' somewhere really dont give us anything unique to work with. IT takes a lot of effort to review, edit, prep for page and publication of an article or review. We don't want to spend all that time on somethign that has already been read by a majority of our guests. |
 |
|
|
peTeMelster
Colonel
   

Member Since: 04/16/2004 |
Posted - 01/08/2005 : 5:44:32 PM
|
| I see. Would a 20-30 page review be too long for a complicated gun like the PSG-1? Or would the tremendous amount of detail, neatly organized into distinct sections with several high quality pics spliced with personal ancedotes and stories be welcomed? |
 |
|
|
Ramones1017
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 04/27/2004 |
Posted - 01/08/2005 : 9:36:46 PM
|
| Question: Once a review is submitted, edited, and posted on AS-R, do we have to continue to host the pictures, or will AS-R host them? |
 |
|
|
Kornkob
Death Dealer
    

USA
Member Since: 01/04/2003 |
Posted - 01/08/2005 : 9:45:37 PM
|
| They get hosted from ASR |
 |
|
|
P90FaNaTIc
Major
  
![]()
USA
Member Since: 12/05/2003 |
Posted - 01/13/2005 : 11:23:34 PM
|
what if you have pics but you cant host them on a website (im not allowed to have own website)
could I just send the pics to you kornkob? |
 |
|
|
navypuff90
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 07/14/2004 |
Posted - 03/06/2005 : 9:09:49 PM
|
| Thanks for this form its a good one. |
 |
|
|
tgrillo
The Kernel
   

USA
Member Since: 07/07/2004 |
|
|
shadowlink217
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/19/2004 |
Posted - 04/26/2005 : 10:30:12 PM
|
You guys can expect a P90 review coming from me pretty soon.
Although I would have to get a hold of my friend's sister's camera, so it might take longer than expected... |
 |
|
|
Trooper
Private

USA
Member Since: 04/23/2005 |
Posted - 04/30/2005 : 12:11:07 PM
|
| Would a mortar review fit in this topic? Because I already did a review on it and made 4 good pictures. This mortar is already on production and you can buy them from the business. |
 |
|
|
nukethecube
Captain
 

Member Since: 02/21/2005 |
Posted - 05/01/2005 : 4:28:28 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Kornkob
pretty much.
Things that have already been 'published' somewhere really dont give us anything unique to work with. IT takes a lot of effort to review, edit, prep for page and publication of an article or review. We don't want to spend all that time on somethign that has already been read by a majority of our guests.
If you've already published it somewhere, I guess you can't submit it. |
 |
|
|
Trooper
Private

USA
Member Since: 04/23/2005 |
Posted - 05/14/2005 : 7:36:46 PM
|
| Well, since I already posted it off another forum, I posted my review on Misc. Weapon forum so everyone else can read it. |
 |
|
|
bartsimpson123844
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 05/21/2004 |
Posted - 06/13/2005 : 6:08:16 PM
|
| I submitted a review like 4 days ago.....how long until i get a reply? |
 |
|
|
Flint Stone 98
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 07/25/2002 |
Posted - 06/18/2005 : 04:44:30 AM
|
| I posted my HFC .38 revolver review over two months ago, and have never heard anything. |
 |
|
|
JoshK
Probation 6/05


USA
Member Since: 05/20/2005 |
Posted - 06/18/2005 : 1:13:09 PM
|
I sent a review a little while ago...just wondering how long it takes usually (like the two people above me).
-Josh |
 |
|
|
ocfan1234
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 02/14/2005 |
Posted - 06/18/2005 : 6:57:34 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by bartsimpson123844
I submitted a review like 4 days ago.....how long until i get a reply?
I think its until KornKob gets back...and he hasnt posted since april.
also, it takes a few months to get a reply. i dont know why, but thats how it goes |
 |
|
|
popnfresh wLcH
Staff Writer
   

USA
Member Since: 05/06/2004 |
Posted - 06/18/2005 : 11:37:24 PM
|
| We're presently trying to convince the admins to let staff writers come in and help with this process, but they havent been very active in the pre-pub section. We'll let you guys know. |
 |
|
|
bartsimpson123844
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 05/21/2004 |
Posted - 06/19/2005 : 09:33:42 AM
|
| Ok, I am willing to wait, just wanted to get a reply from you guys. |
 |
|
|
NovaLord2
Private
USA
Member Since: 06/19/2005 |
Posted - 06/23/2005 : 6:54:46 PM
|
| I have posted a review on the CA870 sawn-off, please get back to me soon. |
 |
|
|
bartsimpson123844
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 05/21/2004 |
Posted - 06/23/2005 : 7:19:01 PM
|
| Another one Nova? I don't know if they will take another one, don't we already have like 2 or 3 already? Good luck anyway though! |
 |
|
|
socomairsoft
Staff Writer
  

USA
Member Since: 07/05/2004 |
Posted - 06/27/2005 : 11:16:19 AM
|
| Alright guys, there's a new sheriff in town. I'll be looking at your reviews, and hopefully you won't wait more than a week for replies. |
 |
|
|
NovaLord2
Private
USA
Member Since: 06/19/2005 |
Posted - 06/28/2005 : 9:31:45 PM
|
Thanks, i appreciate it.  |
 |
|
|
no5685
Major
  
![]()
USA
Member Since: 12/23/2004 |
Posted - 06/29/2005 : 12:24:34 AM
|
Hey SOCOM, I replied to your email.
But with my Desert Eagle review, it can't be published because it was posted on the forums. Can I delete the review, and then have it published. I saw someone do this before. |
 |
|
|
dudsy
Sergeant


United Kingdom
Member Since: 08/08/2004 |
Posted - 06/29/2005 : 10:22:16 AM
|
Thanks socom, you replied to my metal body review that I had being waiting months for, I better get busy making it better. Also socom is there anything imparticular you want me to change or add to my review if so e-mail me at dudsy@dudill.com
thanks.
-dudsy |
 |
|
|
NovaLord2
Private
USA
Member Since: 06/19/2005 |
Posted - 06/30/2005 : 02:16:42 AM
|
| lol, it seems liek none of our reviews have passed, heh, i guess its back to editing board for me. |
 |
|
|
popnfresh wLcH
Staff Writer
   

USA
Member Since: 05/06/2004 |
Posted - 06/30/2005 : 03:04:30 AM
|
Yeah, it can take months before the reviews are even HTML ready, and even when they are, they still get tossed in a line. We have about 10 reviews that are ready for publishing, but the admins havent been around to do that, so we pass the time by bunching up the line. So even if you do get it into pre-pub, dont expect to be out too soon.  |
 |
|
Topic  |
|