Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Sniper's Perch
 Dusk's VSR-10 upgrade guide
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Praetor
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/05/2004

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  12:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Praetor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sticky!

:)
Go to Top of Page

ScreamingEagle101
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 01/22/2005

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  9:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScreamingEagle101's Homepage  Send ScreamingEagle101 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Approximate prices from poweredgeusa.com
*Laylax pss10 ps110 spring: 360 fps*
Needed:
-Spring*$13
Recomended:
-Trigger sear*$35
-piston sear*$21
-Spring guide*$25

with that....how much of it is really recommened. I am very low on budget, so couldl i get away with just the spring and the guide, or do i need all of it?

/edit: what will happen if i dont get the sears?
Go to Top of Page

Wupjak
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/27/2004

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  9:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wupjak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can get away with just the spring and spring guide.
Go to Top of Page

spazzytroy
Private



USA
Member Since: 11/25/2004

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  12:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit spazzytroy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about the spring guide stopper being a reqired part for even a 150. Mine's stock and it has had a bag of SGM's through it + about 100 plinking around shots. The only wear on the part is a groove caused by the back of the spring guide when I take it out. It probably will eventually need to be replaced, but thats going to happen to anyone who takes their gun apart alot.
Go to Top of Page

Hopper
Private

Member Since: 03/22/2005

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  12:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hopper's Homepage  Reply with Quote


So what im confused about is on the parts lists here the high pressure piston is listed still for using the 170 spring and zero trigger.. do I trash piston it comes with??? How do I know what pistons are ok for using the zero and the laylax teflon clinder??? (ok that was 2 questions) keep in mind I want the best parts


Go to Top of Page

Dusk
Captain



Member Since: 07/30/2004

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  05:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dusk's Homepage  Send Dusk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Needed:You install this part too, or you will break your gun
Recomended:I personaly recomend this part(s) because i think it is better

Hopper, The zero trigger only works with its piston.So it would be stupid to throw out its piston and try to use the HP one.

I also think i explained that it replaces the need to buy a piston, piston sear,trigger sear, and a spring guide stopper.

What good is this guide if you dont read it?
Go to Top of Page

Pwnage
Private



Member Since: 04/18/2004

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  3:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pwnage's Homepage  Send Pwnage an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CapaciousZepher

I have heard, and this has been stated on this forum, that a stock G-SPEC with a SP120 will work fine. No need for piston or trigger sears. Sure they will make the set-up more durable but they are not required. Someone (I can't recall who) said that they had put 1000 rounds through their VSR with stock internals and a SP120 and had had no problems. There is a lot of talk about what you can have in your VSR without upgrading and the feeling I've got from all those posts is that you can have a SP120 in a stock VSR and will last for a good while, obviously there will be more ware on the sears, but it will last for quite a stretch.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher



Actually he's right... That was me he was talking about. I have checked all internals (just 3 days ago) and I still don't notice any wear on them(with the 120 in). And its easily well over 1000 rounds probably closer to 2000 now(mainy plinking). Of course... Maybe I'm just lucky

This is really helpful I was wondering what Exactly I would need if I was gonna upgrade w/ 150.
Go to Top of Page

sincl3b4
Sergeant



Member Since: 11/23/2004

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  3:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit sincl3b4's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nice job dusk. i'll recommend this one to my vsr toting freinds (i unfortunatly don't have one :(
Go to Top of Page

alexofdeath
Sergeant

Member Since: 02/16/2005

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  4:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit alexofdeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so if i was to buy the zero trigger set and a teflon cylinder it would be as durable as it could get?
Go to Top of Page

Hopper
Private

Member Since: 03/22/2005

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  6:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hopper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
m


Go to Top of Page

Dusk
Captain



Member Since: 07/30/2004

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  6:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dusk's Homepage  Send Dusk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Woah hey, look what i said! "replaces the whole trigger assembly and piston" So yes, i did explain that it replaces the piston, sears, and spring guide stopper.And when i said "replaces all these parts above" i assumed that you would acknowledge that it ment the trigger assembly, and piston as stated before.

The piston head is seperate.

NOTE: "When i said it would help if you read my guide"I wasnt really refering to you.
-dusk-

If you want more info to back up my claims, search for:" Definitive"
in the sniper section and click on links.
Go to Top of Page

PV_Golf
Private

Member Since: 12/26/2004

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  4:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit PV_Golf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dusk - What's the purpose of the recommended parts? If I don't get those will the gun break in just a couple of shots or are they just recommended because those are the only parts that aren't upgraded?

For example, I would like to upgrade my G-Spec with a PSS10 PS130 Spring. If I get just the trigger sear and piston sear, will my gun last me a long time or will it break with just a little use?

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Dusk
Captain



Member Since: 07/30/2004

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  5:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dusk's Homepage  Send Dusk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I recomended them because they will up your guns duarbility.Sure, you may get away with some stock parts, but they will break quickly, after about 1000-5000 shots. Whereas the upgraded parts will break like after 100,000 shots(maybe never break).

Im running a pss-10 130 spring in my g-spec, and i have a zero trigger, teflon cylinder, silent piston head, and a metal spring guide w/bearing. I wouldnt have it any other way.

Go to Top of Page

SniperAttack13
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/23/2003

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  5:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit SniperAttack13's Homepage  Send SniperAttack13 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The End

One question, some guys I know in a class of mine told me I can go to a place like Gibralter and there could be a booth where I could give them the gun and have them upgrade it for $25 if I've got the parts in hand. Could this be true and if so, should I trust the service or not?

EDIT: A quick question about the VSR-10, how do I know what type of scope I would need for one of these? I know that every gun has a barrel size for a scope but my main concern has always been, if I order this online, it doesn't tell me the barrel size so how do I know what type of scope to get? Or is this one of those questions that can be answered by a quick visit to google?


I know there is a booth at the the Gibralter Trade Center where a guy sells airsoft guns and supplies. I'm not sure if the guy does upgrades, or if he does them well, though. But $25 for labor is pretty cheap, and might be worth a trip their. Good luck.

As for this guide, I beleive it should be nominated for a stick. It's a huge help to all those people who need to know what is need for their gun not to explode. Great job. Wanna cookie?

-TJ
Go to Top of Page

ESUsniper
Private



USA
Member Since: 03/28/2005

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  12:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit ESUsniper's Homepage  Send ESUsniper an AOL message  Click to see ESUsniper's MSN Messenger address  Send ESUsniper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
if i got a new cylender would i have to drill it? i am not too comfortable drilling a hole in the stock one
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  12:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No you wouldn't. Why would you?
Go to Top of Page

killahnyc
Major



Afghanistan
Member Since: 06/28/2004

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  12:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit killahnyc's Homepage  Send killahnyc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So to get a reliable upgrade vsr10 all I need is a zero trigger and a spring?
Go to Top of Page

alexofdeath
Sergeant

Member Since: 02/16/2005

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  2:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit alexofdeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the way you say it you could use a 170 spring with only the zero trigger, is this correct?
Go to Top of Page

Wupjak
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/27/2004

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  2:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wupjak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
add a spring guide and yes.
Go to Top of Page

alexofdeath
Sergeant

Member Since: 02/16/2005

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  3:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit alexofdeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awsome
Go to Top of Page

f8pc
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/21/2004

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  4:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit f8pc's Homepage  Send f8pc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexofdeath

the way you say it you could use a 170 spring with only the zero trigger, is this correct?



quote:
Originally posted by Wupjak

add a spring guide and yes.



So it doesnt come with a spring guide?

Is this a Laylax Spring Guide with bearing?
http://www.poweredgeusa.com/product.asp?CategoryID=138&ID=2885

Does the Zero trigger come with a spring, and if so, which fps does it produce?
Go to Top of Page

brainycheddar
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 02/04/2005

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  12:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit brainycheddar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
whatis the bolt pull like with a 170, I am a prospective vsr buyer, and I want to know what I will get myself into, I wouldn't want to install $300+ in parts just to find out that I can't pull it back from the prone position without making a big fuss.
Go to Top of Page

Dusk
Captain



Member Since: 07/30/2004

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  03:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dusk's Homepage  Send Dusk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay first: Alexofdeath, recomended means you dont exactly need it, but its better than some parts stated above.You dont need it.
Second:Brainy, i can easily pull a 130 spring in prone without any fuss, and i am 13 and out-of-shape
Go to Top of Page

brainycheddar
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 02/04/2005

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  11:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit brainycheddar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so a 17year old wrestler such as myself should have no problem with a 150? thanks
Go to Top of Page

Wupjak
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/27/2004

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  11:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wupjak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, cheddar. I can lay prone and cock my 170 with minimal thrashing around. I use a g-spec. Basically, I'm a right handed shooter and I do it like this:

Left arm under the trigger guard, fingers of left hand wrapped around the butt of the stock
Right hand on the bolt handle, palm down
Lift bolt handle with fingers of right hand
Right elbow sticking out parallel to the ground
Pull bolt back in quick motion

I'm an older guy that's not particularly strong, but I can do it with np. I've had firemen and sheriff's deputies give me junk about how hard it is to cock, but it's all about technique and repetition.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000