Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 Discuss photos of modified EBB/Mini-Electric/LPE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  08:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DownTown1, You got some mad photography Skills. Too bad I can't get you to photograph my creations to give them the credit they deserve.
Go to Top of Page

EmptyChambers
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/03/2005

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  6:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit EmptyChambers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SGtwiltan: I'm loving your pototype MP5. Could you possibly send me some instructions on how you did it? I tried to email you, but it wasn't in your profile. Mine is though. I would be extremely gratefull if you used it to sned me some info.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  5:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doofus333

i work construction now, i'm reasonably certain i could handle it. it's just a question of ignoring my politics, messing up my life plan, alienating several family members, etc. anyway.

i was talking about these:
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/thumbnails/magpul_covers2_jpg.jpg

found here:
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/access.htm
(scroll down)

also, i usually like the big fat foregrip look. i find it gives it something of a scifi feel to the weapon.



The new fish...err XM8 is coming out. That should be science fictiony enough.
Go to Top of Page

tedtay17
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/09/2005

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit tedtay17's Homepage  Send tedtay17 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dude sgt i love ur guns they are sweet
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  11:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmptyChambers

SGtwiltan: I'm loving your pototype MP5. Could you possibly send me some instructions on how you did it? I tried to email you, but it wasn't in your profile. Mine is though. I would be extremely gratefull if you used it to sned me some info.


I included pics prior to assembly to show what parts are needed to be installed. The only other really pissy part is installing the barrel. I think there are some links further up this thread with the parts neccesary for this mod.
Here is the link
http://www.wholesalecentral.com/airsoftzone/store.cfm?event=itemdetail&itemid=387884&returnto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewholesalecentral%2Ecom%2Fairsoftzone%2Fstore%2Ecfm
or here
http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1-1-633&Category_Code=SpringAction

This should not cost more than $50 including paint and the springer. I figured that using a TM aeg,guarder rails and the batteries and other extras this would come out to about $500or more. NOT something to play with. This mod is around $100 using a GB and $150 using the UTG TOTAL! I have not pro-rated the cost of materials since those can also be used on other guns so in essence it is more like $5-$10 per gun plus the original cost. Have fun I know I did.
Go to Top of Page

Downtown1
Private



Member Since: 07/27/2005

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  9:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Downtown1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SgtWil,

Luv your Steyr Mod!
I wanna try a similar look, when I get mine.
I'll prolly paint it too but in OD I think.

On Photography,
I just use natural light and try weird angles.
I'm just copying what I see in tha gun mags.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eddy72,
If you wanna get the tone darker for the green try this. Take flat black and spray the green from about a foot to foot and a half so that the black mist slowly darkens the green in to a darker shade. repeat until you get the desired effect. It works when you don't have the correct color paint but it is a little more wasteful of paint. The green from my MP5 was actually a very bright almost neonish green before the process.
I haven't tried it on a darker color to a lighter color for tinting but I think it should also work.
Go to Top of Page

Eddy72
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  3:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats a pretty good idea. The reason I used Olive instead of Olive Drab was because it was the only green I had that was close to OD.

I might try what you said. I am running short on paint though...
Go to Top of Page

t3hPerson
Sergeant



Member Since: 04/09/2005

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit t3hPerson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sgtwiltan, I love your MP5-SIRs and I think I'm ready to buy the G3 springer, but I have a few questions. First of all, can you still get a battery in the foregrip with the SIR on, or would I have to rewire my UTG to the stock? Second, does the SIR come right off of the G3 and go right onto the MP5, and if not what kind of modification would I be looking at when I do this? Also, when looking at the picture below the full-stock SIR I see two poles next to the two SIRs. Do these have any importance, and if so where do they go and where can I get one?
Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my first real mod and I'm kinda nervous...
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  10:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by t3hPerson

sgtwiltan, I love your MP5-SIRs and I think I'm ready to buy the G3 springer, but I have a few questions. First of all, can you still get a battery in the foregrip with the SIR on, or would I have to rewire my UTG to the stock? Second, does the SIR come right off of the G3 and go right onto the MP5, and if not what kind of modification would I be looking at when I do this? Also, when looking at the picture below the full-stock SIR I see two poles next to the two SIRs. Do these have any importance, and if so where do they go and where can I get one?
Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my first real mod and I'm kinda nervous...


The RIS rails have to have about 1 inch cut from the bottom side rails to fit. You'll see when you do a test fit. I rewired it because you'll soon understand how much of a pain it is to keep undoing all those screws for every battery change. My original LPEG prototype actually used a PEQ as an external battery compartment if you really don't want to rewire. You'll just have to figure out how to disguise the wires. I also drilled a hole on either side of the UTG body for screws to secure the rails and really make them sturdy. You'll also find you need to shave a bit off the U shaped nub on the upper reciver to get the rails to sit tight. I used a laminated 4-5mm plastic bit that fit into the slot and then used 2 small screws to really hold the Upper RIS rails down. I've heard that the gun is a little too light for some peoples taste but it is simply solved by adding/screwing/taping weights on to the rails to give it a bit more heft. You could also find some lenths of copper pipe to go over the barrel inside the handguard to add more weight. Up to you. I was thinking of even doing that on mine but decided against it since I specifically wanted it light weight for play. Those two poles you see were part of the stock mod and are not necessary for the RIS adaptation.

Good luck! and hope you enjoy the mod process.
Go to Top of Page

1337_n00b
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/20/2005

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  10:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1337_n00b's Homepage  Send 1337_n00b an AOL message  Click to see 1337_n00b's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How did you get that flash hider on the UTG MP5 BTW? Looks great, oh and also what springer did you use to get the rails from?
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  07:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1337_n00b

How did you get that flash hider on the UTG MP5 BTW? Looks great, oh and also what springer did you use to get the rails from?


All from the Springer look further back on this thread to get the details.
Go to Top of Page

ICSM4A1
Private

USA
Member Since: 09/26/2005

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  4:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICSM4A1's Homepage  Send ICSM4A1 an AOL message  Send ICSM4A1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Freedom fighter thats customized but i cant figure out how to get the file size down on the Photos. Anyways it has the red dot scope on the carry handle, a silencer on the barrel (not the one it comes with) and a shot gun attachment. It looks sweet. Too bad i cant show the photos.
Go to Top of Page

ranger89
Probation 3/05



Member Since: 12/01/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ranger89's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sgtwiltan where did u buy the RIS piece for your BE AUG. I know the frontgrip snaps off easy. Id love to have that on mine.
Go to Top of Page

shadowmaster123
Sergeant



Member Since: 04/07/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  8:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit shadowmaster123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ranger89

sgtwiltan where did u buy the RIS piece for your BE AUG. I know the frontgrip snaps off easy. Id love to have that on mine.




i might be wrong but i think he got it from shortyusa.com for $30
Go to Top of Page

ranger89
Probation 3/05



Member Since: 12/01/2004

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit ranger89's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thnaks alot i found it. On sale for 25
Go to Top of Page

AAB
Private



Russia
Member Since: 07/05/2005

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  11:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit AAB's Homepage  Send AAB an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bkk--is that a freaking DBZ card? rofl...
Go to Top of Page

Ban Mido
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  6:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ban Mido's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bkk- is that the ak from cheaper than dirt?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000