| Author |
Topic  |
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 09/30/2005 : 08:43:22 AM
|
| DownTown1, You got some mad photography Skills. Too bad I can't get you to photograph my creations to give them the credit they deserve. |
 |
|
|
EmptyChambers
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 04/03/2005 |
Posted - 09/30/2005 : 6:25:15 PM
|
| SGtwiltan: I'm loving your pototype MP5. Could you possibly send me some instructions on how you did it? I tried to email you, but it wasn't in your profile. Mine is though. I would be extremely gratefull if you used it to sned me some info. |
 |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 10/02/2005 : 5:42:08 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by doofus333
i work construction now, i'm reasonably certain i could handle it. it's just a question of ignoring my politics, messing up my life plan, alienating several family members, etc. anyway.
i was talking about these: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/thumbnails/magpul_covers2_jpg.jpg
found here: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/access.htm (scroll down)
also, i usually like the big fat foregrip look. i find it gives it something of a scifi feel to the weapon.
The new fish...err XM8 is coming out. That should be science fictiony enough. |
 |
|
|
tedtay17
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 01/09/2005 |
Posted - 10/02/2005 : 6:50:15 PM
|
| dude sgt i love ur guns they are sweet |
 |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
|
|
Downtown1
Private

Member Since: 07/27/2005 |
Posted - 10/05/2005 : 9:47:37 PM
|
SgtWil,
Luv your Steyr Mod! I wanna try a similar look, when I get mine.  I'll prolly paint it too but in OD I think.
On Photography, I just use natural light and try weird angles. I'm just copying what I see in tha gun mags.  |
 |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 10/12/2005 : 11:58:34 AM
|
Eddy72, If you wanna get the tone darker for the green try this. Take flat black and spray the green from about a foot to foot and a half so that the black mist slowly darkens the green in to a darker shade. repeat until you get the desired effect. It works when you don't have the correct color paint but it is a little more wasteful of paint. The green from my MP5 was actually a very bright almost neonish green before the process. I haven't tried it on a darker color to a lighter color for tinting but I think it should also work. |
 |
|
|
Eddy72
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004 |
Posted - 10/12/2005 : 3:07:24 PM
|
Thats a pretty good idea. The reason I used Olive instead of Olive Drab was because it was the only green I had that was close to OD.
I might try what you said. I am running short on paint though... |
 |
|
|
t3hPerson
Sergeant


Member Since: 04/09/2005 |
Posted - 11/26/2005 : 10:07:31 AM
|
sgtwiltan, I love your MP5-SIRs and I think I'm ready to buy the G3 springer, but I have a few questions. First of all, can you still get a battery in the foregrip with the SIR on, or would I have to rewire my UTG to the stock? Second, does the SIR come right off of the G3 and go right onto the MP5, and if not what kind of modification would I be looking at when I do this? Also, when looking at the picture below the full-stock SIR I see two poles next to the two SIRs. Do these have any importance, and if so where do they go and where can I get one? Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my first real mod and I'm kinda nervous... |
 |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 11/27/2005 : 10:29:12 AM
|
quote: Originally posted by t3hPerson
sgtwiltan, I love your MP5-SIRs and I think I'm ready to buy the G3 springer, but I have a few questions. First of all, can you still get a battery in the foregrip with the SIR on, or would I have to rewire my UTG to the stock? Second, does the SIR come right off of the G3 and go right onto the MP5, and if not what kind of modification would I be looking at when I do this? Also, when looking at the picture below the full-stock SIR I see two poles next to the two SIRs. Do these have any importance, and if so where do they go and where can I get one? Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my first real mod and I'm kinda nervous...
The RIS rails have to have about 1 inch cut from the bottom side rails to fit. You'll see when you do a test fit. I rewired it because you'll soon understand how much of a pain it is to keep undoing all those screws for every battery change. My original LPEG prototype actually used a PEQ as an external battery compartment if you really don't want to rewire. You'll just have to figure out how to disguise the wires. I also drilled a hole on either side of the UTG body for screws to secure the rails and really make them sturdy. You'll also find you need to shave a bit off the U shaped nub on the upper reciver to get the rails to sit tight. I used a laminated 4-5mm plastic bit that fit into the slot and then used 2 small screws to really hold the Upper RIS rails down. I've heard that the gun is a little too light for some peoples taste but it is simply solved by adding/screwing/taping weights on to the rails to give it a bit more heft. You could also find some lenths of copper pipe to go over the barrel inside the handguard to add more weight. Up to you. I was thinking of even doing that on mine but decided against it since I specifically wanted it light weight for play. Those two poles you see were part of the stock mod and are not necessary for the RIS adaptation.
Good luck! and hope you enjoy the mod process. |
 |
|
|
1337_n00b
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 07/20/2005 |
Posted - 11/29/2005 : 10:16:34 PM
|
| How did you get that flash hider on the UTG MP5 BTW? Looks great, oh and also what springer did you use to get the rails from? |
 |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 11/30/2005 : 07:48:39 AM
|
quote: Originally posted by 1337_n00b
How did you get that flash hider on the UTG MP5 BTW? Looks great, oh and also what springer did you use to get the rails from?
All from the Springer look further back on this thread to get the details. |
 |
|
|
ICSM4A1
Private
USA
Member Since: 09/26/2005 |
Posted - 12/02/2005 : 4:05:52 PM
|
| I have a Freedom fighter thats customized but i cant figure out how to get the file size down on the Photos. Anyways it has the red dot scope on the carry handle, a silencer on the barrel (not the one it comes with) and a shot gun attachment. It looks sweet. Too bad i cant show the photos. |
 |
|
|
ranger89
Probation 3/05


Member Since: 12/01/2004 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 3:34:47 PM
|
| sgtwiltan where did u buy the RIS piece for your BE AUG. I know the frontgrip snaps off easy. Id love to have that on mine. |
 |
|
|
shadowmaster123
Sergeant


Member Since: 04/07/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 8:12:43 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by ranger89
sgtwiltan where did u buy the RIS piece for your BE AUG. I know the frontgrip snaps off easy. Id love to have that on mine.
i might be wrong but i think he got it from shortyusa.com for $30 |
 |
|
|
ranger89
Probation 3/05


Member Since: 12/01/2004 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 12:11:34 PM
|
| Thnaks alot i found it. On sale for 25 |
 |
|
|
AAB
Private

Russia
Member Since: 07/05/2005 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 11:31:47 PM
|
| bkk--is that a freaking DBZ card? rofl... |
 |
|
|
Ban Mido
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006 |
Posted - 02/08/2006 : 6:10:48 PM
|
| bkk- is that the ak from cheaper than dirt? |
 |
|
Topic  |
|