| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
foozlemymoose
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 04/23/2005 : 07:42:59 AM
|
I am looking for a thorough walkthrough of how the early shell-ejecting, bb firing guns worked. Can anyone tell me how, or point me in the right direction of where I can find this information?
thanks, Jack |
|
|
Darryl Zero
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 10/01/2003 |
Posted - 04/23/2005 : 2:08:46 PM
|
There were multiple systems, which did you want to know about? Some examples:
Tokyo Marui shell ejecting Walther MPL and MP5
Maruzen shell ejecting KG9, Mini-UZI, Remington Wingmaster, etc. (all springers)
FTC HK P9S (springer)
Marushin UZI, M1 carbine (full auto gas shell ejectors) |
 |
|
|
foozlemymoose
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 09/04/2004 |
Posted - 04/23/2005 : 2:32:41 PM
|
I have been working on a way to convert a shell ejecting Walther PPKs, into an airsoft gun (see link). I figured it would be good to incorporate some of the classic shell-ejectors ideas into my own, so I guess my question really is, which system do you think would be best suited to this? The more systems I can find out about the better, but I understand if you don't want to explain them all.
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63242
|
 |
|
|
Darryl Zero
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 10/01/2003 |
Posted - 04/25/2005 : 3:14:57 PM
|
First, fitting the mechanics into a small gun like the PPK/S will require a lot of engineering and custom parts fabrication. You probably shouldn't attempt it unless you have lots of time, tools, and experience. if you were to do it, one of the Marushin GBB's would be the way to go, but your system would be purely gas... No flash, smoke, or bang. You'd also pay over $350 for one just to cut it up and use it for parts.
If you want a cap-firing model gun that also fires airsoft bb's, it has already been done. The Marushin CZ-75 extreme was a combination of model gun and airsoft gun, the PFC caps providing the force to fire bb's.
There was a taiwanese company that also did similar guns... They had a generic 1911, a Beretta M84 (early model with round trigger guard), Beretta M92 Dolphin, etc.
Hard to find, expensive, and not very good in overall performance. |
 |
|
|
foozlemymoose
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 09/04/2004 |
Posted - 04/25/2005 : 5:59:03 PM
|
I guess if the workings of the classics are too complex, than i'll leave it be. However i'm still going to plug away at the gas filled cartridge idea. I just wanted to see if there was an alternative to this.
Thanks, Jack
|
 |
|
|
ssfwymfpos27
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 06/06/2005 |
Posted - 06/20/2005 : 3:58:05 PM
|
| the system is too complex to explain on a forum effectively. |
 |
|
|
TheManWithThePlasticMag
Staff Writer
   

USA
Member Since: 11/12/2003 |
Posted - 06/20/2005 : 4:30:04 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by ssfwymfpos27
the system is too complex to explain on a forum effectively.
You could at least try, you know.
Have you considered modifying a real steel mechanism for your use? |
 |
|
|
Professor K
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004 |
Posted - 06/20/2005 : 10:12:22 PM
|
| .22 crimp blank gas revolver, plus random drilling, orings, and barrels= super high FPS revolver! |
 |
|
|
Private Pile
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 02/01/2005 |
Posted - 07/02/2005 : 7:15:16 PM
|
| On some guns it is just a regular magazine with a seperate follower and shell holder in back of where the bb's are loaded. |
 |
|
|
Professor K
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004 |
Posted - 07/02/2005 : 11:15:18 PM
|
| Yeah, those TM SMGs were like that. You could fire them without BBs/shells. You could also load in spent 9mm shells, too. |
 |
|
|
Xplosive
General
    

USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003 |
Posted - 07/02/2005 : 11:25:47 PM
|
| THere were more then one TM shell ejector? I believed that it was only the MP7... |
 |
|
|
bartsimpson123844
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 05/21/2004 |
Posted - 07/03/2005 : 11:56:44 AM
|
quote: Originally posted by Xplosive
THere were more then one TM shell ejector? I believed that it was only the MP7...
Uhhh, I though it was just the MPL and an MP5.....MP7??? |
 |
|
|
Miragejack
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 09/25/2004 |
Posted - 08/17/2005 : 3:32:21 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Professor K
.22 crimp blank gas revolver, plus random drilling, orings, and barrels= super high FPS revolver!
There is a certain point in airsoft, where modding and creating leaves all sence of airsoft, and the only thing left in relation is that you're using airsoft BBs.
I think this might cross that "New ways to fling airsoft BBs" line.

|
 |
|
|
Xplosive
General
    

USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003 |
Posted - 08/17/2005 : 3:39:59 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by bartsimpson123844
quote: Originally posted by Xplosive
THere were more then one TM shell ejector? I believed that it was only the MP7...
Uhhh, I though it was just the MPL and an MP5.....MP7???
Hey yeah you're right. I got my facts mixed up back then, theres the MPL and MP5A3. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|