Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Classic Airsoft Guns
 Price on JAC AUG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Empty420
Private

Member Since:

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  10:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Empty420's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a JAC AUG. It's been my project gun for years and I just don't have the drive to complete it anymore. The internal gas chamber leaked so I had the internals tapped out to use paintball fittings and ran some micro line to by pass the chamber. (the internal chamber is hacked and will only serve as weight now). I hooked up my remote set up and the the bb's just blew (softly) through the barrel without pulling the trigger. What could I be missing? Any sugestions?

If I can get it to work again I could sell it for a good amount of money (or maybe fall in love with it again and actually use it). I may consider selling it to some one looking for a project. What do you guys think a price for this "project" gun should be? The only other problem is the front handgaurd is cracke in half. A little glue or plastic weld will fix that easy.

Xplosive
General



USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  10:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Xplosive's Homepage  Send Xplosive an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What PSI are you running it at? It should be at around 100PSI, give or take.
Go to Top of Page

Empty420
Private

Member Since: 05/04/2004

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  11:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Empty420's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was closer to 175 psi (pushing it, I know), although I don't completly trust my AirAmerica Vigilante regulator. the bb's still roll out the barrel with out gas attached.
Go to Top of Page

Xplosive
General



USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  11:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Xplosive's Homepage  Send Xplosive an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like your subchamber is having a problem or the Oring is bad. Email me your adress and I can ship you a few free Orings since I used to own an Asahi and bought 200 of them. Does this gun have any upgrades?
Go to Top of Page

Empty420
Private

Member Since: 05/04/2004

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  12:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Empty420's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank You very much on the offer on the O-rings. I'll see if I need them and get back to you.

Sorry but you have to spell things out for me ;) I've been out off airsoft for a long time and I didn't know that much back then ;)

What could be wrong with the subcamber? Is that the chamber that comes after the internal gas chamber?

No upgrades are on the gun.
Go to Top of Page

Xplosive
General



USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  12:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Xplosive's Homepage  Send Xplosive an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know much about BV guns or how to diagnose a problem, but I was thinking that maybe the majority of the air is running out of a cracked subchamber or our a cracked Oring so it doesn't push down the barrel to the full exstent.
Go to Top of Page

Empty420
Private

Member Since: 05/04/2004

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  01:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Empty420's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any sugestion on a price for a broken JAC AUG? I just want out.
Go to Top of Page

Professor K
Major



USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  5:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Professor K's Homepage  Send Professor K an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno, maybe a 100-150 bucks or so?
Go to Top of Page

Xplosive
General



USA
Member Since: 06/04/2003

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  7:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Xplosive's Homepage  Send Xplosive an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would guess more. You could probably ebay it for 250 or so.
Go to Top of Page

no5685
Major



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2004

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  8:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit no5685's Homepage  Send no5685 an AOL message  Click to see no5685's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd say more like $180-200. Most people aren't going to really want a broken gun, especially one that they know nothing about, a classic. As a lot of people are unaware that they exist. People on CA.net will help you with a price though.
Go to Top of Page

Professor K
Major



USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  02:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Professor K's Homepage  Send Professor K an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, JAC M16A1s cost 200, so...

I'd say 150 would be the most reasonable one, if you just want it off your hands. I think you killed it at 175PSI, though.... That's around twice the normal 80PSI of flon gas that the guns were originally made for.
Go to Top of Page

PantherAKS
Private

Member Since: 09/12/2004

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  6:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit PantherAKS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Email sent
Go to Top of Page

AS2002
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/04/2003

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  9:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit AS2002's Homepage  Send AS2002 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I don't know if this is news, but I'm in a rush and I figured I'd post this if you were interested, seeing how there's only a day left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAC-Steyr-AUG-Assassin_W0QQitemZ7186019655QQcategoryZ31685QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

matt121uk
Private

United Kingdom
Member Since: 10/05/2005

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  12:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit matt121uk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi mate , id gladly take it off your hands for spares and repairs because i own a Working 600fps Styr Aug.
Drop me a pm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000