Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 ASR Reviews
 Gun Parts and Accessories
 Mechbox Guide [by popnfresh wLcH]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

snicker
The Man



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  1:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit snicker's Homepage  Send snicker an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote

DaManJH99
Agent J



USA
Member Since: 05/19/2004

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  1:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaManJH99's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will, now I don't have to read it on Notepad
Go to Top of Page

SniperAttack13
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/23/2003

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  1:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit SniperAttack13's Homepage  Send SniperAttack13 an AOL message  Send SniperAttack13 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, fantastic guide. It covers literally everything you need to know about mechboxes! This a wonderful addition to AS-R. Great job popnfresh wLcH and AS-R staff.

-TJ
Go to Top of Page

tgrillo
The Kernel



USA
Member Since: 07/07/2004

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  2:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgrillo's Homepage  Send tgrillo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good Guide. More of a refresher for me, but I can see that this guide would be good for me when I first got into my gun

Good Job pop.
Go to Top of Page

nukethecube
Captain



Member Since: 02/21/2005

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  4:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit nukethecube's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's the most comprehensive, easy to understand, and detailed review I've seen in a long time. Nice job.
Go to Top of Page

chaoswithinthed
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/15/2004

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  8:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit chaoswithinthed's Homepage  Send chaoswithinthed an AOL message  Reply with Quote
VERY GOOD JOB. I've seen some detailed guides in some airsoft magazines, but nothing tops this. Just out of curisoty how long did it take you to make this? You have great info, and pictures to go with allmost everystep.

Daniel Pearson
Go to Top of Page

popnfresh wLcH
Staff Writer



USA
Member Since: 05/06/2004

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  9:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit popnfresh wLcH's Homepage  Send popnfresh wLcH an AOL message  Click to see popnfresh wLcH's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This piece spent much more time in the editing process making it as perfect as can be than it was being written. It took me about a week to finish the rough draft, another week to get it to an "HTML ready" state, and then a couple months to get it shiny for ASR publication.

Thanks for all the great comments. Jay, you don't have to install Microsoft Word anymore!
Go to Top of Page

foxhound
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 09/17/2003

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  11:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit foxhound's Homepage  Send foxhound an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow just wow. That was great. I think I might be able to put my old Mech back together! I'll give her a try tomarrow. I'm more of a Gas Gun person anyway.


Thanks a ton.


Fox
Go to Top of Page

K-STICK
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/28/2005

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  03:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit K-STICK's Homepage  Send K-STICK an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not a bad guide, but it is missing quite a few little things here and there. I don't mean to pick, but I hope people don't take this thing as a be all end all do it yourself guide. I mean it's good in all but you can't teach experience and with that comes knowing a lot more than what I read. I wont say it is the best review out there, but it was okay for the most part. I am just a nit-picky guy...lol
Go to Top of Page

cburykyle07
Private

Member Since: 04/11/2005

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  11:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cburykyle07's Homepage  Send cburykyle07 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
amazing
Go to Top of Page

warthogism
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/22/2004

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  1:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit warthogism's Homepage  Click to see warthogism's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awesome. good job on the guide.

I'd like to point out, though, that my ICS m4 has nylon bushings stock, not metal like the guide says.
Go to Top of Page

popnfresh wLcH
Staff Writer



USA
Member Since: 05/06/2004

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  2:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit popnfresh wLcH's Homepage  Send popnfresh wLcH an AOL message  Click to see popnfresh wLcH's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K-STICK

Not a bad guide, but it is missing quite a few little things here and there. I don't mean to pick, but I hope people don't take this thing as a be all end all do it yourself guide. I mean it's good in all but you can't teach experience and with that comes knowing a lot more than what I read. I wont say it is the best review out there, but it was okay for the most part. I am just a nit-picky guy...lol



It's quite all right, thaflash also had the same views as yourself. I never said this was end all be all, but I do remember saying it was a "tried and true" process that I'm sure many will agree with me upon. Nit-pickiness, is perfectly welcome!
Go to Top of Page

peTeMelster
Probation 6/05



Member Since: 04/16/2004

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  5:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit peTeMelster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice job. I was getting tired of looking at it in the Peer Editing section.
Go to Top of Page

whistler
News Editor



USA
Member Since: 04/08/2003

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  03:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit whistler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i really enjoyed this article, and i really like how it turned out. pictures leave a bit to be desired, but the information is just fantastic. excellent work popnfresh

-whistler
Go to Top of Page

ThaFlash
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 11/13/2002

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  6:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThaFlash's Homepage  Send ThaFlash an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha!
Go to Top of Page

no5685
Major



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2004

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  8:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit no5685's Homepage  Send no5685 an AOL message  Click to see no5685's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for writing the guide! It was the reason I got my FA-MAS gearbox back together, for the most part. Damn, wish it covered the V.1 gearbox. The two parts I'm stuck on are the one's unique to that gearbox design, the self-contained motor and the 'sear' (I guess you could call it that, the metal rod that hooks from the trigger to the gearbox).

But this guide would especially help anyone who has anything other than the V.1.
Go to Top of Page

johndoe
Puzzle Solver



USA
Member Since: 12/15/2004

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  2:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit johndoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome job. Thanks a bunch.
Go to Top of Page

Mrpapadopolis
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/19/2005

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  7:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mrpapadopolis's Homepage  Send Mrpapadopolis an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You did a great job when i get my gun back and i get the courage ill look around in my mech box. Oh and you know what would be a great idea..... A video of you taking and upgrading the mechbox and putting it back together. That would make me really brave to open my box, if you cant thats fine you already made a great guide but its just up in the air if you or anybody else wants to do it.
Go to Top of Page

kiddepue
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 10/11/2003

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  6:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit kiddepue's Homepage  Send kiddepue an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this will sure come in handy when i crack open my new AEG to replace a few things (i'm a complete noob when it comes to dealing with taking the internals part)
Go to Top of Page

Thrash Drummer
Private

Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  7:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thrash Drummer's Homepage  Send Thrash Drummer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to say, that was one amazing review. I don't have an AEG yet...but I have already upgraded my dpms a15, and I know im going to want to mess with AEG (stronger spring). Thought I would read in advance so i know what im doing.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 15.9 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000