| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
chipboy227
Private
![]()
Member Since: |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 12:36:55 AM
|
Hi everbody, this is my first review so,im trying my best. Today,my Dad and I went down to Downtown La.He knows somebody that has a airsoft store.So i went through the collection and I saw the BOYI and i was like,OMFG..... ok so to the review.


It's a m4a1 with a ris its very nice and stirdy,nothing raddles but ill get to that. The sights are adjustible, there are to sights quick fire and a precision .the stock has 4 points.The ris is just like the Neonfire M4's it only comes with two cover plates but the ris doesnt bother me.The range is fairly nice. I and hit a can from 20 ft away..didnt try farther because the sprinkers were on..lol .Now to the best part of the gun,the Trademarks.There are non but look what they put for them."High Grade Type Air Sport Gun" that one was alright but i cracked on this one "The Perfection Have No The Gun That Lack"...lol . Ok now getting to the non raddling part.The RIS is to small to fit the battery so theres an external case(looks like a flashlight) this doesnt bother me as much but it gets kinda annoying and it takes up space on the ris and another down fall is that the bolt to make the stock retracte fell out,but i fould a bolt that would fit..Im thinking that the fps on this is about 140-160. The hop up is fixed so thats alright,becasue the accuracy really good..i shot bb's from 100 ft away and they never curved..and that BB loader they give u is a Marui,I guess becasue that's what is says on it..lol well you liked the review....


 i replaced the bolt
 I took the red cross site from my DE G36.
"Update" Now I will rate the gun out of 10...because i read other peoples reviews ...then i looked at mine...mine sucked ..lol ok..
Looks.....7/10 No Trades,but from really far away the gun looks like a TM..lol  ----------------------------------------------------- Performance.....8/10 No adjustable hopup...I havent tried .2's yet but it curves alot with .12's ----------------------------------------------------- Quality......7/10 the whole gun is made out of ABS,and there is no metal anywhere. ------------------------------------------------------ Durability.....9/10 The reason i gave this a 9 is because i droped the gun like 3 times and nothing broke!.Then i accedently droped the mag hit the barrel 2 times across my desk..then i tested it and it still shot straight. ------------------------------------------------------ CONS! The only thing i dislike about the gun is that the ris is very flimsy i mean it,wobbles alot...but i don't care about it that much becuase i dont use it i place my hand at the mag part when i shoot. ------------------------------------------------------- So overall I give this gun a 7.8/10...i felt like it was more than a 7 but less than an 8.
 What he said shoot me He had 2 shirts on so i didnt think it would do that much damage |
|
|
krome
Private
Member Since: 06/24/2005 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 01:48:07 AM
|
| Is it 1:1 scale,does this place you got it from has a web site?An ofcourse how much $$$$$?FYI your pics didnt post,thanks |
 |
|
|
chipboy227
Private
![]()
Member Since: 07/18/2005 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 03:01:58 AM
|
| I can see the pics...yea its a 1:1 scale...no sorry but they dont have a website...they wholesale it $20 each but has to be a dozen. |
 |
|
|
gunblazer
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 03:35:12 AM
|
| you are using Yahoo picture service correct? is the album shared? |
 |
|
|
uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 10:08:38 AM
|
| Yeah, we need pics. I've never heard of BOYI. |
 |
|
|
zexz
Sergeant


Sweden
Member Since: 01/03/2005 |
|
|
Downtown1
Private

Member Since: 07/27/2005 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 11:09:18 AM
|
| Glad to see this has hit the US! |
 |
|
|
Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private

Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 11:15:16 AM
|
So what the hell is BOYI, you ask?
Well, if it's some sort of subsidiary of another manufacturer, I haven't heard of it up until today. The box doesn't have any identifying logos* that would suggest that it comes from Double Eagle, or CYMA, or whatnot.
Currently the only known weapon produced at this time seems to be the Colt M4a1 RIS. This is pretty new, too. A major Chinese retailer says** that the weapon is 8.4V 300MAh, "almost as strong as the M83!". Some more pictures can be found here.
'BOYI' may in fact be a true, blue knock-off company that just got started and what's to cash in on the popular TM 'Boys' line.
*Unless that black and white spade in the upper-right of the retail box means something to somebody.
**Looks like every retailer says the exact same thing about it. They're either copying each other, or that's what it might say somewhere on the back of the box. |
 |
|
|
Skeletor
Private
USA
Member Since: 07/15/2005 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 6:15:30 PM
|
| does the top carry handle come off? is there anywhere else to put the battery? whats the ROF like? how does the gun compare to the well d94? |
 |
|
|
justsomeguy
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004 |
Posted - 08/07/2005 : 7:05:53 PM
|
| This gun should be much better, considering the D94 is one of the first LPEGs made by CYMA/Well. The carry handle comes off and the battery goes inside the PEQ module. |
 |
|
|
Downtown1
Private

Member Since: 07/27/2005 |
Posted - 08/08/2005 : 09:41:37 AM
|
ChipBoy, can you confirm that its 1:1 scale? ACM forum sez its 1:1. I wanna be sure since I want to transplant the SIR and the shorty barrel on my WELL Springer M4 to this BOYI
Goin for this look, pic from SureFire site:
Oh yeah, Thanks for the mini review and pics.  |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 08/08/2005 : 10:05:37 AM
|
| Yeah, is it 1:1? And you say they wholesale at $20 for 12, how much is it for 1 from a retailer? What did you pay? |
 |
|
|
chipboy227
Private
![]()
Member Since: 07/18/2005 |
Posted - 08/08/2005 : 12:41:55 PM
|
| yea it its 1:1,I dont no any retailers that sell this but i sold one to my friend for $40, I payed 20... Downtown1 that looks great but were are you going to stick the battery? |
 |
|
|
Downtown1
Private

Member Since: 07/27/2005 |
Posted - 08/08/2005 : 5:49:36 PM
|
On the top or side of the SIR inside the mock PEQ box. Thats where most soldiers and operators put it. (I wish these Chinese designers would design a mock box that incorporated the cheap laser pointer they included).
|
 |
|
|
chipboy227
Private
![]()
Member Since: 07/18/2005 |
Posted - 08/08/2005 : 6:34:12 PM
|
| lol did you see what i tried to do of your design my last pic |
 |
|
|
aguyfromthewest
Captain
 
![]()
USA
Member Since: 03/18/2005 |
Posted - 08/25/2005 : 2:52:00 PM
|
| great pics now |
 |
|
|
gregmattersen
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 08/15/2005 |
Posted - 08/26/2005 : 12:31:41 PM
|
| Hey, I just found this at one of my wholesalers, I could get it and sell it for about $40. If people are interested, I'll order a few with my next order. If I carried this sucker, how many people would buy? I'll order in about a week, so let me know |
 |
|
|
doofus333
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 03/25/2005 |
Posted - 08/26/2005 : 12:41:56 PM
|
| i might |
 |
|
|
Downtown1
Private

Member Since: 07/27/2005 |
Posted - 08/26/2005 : 5:41:03 PM
|
AffordableAirsoft has it for $29.00.
Thanks for the update Chip, I might just save up for the Upcoming SRC M4 with RIS instead.
But I'm really tempted to get this BOYI now so I can do FLEA's M4 from Tears of the Sun. He was one of the scout snipers in the movie. |
 |
|
|
glock9
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 08/13/2004 |
Posted - 08/26/2005 : 7:48:31 PM
|
| chipboy can u tell me how tha G36 works for u i been deciding either to get the DE G36 or the DE M16 A4, theyre the same internally but i wanna know how u feel bout ur G36 |
 |
|
|
chipboy227
Private
![]()
Member Since: 07/18/2005 |
Posted - 08/26/2005 : 11:38:30 PM
|
| I like the 36..It's very nice and sturdy..., but mine broke on me...i think it was a bad wire or solder. Yea but after some of the use on that,the stock is wobley. I think they just glued it on beacuse the srews were holding it in place so now its useless and lying under my bed... |
 |
|
|
diskidsean
Private
Member Since: 08/27/2005 |
Posted - 08/28/2005 : 9:19:58 PM
|
| how many rounds does it hold in a clip? thank u |
 |
|
|
chipboy227
Private
![]()
Member Since: 07/18/2005 |
Posted - 08/28/2005 : 9:48:26 PM
|
| about 40 |
 |
|
|
Rocquet
Private

Member Since: 08/19/2005 |
|
|
Downtown1
Private

Member Since: 07/27/2005 |
Posted - 09/04/2005 : 08:25:19 AM
|
Well, the WELL springer rifle SIR is not compatible with the BOYI because of the handle shape.
Roc, I dont think there are 2 vesions of the gun just the two diff Box Art. It seems the version being imported to the STATES is the one without the SEAL TRIDENT on the box. Too Bad, I liked the "SO YOU WANNA BE A FROGMAN?" box version with SEAL TRIDENT logo.
Oh yeah, BOYI means BOY INTERESTED. Damn thats GAY! Heres their contact info: Boyimodel@126.com Boyimodel@yahoo.com.cn Sorry no website listed. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|