Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 General Airsoft Discussion
 Where do you hold your weapon?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

inuinuinuyasha
Sergeant



Member Since: 05/25/2005

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  12:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit inuinuinuyasha's Homepage
Heheh, I remember when I was like 4, I used to think the magazines were a front grip in the movies. But I learned otherwise of course. It certainly isn't healthy to hold your gun by the mag, because doing it often will wear out the catch.
Go to Top of Page

swatsniper1
Captain



United Kingdom
Member Since: 07/17/2004

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  12:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit swatsniper1's Homepage  Click to see swatsniper1's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by justsomeguy


Just do what he's NOT doing.

And Empty, yeah, it's from my review of the P14.



Lol i love seeing that. Look at me I CAN STICK OUT MY ARM..



I hold my rifle with one hand on the grip, then my left hand supporting the butt....... Yeah a VSR 10 on a bi pod lol.

Jester/
Go to Top of Page

UHS_XC_Ramsey
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2003

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  2:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit UHS_XC_Ramsey's Homepage  Send UHS_XC_Ramsey an AOL message
I couldn't hold a gun like the guy pictured above. That whole chicken wing style would wear my scronny arms out too fast. I tend to just not worry how I hold the gun. I relax and just do whatever comes naturally at the time. If I need to re-adjust then I will, but usually I just hold the gun how it's supposed to be held - on the front grip, no vert. grip.
Go to Top of Page

Illicom
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/15/2003

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  3:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Illicom's Homepage  Send Illicom an AOL message  Click to see Illicom's MSN Messenger address  Send Illicom a Yahoo! Message
I have a friend who will get an AEG and fire it from the hip on full auto, while laughing maniacally. It's hilarious, and if it happened in a combat situation, I don't know that I'd be able to return fire...

But in all seriousness, I hold my guns like the other posters, with my right hand on the pistol grip and my left hand on the handguard.
Go to Top of Page

sekiryuu
Captain



Member Since: 07/17/2005

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  4:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit sekiryuu's Homepage  Send sekiryuu an AOL message
quote:
The vert grip feels really wierd to me for some reason. It just isn't normal for me to hold the front end in that position.


the vert grip feels more comfortable for me. . . when i grip a regular foregrip, my wrist gets sore
Go to Top of Page

00gab00ga
Major



USA
Member Since: 05/12/2004

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  11:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit 00gab00ga's Homepage  Send 00gab00ga an AOL message
we've introduced 2 people to home-games. they played lots of CS, so i imagined they'd know what they were doing

unfortunately, BOTH of them put the stock OVER their sholder, not on, but OVER, rocket-launcher-style. they was pretty funny.
Go to Top of Page

no5685
Major



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2004

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  12:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit no5685's Homepage  Send no5685 an AOL message  Click to see no5685's MSN Messenger address
I use the mag well, unless I have a vert grip, that's positioned close to the mag well. It's not as stable, but I do it instictually. It just feels comfortable.
Go to Top of Page

newbiegun
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/05/2005

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  06:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbiegun's Homepage  Send newbiegun an AOL message  Click to see newbiegun's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by colbY

I hold my gun like this: http://myweb.cableone.net/azcop/images/P1010217b.jpg

I've heard of people holding their Armalites by the mag as a "Vertical Grip." would this be okay? I tried this on my spring TM XM177E2, and it was sorta comfortable, but i like holding it on the foregrip as close to me as i can though.



I love the P90 and ya thats how i hould my P90 and for a handgun i hould it where your normaly hould it



NG
Go to Top of Page

Razgriz
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  07:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Razgriz's Homepage  Send Razgriz an AOL message  Click to see Razgriz's MSN Messenger address
I hold mine with my right hand on the grip and my left hand at the base of the handguard.
Go to Top of Page

tedtay17
Major



USA
Member Since: 01/09/2005

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  10:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit tedtay17's Homepage  Send tedtay17 an AOL message
on the hand guard vert grip if i have one on
Go to Top of Page

JoeFinger
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/15/2005

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  7:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeFinger's Homepage  Send JoeFinger an AOL message
I usually hold my weapon by my hips when im not in battle, and when im in battle, i hold it at my shoulder.


Strange though... when my father was in the marines they taught everyone to shoot chicken winged. It was some time ago though so i guess they recently discovered otherwise.

I personally find it more accurate with the downside of exposing more of myself.
chicken-wing doesnt seem to stress out my muscles at all with an airsoft gun, however constant shouldering for semi-long periods of time with a real steel makes my shoulder ache pretty annoyingly.

But i suppose whatever works best for YOU is good.
Go to Top of Page

kilfrg7864
Private

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  8:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kilfrg7864's Homepage
sheesh i just remebered i made the thread but havnt contributed! Anywhos i hold my gun by the mag well. It just feels teh most comfortable. Even though my gun has a vert grip on it, when ever i hold onto it it just doesnt feel all that comfortable. Maybe i have to bring it really close to the mag well.
Go to Top of Page

AirShark
Captain



USA
Member Since: 10/29/2004

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  10:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit AirShark's Homepage  Send AirShark an AOL message
I used to hold my right hand on the pistol grip and my left near the front of the handguard, but I've since found it a lot more comfortable to put my left hand closer to the magazine well. For some reason I can support my gun longer when I do this, which is a definite plus in battle.
Go to Top of Page

dragunovsniper74
Sergeant

Member Since: 03/23/2005

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  11:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit dragunovsniper74's Homepage
Usually, I like to rest my rifle on objects before firing. I'll hold the pistol grip and the stock with my 2 hands to keep it balanced on my shoulder. Other times, I just hold the handguard and pistol grip.

MP5K and pistols I like to shoot one handed.
Go to Top of Page

brainycheddar
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 02/04/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  3:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit brainycheddar's Homepage
I hold the pistol grip in my right hand and a pistol in my left hand, and Icross overand rest the handguard on my left wrist, this allowes me to add more firepower to a single target, and it makes it better for going around blind corners, and I can shoot two targets at once. For a more natural hold while having the guns point different ways, I rest the handguard against the inside of my elbow, and that it fairly comforable. then again, there are timew when it's 1o vs. me, and I go dual aegs.
Go to Top of Page

JLee
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2002

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  3:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit JLee's Homepage  Send JLee an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by brainycheddar

I hold the pistol grip in my right hand and a pistol in my left hand, and Icross overand rest the handguard on my left wrist, this allowes me to add more firepower to a single target, and it makes it better for going around blind corners, and I can shoot two targets at once. For a more natural hold while having the guns point different ways, I rest the handguard against the inside of my elbow, and that it fairly comforable. then again, there are timew when it's 1o vs. me, and I go dual aegs.



I'll stick to my solid two-handed grip - c'mon over.
Go to Top of Page

JV
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/11/2004

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  6:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit JV's Homepage
I hold my guns with the barrel facing away from me,

I hold them like you should hold the gun I don't hold them by the mag cause you could pull out the mag I usually hold my MP5K with one hand I don't really use the foregrip I guess its more for show.

Go to Top of Page

Cjasper
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/04/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  8:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cjasper's Homepage
I hold my guns by gripping the handle and the trigger with my right hand and holding the gun stable by holding the clip or the front grip with my left. Thats about it.
Go to Top of Page

CommyKiller24
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/07/2006

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  6:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit CommyKiller24's Homepage
Shotty in sling tight enough so it wont fall off when im running anf i hold my pistol in my right hand.i hold all rifle with the horizontal handguard
Go to Top of Page

AY K - 47
Private



USA
Member Since: 11/10/2005

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  6:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit AY K - 47's Homepage
I hold my gun where ever it feels comfortable at the moment. It also depends what stance i am in or if i am sniping or just spraying bullets. For more precise shots i hold the handgaurd and relax...hold my breath...and squeeze the trigger. For surpression sprays i useualy put my hand on the mag.
Go to Top of Page

Atilla
Moderator



USA
Member Since: 02/19/2003

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  6:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atilla's Homepage  Send Atilla an AOL message  Send Atilla an ICQ Message  Click to see Atilla's MSN Messenger address
why did you dig up a thread that has not had a new post for almost a year?

this is called necroposting, the post you made did not contribute anything and there was no reason to revive the thread, continue to do it and you run the risk of administrative action against your account.

this is your last warning, commiykiller.

locked.

-atilla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000