Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 Ni-Cd vs Ni-mH
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joshbm
Sergeant

Member Since:

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  9:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit joshbm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just got the DE Sig 552. It came with a 7.2V AA 700 mAh Ni-Cd battery. Could I possibly put in a 7.2V AAA 700 mAh Ni-Mh or a 7.2V AA 700 mAh Ni-Mh? And if I got it, could I use the same charger? Or what about a 7.2V AAA 750 mAh Ni-Mh? What would work and what wouldn't?

Something like this?:

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1981

After that question is out of the way... would you guys recommend upgrading the battery? Or not? It increases ROF, but are there any other advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks!
Josh

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  10:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nicad are bottom line.

nimh have a better and higher discharge and will give you a nice flat line in proformance till its gones. you can use it just make shure the cells are good i would just get a nimh copy of the stock pack what you cvan get upto about 7.2volts 2300mha
Go to Top of Page

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/14/2004

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  10:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joshbm

It increases ROF, but are there any other advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks!
Josh



NOt.........exactly.......entirely.....true. You will only get a higher ROF if you upgrade your voltage of you battery pack. The mah (Milli amp per hour) determines how long you battery will discharge.

Are you thinking of changing battery SIZES?!? LOL, so you want to shift from AA size batteries to AAA size? Big to small? Well, if you would possibly find a charger good enough to support multiple sizes of cells, such as ones that go from AAA to sub C cells or maybe LiPo? I'm not sure if a charger even exists like that.

If you could get all your battery packs rigged with a Large Tamiya style connector and get it to FIT, then all your packs would work if properly charged. NiCd has the "memory" effect, which if you don't discharge your battery after each use you will start to lose your capacity. While NimH has less or none of the "memory" so you can charge your pack even if there is a charge still in it.

You main disadvantage is finding a good charger to charge those AAA packs you want with a tamiya connector...
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  10:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
alot will determan rof. main one is voltage the 2nd would be the cells discharge. like the burst on it how much engery it can provide the motor with for say 15 sec b4 it gets low.


nimh would be the way to go if not going lipo they got a better discharge and higher mha for longer times between charges.
Go to Top of Page

joshbm
Sergeant

Member Since: 08/18/2005

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  10:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit joshbm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay... So it would be a good idea to get the same stock part, except Ni-mH instead of Ni-Cd? The only one I found with the same volts and mha is the one above, except instead of AA they are AAA. Would that make a difference in performance or anything for that matter?

What battery would you get, remember the stock is 7.2V 700mah Ni-Cd. I thought it would be best to upgrade to Ni-Mh.
Go to Top of Page

joshbm
Sergeant

Member Since: 08/18/2005

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  11:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit joshbm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which connector do I need?

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=10135

I decided it would be cheaper just to go ahead and discharge my battery. I need to know the connector of my LPEG it's a G36C and a DE Sig 552.

I was thinking it was:

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=10787

It appears quite small.

Regards,
Josh
Go to Top of Page

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/14/2004

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  11:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is your battery connector looks like? http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/webimages/images/10757.jpg I've never seen THAT kind of connector used for an AEG before...unless someone modded their connectors to a deans?

Um, just to make sure, are the battery connectors for your LPEGS look like this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGG99&P=7 or like the one i linked first?

That discharger is decent, but you MUST WATCH the discharge so you dont' OVERDISCHARGE your pack. Once it gets dim, stop discharging. Going to far will reverse your polarity on your packs. BTW, it's cheaper if you just bought 2 car lights, solder them together with the right connector...or unless you're mechanically challenged

Go to Top of Page

joshbm
Sergeant

Member Since: 08/18/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  10:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit joshbm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol... Yes it would be way cheaper. But I went to Radio Shack and the had none of the parts I needed (amazingly). So I will probably end up going to Home Depot.

Also I found out neither of those were my connectors.

This is:


But I am unsure. Could I buy this part at Home Depot or anywhere locally? Or is this my best bet?

Regards,
Josh
Go to Top of Page

colbY
Major



USA
Member Since: 03/14/2004

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  02:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit colbY's Homepage  Send colbY an AOL message  Click to see colbY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OH wow, so THOSE are your connectors? Are those the normal ones that come with your LPEG or did you put new stuff on it? What happened to hte Tamiya style connectors is what i'm talking about.

I'm pretty darnacious that homedepot will probably have those, *What home stuff does homedepot NOT have is the question* and you can have an employee help you out there too.

Sorry, i'm not electrician so maybe someone else on this board can help you out? My best bet would to just go to my local hobby store, show them your stock pack, and see if they can make a better pack.
Go to Top of Page

joshbm
Sergeant

Member Since: 08/18/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  3:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit joshbm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My DE M4 (M83A2) has Tamiya style connectors. But my CYMA G36C, DE SIG 552, and CYMA MP5J all have that type of connector.

Regards and thanks for your help,
Josh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000