Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 gearbox swithching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mattae
Private

Member Since:

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  9:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit mattae's Homepage  Send mattae an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to swith gearboxes with different guns? Or is it possible to use the body of a spring gun and take the internals of an lpeg and turn the spring gun into an lpeg? I want to know because I was thinking of buying either a aug or mp5sd gear box and putting it in something else. Either to make an existing lpeg better or to have a new model because I would like to have a bigger choice of a good lpeg other then an mp5sd and an aug.

aguyfromthewest
Captain



USA
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  11:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit aguyfromthewest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You'd need to heavily morph the insides of your springer to fit a gearbox and batteries and such. I don't think it's worth it.
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  12:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can be done but its gonna be a pain in the butt.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  10:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mattae

Is it possible to swith gearboxes with different guns? Or is it possible to use the body of a spring gun and take the internals of an lpeg and turn the spring gun into an lpeg? I want to know because I was thinking of buying either a aug or mp5sd gear box and putting it in something else. Either to make an existing lpeg better or to have a new model because I would like to have a bigger choice of a good lpeg other then an mp5sd and an aug.



Most Lpegs have Boys gearboxes but the problem in compatibility are battery connectors and storage areas.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  12:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mattae

Is it possible to swith gearboxes with different guns? Or is it possible to use the body of a spring gun and take the internals of an lpeg and turn the spring gun into an lpeg? I want to know because I was thinking of buying either a aug or mp5sd gear box and putting it in something else. Either to make an existing lpeg better or to have a new model because I would like to have a bigger choice of a good lpeg other then an mp5sd and an aug.



Doable if you have the patience and multiple guns in case you FUBAR it. I'd like to turn one of these Lpegs into a shell for a GBB modification to get the high FPS but unfortunately in semi only. You also need a lot of patience and not too many projects at the same time or you will start losing what parts belong to which project.

Mod,

Sorry for the double post, I think
Go to Top of Page

Drake_M4A1
Private



USA
Member Since: 07/01/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  10:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Drake_M4A1's Homepage  Send Drake_M4A1 an AOL message  Click to see Drake_M4A1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
One of my frineds took a double eagle and put it in a cybergun a-15. Works just like the double eagle but i dont see the point.
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  10:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah i personaly would rather have a DE gearbox in a well when oposed to a well gearbox. the DE's are way better and seem to be stronger and shot a little harder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000