| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
sgtwiltan
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 10:43:59 AM
|
Most of you have probably noticed that most people here that have destroyed their gearboxes have done it while on full auto. Ding...Lightbulb.!! Full Auto will destroy your gearbox even with an AEG. Same with using High voltage Batteries. Full auto puts way more stress on the gearbox and any little slip gets compunded as the mechanism cycle more and more. Too bad a 3 round burst mechanism hasn't been developed. To ensure the life of your Lpegs shoot on full for no more than 2-3 seconds at a time. I know it's fun to just spray but balance that with hwo often you wanna spray. It might be fun to be able to spray like mad for a week if you only want your gun to last a week. Wouldn't it be better to control your fire discipline so that the gun lasts 6 months-year instead of weeks. Think about it. Full auto also puts stress on you motor from over heating (burns it out), stress on the piston/chamber (frictional heat buildup), stress on the gears (slippage, heat softening the plastic) and the cylinder/piston contact (shattered plastic) when the material is already weakened from what I stated above. Over voltage in itself isn't too bad but your motor will act like a resistor and HEAT up and burn itself out with a larger voltage battery on continous full auto.
Just a quick reminder to help you get the most enjoyment out of your hard earned guns.
|
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 10:59:34 AM
|
| Yes, some sites have warnings for this such as Airsoft Atlanta. I can't believe anyone who would do it. Hold down full auto and count, 1 onethousand, 2 onethousand, 3 onethousand. I have never held it down for even two seconds. Bursts are the way to go. |
 |
|
|
FuBaRSliz
Sergeant


Member Since: 07/21/2004 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 11:24:59 AM
|
| Yeah I do bursts but theres a lot of misinformation like in my DE m4 manual its says firing on auto for more then 5 minutes may cause damage to the gearbox. I think they mean 5 seconds because the gun would prolly fry at 5 mins. But constantly tapping bursts prolly causes just as much damage. |
 |
|
|
Heatsink
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/26/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 2:50:35 PM
|
i always had this idea of using heat pipes like in laptops to pull the heat out and dump it to a metal barrel covering to simulate the barrel getting warm like in real steel when you fire it but I couldnt figure where to get one thats very thin enough to fit between the gearbox and the receiver shell.
hope somebody finds a way to make a mechanical way to do a burst option. I hear the burst chip is very bad. |
 |
|
|
beckmen
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 07/10/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 4:15:25 PM
|
| In my experiance, the stripping happens when you finish a burst. So doing short bursts is more stress on the gears. |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 4:22:23 PM
|
Put it this way, would you rather hit your head for five minutes with a rock, or five seconds. Personally, niether, but it's the same with the gearbox. Firing it once a day a few shots on semi will still put stress on the gearbox, but firing it once a week two or three times of five minute bursts on full auto will cause more damage. In order less stress to most stress: -semi -3-5 round burst -3-5 second burst -continuous full auto |
 |
|
|
beckmen
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 07/10/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 10:27:35 PM
|
But with my Well P-90 and DE M4, when I finish a burst I often hear this stripping sound. I am assuming it's the piston being forced back into the "ready" posistion and the gears strip a little. While on full auto everything can cycle fine and there's no stripping noise.
Of course I've never heard any stripping on semi auto. |
 |
|
|
Masterkey
Private
![]()
USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 11:25:43 PM
|
| i thought that burst firing as in a spot on the selector switch for burst fire was real bad juju, is'nt that why TM discontinued the SIG 551 SWAT? |
 |
|
|
Heatsink
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/26/2005 |
Posted - 09/03/2005 : 06:42:41 AM
|
| I stripped the gb sd5 ver1 on semi. my guess is lack of the anti-reversal latch caused the gear to slip and wear down the teeth. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|