| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
gruzniak
Sergeant

Member Since: |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 4:38:56 PM
|
Update: If i get the TM, i have to wait until atleast Christmas, i can get the AUG now if i want!
Ok, i have looking around at TM AEGS (Famas F1 speciffically) which has a stock FPS of around 270. The guns one of the cheapest TMs but still runs about $290 shipped for EVERYTHING you need...
ie: gun battery charger discharger hi cap 5000 excel .20s probably some other basic crap i forgot
I was thinking, well i have $290, but do i REALLY need to spend it? I mean the BE AUG is $50 shipped or less, for 250 fps with a .12 and about 60-70 foot accurate range (i have heard), so pretty much the dilemma is...
price Famas..........................BE AUG price: $290..........................$50
velocity: 270 fps (.20)...........250 fps (.12)
ROF/S: 18 (i think)..............no idea, i'd guess 11-12
hopup: great.....................no idea, probably half way decent
reliability: good.....................hasnt been out long enough
I may still get a TM, but if the AUG is solid enough, there is no reason NOT to buy it.
I have read all reviews, but still don't know how accurate the BE AUG is with .12s.
Tell me which i should get (money is a BIG factor, as i am a kid with no job who would be using B-Day money), thanks! |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 4:46:02 PM
|
| I think for reliability, I would go with the TM. The FAMAS is supposed to be a great gun. The BE AUG has a little less power and a little les reliability. Also, If you change your mind and upgrade in the future, it will be a lot easier and you will have more options with the TM. If it was me and I had $290, I would definately get the TM. |
 |
|
|
00gab00ga
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 05/12/2004 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 5:05:52 PM
|
money is ONE of many "BIG factors". will it be under heavy use? will you use it in skirmishes? who else will you play with? how many? what guns do they have? how intimidated will they feel when you pull out your rifle and all they have are the CYMA pistols that only shoot 10-ft straight, then start to dip? how long do you want your gun to last? will you go to any fields that rent AEGs?
if most of these questions come out with a "yes", then i'd suggest the TM. any TM. with .12's, i think it should shoot 310. 60 FPS makes quite a bit of difference. otherwise, probably the AUG would suffice. but beware, with the BE AUG, you'll be at a pretty big disadvantage should someone bring a TM or ICS or CA or such. |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 5:11:12 PM
|
| Yeah. If you skirmish against LPEG's, go with the AUG. If you play with AEG's go with the TM. |
 |
|
|
gruzniak
Sergeant

Member Since: 05/20/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 5:12:45 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by 00gab00ga
money is ONE of many "BIG factors". will it be under heavy use? will you use it in skirmishes? who else will you play with? how many? what guns do they have? how intimidated will they feel when you pull out your rifle and all they have are the CYMA pistols that only shoot 10-ft straight, then start to dip? how long do you want your gun to last? will you go to any fields that rent AEGs?
if most of these questions come out with a "yes", then i'd suggest the TM. any TM. with .12's, i think it should shoot 310. 60 FPS makes quite a bit of difference. otherwise, probably the AUG would suffice. but beware, with the BE AUG, you'll be at a pretty big disadvantage should someone bring a TM or ICS or CA or such.
pretty heavy use. yes, skirmishes, but i used a well m4 springer in my first one, and i'm sure a BE aug would be WAY better. 50+ people games, they use, TMs, ICS, GBBs, few have CYMAs, one has a CA870, they pretty much run the board. i want my gun to last atleast until next summer. no fields rent out AEGS around here.
now that you guys know that, what do youthink.
|
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 5:22:56 PM
|
| They use TMs, ICSs, GBBs, and CA870s, so I'd get the TM. |
 |
|
|
gruzniak
Sergeant

Member Since: 05/20/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 5:30:09 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by FOOL
They use TMs, ICSs, GBBs, and CA870s, so I'd get the TM.
maybe, but look at this graph...
I had fun with a springer well m4 just popping up from behind stuff, shooting, going back down.
BE AUG, i could actually hang with the TMs to some extent, and it would be WAY more fun than the springer
with the TM, i could obviously be all set, and have a helluva time, but is it really worth the extra $250? |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 6:37:19 PM
|
| Well now, it all depends on what you want to spend I guess. The TM is about 1/3 better than the AUG. It's basically up to you to decide now. I know for me, if I were able to spend $290 on airsoft, it would be a no-brainer. I'd get the TM. |
 |
|
|
taikuodo
Sergeant

Member Since: 08/10/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 6:53:41 PM
|
The aug is only $34 dollars...
EVEN CHEAPER! |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 7:03:09 PM
|
| Yeah,you could buy the AUG now, earn that $34 back ina couple months and buy the TM then! Wow! I'm a genious! LOL. |
 |
|
|
gruzniak
Sergeant

Member Since: 05/20/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 7:33:47 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by taikuodo
The aug is only $34 dollars...
EVEN CHEAPER!
What website? |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
|
|
darthbudge
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 8:07:24 PM
|
Dude why don't you look in to the UTG mp5 a4/a5 at www.shortyusa.com become a registerd member and get it for 110 shipped and it comes with a battery, charger,2 stocks,2 hi caps and a star 30 round mag. The specs are, It shoots 250 with a .20.It is accurate to 120 feet and shoots 800 rpm. That is what I am going to do. |
 |
|
|
gruzniak
Sergeant

Member Since: 05/20/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 8:18:09 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by darthbudge
Dude why don't you look in to the UTG mp5 a4/a5 at www.shortyusa.com become a registerd member and get it for 110 shipped and it comes with a battery, charger,2 stocks,2 hi caps and a star 30 round mag. The specs are, It shoots 250 with a .20.It is accurate to 120 feet and shoots 800 rpm. That is what I am going to do.
Wow for that price, that gun looks NICE, i will seriously look into this! |
 |
|
|
darthbudge
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 8:22:11 PM
|
| I am glad that I could help. |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 8:23:05 PM
|
| BUT, the TM is better quality still. But, for your issue, that's perfect for you. I guess you found the answer. Thanks darthbudge, I forgot about the UTG. |
 |
|
|
darthbudge
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 08/23/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 8:30:38 PM
|
| Yeah I am glad I could help a newbie(I am one too fyi). |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 8:36:36 PM
|
We were all one once. I remember... Back in the day... Actually a year ago... LOL...
|
 |
|
|
justsomeguy
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:13:23 PM
|
The AUG has 185 with 0.12s, not 250.
Go for the UTG MP5, since it has good performance and cost effectiveness. |
 |
|
|
doofus333
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 03/25/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:23:11 PM
|
| get the utg AND the AUG. buy everything! |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:27:22 PM
|
| He only has $290 but doesn't really want to spend it all. He only want's to get one gun. I am waiting to see if the price of the UTG drops to at least $60 before I buy. |
 |
|
|
justsomeguy
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:28:14 PM
|
| 100 bucks is already a great price considering it's the performance of TM. |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:30:37 PM
|
| That's true, but I don't want to spen $100 then in a few weeks it drops to $50. That's the kind of stuff that makes me mad.... |
 |
|
|
justsomeguy
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:33:58 PM
|
| Especially for those who bought the BE AUG at 100 when the next day the price cut in half..... |
 |
|
|
FOOL
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:37:36 PM
|
| Exactly. I purchased my WELL M4 springer for around $40! Now, you can find them for $10. Oh yeah, off topic but, did you get a shipping quote on those free M4's yet JSG? |
 |
|
|
justsomeguy
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004 |
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 9:40:01 PM
|
| Sadly, no. =( |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|