Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 BE XM8 Review w/ Upgrade Guide (56k Killa)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

rock3t
Private



Member Since: 01/19/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit rock3t's Homepage  Reply with Quote
general, if u have a highlighter, try my method...on the forums somewhere. never misfeeds and csot like 25c if u dont have a highlighter
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its something wrong with my HiCap I believe, I just fired a full clip with my normal clip and it had no missfeeds or crap shots...
Anyone know what I should do to fix my HiCap feeding problem? (I.E. Shave more off)
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You ever try the O ring thing?
Go to Top of Page

Mig1
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/20/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  4:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mig1's Homepage  Click to see Mig1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The bucking that came with it is a POS. I had a spare stock Marui that I swapped in and now it works better.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  5:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On an other note: how does one remove the barrel from the plastic outer barrel?
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  7:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you haven't shaved out the flashider so the barrel can pass through it, you have to take the 4 screws out and carefully pry the back end of the outer barrel apart until the inner barrel comes out. It'll sort of shoot out the back, don't lose the spring. Once you shave out the flashider so the barrel can pass through, you'll be able to take the barrel out without taking it apart like that. Once you get it out, you'll see how the hopup unit connects to the outer barrel. If that doesn't make any sense, I'll try and take pictures.
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  8:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I havent tried the Oring thing yet cuz I dont have them, and I dont know what size to get...
I dont know wtf is up with it, but im gettin mad...
Go to Top of Page

shinjinmc
Private

Member Since: 02/04/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit shinjinmc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anything you need to know about the XM8 you can get from the TM G36 parts diagram

http://uncompany.com/information/instruction/AEGs/diagramg36c-01.jpg
http://uncompany.com/information/instruction/AEGs/diagramg36c-02.jpg

Go to Top of Page

rock3t
Private



Member Since: 01/19/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit rock3t's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you think somthing if wrong with ur highcap.. just try and run a few loads through the clip, like load it up, spin it, than pull back on the bb-release... i know it's a biatch to do it with ur finger, but i'd recomend it. i had to run my clip thorugh a bunch because i used some of my friend's bbs.. which little did i know he recycled and they had parts of leaves, grime, and dirt all over them.. worst mistake ever

also when the bb's reach the top of the nozzle thing, you have to roll the wheel about 5-6 time after for it to work properly... at least thats how mine works
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  04:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shinjinmc

anything you need to know about the XM8 you can get from the TM G36 parts diagram

http://uncompany.com/information/instruction/AEGs/diagramg36c-01.jpg
http://uncompany.com/information/instruction/AEGs/diagramg36c-02.jpg




THX!! thats what I absolutely needed:-)
Go to Top of Page

rock3t
Private



Member Since: 01/19/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  08:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit rock3t's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wait the hop up spacer is supposed to go like
___
___|<--the hole

|-|
|_| spacer

like that?
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rock3t

if you think somthing if wrong with ur highcap.. just try and run a few loads through the clip, like load it up, spin it, than pull back on the bb-release... i know it's a biatch to do it with ur finger, but i'd recomend it. i had to run my clip thorugh a bunch because i used some of my friend's bbs.. which little did i know he recycled and they had parts of leaves, grime, and dirt all over them.. worst mistake ever

also when the bb's reach the top of the nozzle thing, you have to roll the wheel about 5-6 time after for it to work properly... at least thats how mine works



Its not my HiCap itself, but I think I either shaved too much from the feeding tube, or not enough...
My HiCap is functioning properly but just not feeding into the gun correctly.
Anyone know if i've shaved too much/too little?
Go to Top of Page

rock3t
Private



Member Since: 01/19/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit rock3t's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can u get some pics up? www.tinypic.com
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rock3t

can u get some pics up? www.tinypic.com



I'll try and get some tomorrow after my physical therapy session (I hurt my knee, and doc says no airsoft for 2 weeks! but what does he know....haha
Go to Top of Page

shinjinmc
Private

Member Since: 02/04/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  11:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit shinjinmc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i cant believe none of you have broken the buttstock tabs
anyway
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf17543eb.jpg
is a really easy thing to do with metal putty
makes it damn near indestructable

nothing too special, but since i havent seen anyone post a grey/black XM8 i decided to show mine
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf26993tr.jpg
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  07:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me likey :O
Go to Top of Page

Edrich
Private

USA
Member Since: 12/07/2005

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  11:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Edrich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shinjinmc

i cant believe none of you have broken the buttstock tabs
anyway
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf17543eb.jpg
is a really easy thing to do with metal putty
makes it damn near indestructable

nothing too special, but since i havent seen anyone post a grey/black XM8 i decided to show mine
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf26993tr.jpg




Mine actually came with the tabs broken. Rather than send the gun back, I just decided to fix it up myself.

I epoxied a piece of Lexan onto the inside of the upper receiver to keep it from breaking off again.
http://www.rpi.edu/~hattok/Airsoft/XM8%20Repair/DSCN1346.JPG

For the lower receiver, I epoxied the piece that was still with the gun back on, then used a thin piece of plastic to fill in the part that was missing.
http://www.rpi.edu/~hattok/Airsoft/XM8%20Repair/DSCN1341.JPG

The lower receiver repair didn't hold when I put the gun back together, so I think I'm gonna epoxy another piece of lexan onto the upper receiver as a brace to keep the parts from pulling back off of the lower receiver. If anyone has a better idea, that would be most welcome, I'm gonna fix it up in the next couple days when I have the time.
Go to Top of Page

rock3t
Private



Member Since: 01/19/2006

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  2:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit rock3t's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just an off-topicish questions, but what lead weights would you remove if any at all?

quote:
Originally posted by GeneralX
I'll try and get some tomorrow after my physical therapy session (I hurt my knee, and doc says no airsoft for 2 weeks! but what does he know....haha



THAT SUX!!
Go to Top of Page

shinjinmc
Private

Member Since: 02/04/2006

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  3:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit shinjinmc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ed -
look for PC brand metal epoxy
you mix it and it hardens to a metal-like substance hours after application
just use that to strengthen the tabs

i thought i would just attach a piece of aluminum to it
http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/2969/dscf17558lf.jpg
but that just strengthens the vertical stresses
still very weak laterally, which the epoxy fixes
loads of lateral stress when you put in and remove the stock pins
Go to Top of Page

Edrich
Private

USA
Member Since: 12/07/2005

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  3:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Edrich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will I be able to coat the side of the tab with the metal epoxy and still slide the stock on? I guess I was relying on the fact that the stock is there to negate the stress from putting the pin in, which does work, but I forgot that when the gun's hanging from a sling it throws all kinds of wierd stresses on the stuff.
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  4:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im on the computer up here at the physical therapy place right now :O

I'll get pics ASAP when I get home.

EDIT:
I dont think these pictures are going to help at all, but its the best I could do....

Image hosting by TinyPic

Image hosting by TinyPic

If you can help me out, PLEASE feel free to do so.
Go to Top of Page

shinjinmc
Private

Member Since: 02/04/2006

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  9:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit shinjinmc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ed - just apply the putty to the INNER part of the tabs
just stick the stock pin in and see what areas are fillable
if ya want a test run you can just use that elmer-tack stuff and do a trial-fill

gen -
im assuming ya shaved off too much?
strip the gun, stick the mag in and see if it feeds
you can also view the feeding tube better like that
that highlighter trick posted earlier is a good way of lengthening the feeding tube if you indeed did shave off too much

oh
and
look ma! no logos!

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf27083bt.jpg
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  10:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I guess i'll try the hilighter thing tomorrow...
Wish me luck...I think I'll need it.
Go to Top of Page

wonder0725
Private



USA
Member Since: 08/28/2005

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  6:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit wonder0725's Homepage  Reply with Quote
would i be able to put on these parts without modification or purchase of any other parts?
http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=Parts_TM_G36C_Body&Category_Code=CONVERSIONKITS
Go to Top of Page

GeneralX
Probation 1/06



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GeneralX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was not able to do the highlighter thing today, but maybe I can in the near future.
I did however proceed to reverse the wiring and apply large plugs without buying anything!
I used a large female(I think) off my charger from another gun (I have a smart charger so no need for it) and took the large male from an old 4.8v battery...
Its working just as planned!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000