| Author |
Topic  |
|
rock3t
Private
![]()
Member Since: 01/19/2006 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 10:38:24 AM
|
| general, if u have a highlighter, try my method...on the forums somewhere. never misfeeds and csot like 25c if u dont have a highlighter |
 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 11:21:54 AM
|
Its something wrong with my HiCap I believe, I just fired a full clip with my normal clip and it had no missfeeds or crap shots... Anyone know what I should do to fix my HiCap feeding problem? (I.E. Shave more off) |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 1:28:02 PM
|
| You ever try the O ring thing? |
 |
|
|
Mig1
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 05/20/2003 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 4:42:17 PM
|
| The bucking that came with it is a POS. I had a spare stock Marui that I swapped in and now it works better. |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 5:59:08 PM
|
| On an other note: how does one remove the barrel from the plastic outer barrel? |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 7:04:58 PM
|
| If you haven't shaved out the flashider so the barrel can pass through it, you have to take the 4 screws out and carefully pry the back end of the outer barrel apart until the inner barrel comes out. It'll sort of shoot out the back, don't lose the spring. Once you shave out the flashider so the barrel can pass through, you'll be able to take the barrel out without taking it apart like that. Once you get it out, you'll see how the hopup unit connects to the outer barrel. If that doesn't make any sense, I'll try and take pictures. |
 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 8:04:34 PM
|
I havent tried the Oring thing yet cuz I dont have them, and I dont know what size to get... I dont know wtf is up with it, but im gettin mad... |
 |
|
|
shinjinmc
Private
Member Since: 02/04/2006 |
|
|
rock3t
Private
![]()
Member Since: 01/19/2006 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 10:32:43 PM
|
if you think somthing if wrong with ur highcap.. just try and run a few loads through the clip, like load it up, spin it, than pull back on the bb-release... i know it's a biatch to do it with ur finger, but i'd recomend it. i had to run my clip thorugh a bunch because i used some of my friend's bbs.. which little did i know he recycled and they had parts of leaves, grime, and dirt all over them.. worst mistake ever
also when the bb's reach the top of the nozzle thing, you have to roll the wheel about 5-6 time after for it to work properly... at least thats how mine works |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
|
|
rock3t
Private
![]()
Member Since: 01/19/2006 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 08:15:18 AM
|
wait the hop up spacer is supposed to go like ___ ___|<--the hole
|-| |_| spacer
like that?
|
 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 1:23:30 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by rock3t
if you think somthing if wrong with ur highcap.. just try and run a few loads through the clip, like load it up, spin it, than pull back on the bb-release... i know it's a biatch to do it with ur finger, but i'd recomend it. i had to run my clip thorugh a bunch because i used some of my friend's bbs.. which little did i know he recycled and they had parts of leaves, grime, and dirt all over them.. worst mistake ever
also when the bb's reach the top of the nozzle thing, you have to roll the wheel about 5-6 time after for it to work properly... at least thats how mine works
Its not my HiCap itself, but I think I either shaved too much from the feeding tube, or not enough... My HiCap is functioning properly but just not feeding into the gun correctly. Anyone know if i've shaved too much/too little? |
 |
|
|
rock3t
Private
![]()
Member Since: 01/19/2006 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 9:31:19 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by rock3t
can u get some pics up? www.tinypic.com
I'll try and get some tomorrow after my physical therapy session (I hurt my knee, and doc says no airsoft for 2 weeks!    but what does he know....haha |
 |
|
|
shinjinmc
Private
Member Since: 02/04/2006 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 07:16:24 AM
|
| Me likey :O |
 |
|
|
Edrich
Private
USA
Member Since: 12/07/2005 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 11:21:21 AM
|
quote: Originally posted by shinjinmc
i cant believe none of you have broken the buttstock tabs anyway http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf17543eb.jpg is a really easy thing to do with metal putty makes it damn near indestructable
nothing too special, but since i havent seen anyone post a grey/black XM8 i decided to show mine http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf26993tr.jpg
Mine actually came with the tabs broken. Rather than send the gun back, I just decided to fix it up myself.
I epoxied a piece of Lexan onto the inside of the upper receiver to keep it from breaking off again. http://www.rpi.edu/~hattok/Airsoft/XM8%20Repair/DSCN1346.JPG
For the lower receiver, I epoxied the piece that was still with the gun back on, then used a thin piece of plastic to fill in the part that was missing. http://www.rpi.edu/~hattok/Airsoft/XM8%20Repair/DSCN1341.JPG
The lower receiver repair didn't hold when I put the gun back together, so I think I'm gonna epoxy another piece of lexan onto the upper receiver as a brace to keep the parts from pulling back off of the lower receiver. If anyone has a better idea, that would be most welcome, I'm gonna fix it up in the next couple days when I have the time. |
 |
|
|
rock3t
Private
![]()
Member Since: 01/19/2006 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 2:19:16 PM
|
just an off-topicish questions, but what lead weights would you remove if any at all?
quote: Originally posted by GeneralX I'll try and get some tomorrow after my physical therapy session (I hurt my knee, and doc says no airsoft for 2 weeks!    but what does he know....haha
THAT SUX!! |
 |
|
|
shinjinmc
Private
Member Since: 02/04/2006 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 3:17:53 PM
|
ed - look for PC brand metal epoxy you mix it and it hardens to a metal-like substance hours after application just use that to strengthen the tabs
i thought i would just attach a piece of aluminum to it http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/2969/dscf17558lf.jpg but that just strengthens the vertical stresses still very weak laterally, which the epoxy fixes loads of lateral stress when you put in and remove the stock pins
|
 |
|
|
Edrich
Private
USA
Member Since: 12/07/2005 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 3:50:53 PM
|
| Will I be able to coat the side of the tab with the metal epoxy and still slide the stock on? I guess I was relying on the fact that the stock is there to negate the stress from putting the pin in, which does work, but I forgot that when the gun's hanging from a sling it throws all kinds of wierd stresses on the stuff. |
 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 4:10:41 PM
|
Im on the computer up here at the physical therapy place right now :O
I'll get pics ASAP when I get home.
EDIT: I dont think these pictures are going to help at all, but its the best I could do....


If you can help me out, PLEASE feel free to do so. |
 |
|
|
shinjinmc
Private
Member Since: 02/04/2006 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 9:26:46 PM
|
ed - just apply the putty to the INNER part of the tabs just stick the stock pin in and see what areas are fillable if ya want a test run you can just use that elmer-tack stuff and do a trial-fill
gen - im assuming ya shaved off too much? strip the gun, stick the mag in and see if it feeds you can also view the feeding tube better like that that highlighter trick posted earlier is a good way of lengthening the feeding tube if you indeed did shave off too much
oh and look ma! no logos!
 http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf27083bt.jpg |
 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 10:28:32 PM
|
Well I guess i'll try the hilighter thing tomorrow... Wish me luck...I think I'll need it. |
 |
|
|
wonder0725
Private
![]()
USA
Member Since: 08/28/2005 |
|
|
GeneralX
Probation 1/06

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/03/2006 |
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 7:21:19 PM
|
I was not able to do the highlighter thing today, but maybe I can in the near future. I did however proceed to reverse the wiring and apply large plugs without buying anything! I used a large female(I think) off my charger from another gun (I have a smart charger so no need for it) and took the large male from an old 4.8v battery... Its working just as planned! |
 |
|
Topic  |
|