| Author |
Topic  |
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 01/28/2006 : 3:40:48 PM
|
| The link doesn't work. It's asking for a username and password or something. |
 |
|
|
DarkNinja75
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/28/2006 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 02:26:40 AM
|
| No one bothered to mention how hard it was to pry the thing apart, sheesh...didn't help that it was glued inside as well though. |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 02:32:18 AM
|
Oh yes we did:_) both Mig 1 and me:-) I think the site works now:-) |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 1:11:32 PM
|
Looks nice Quloqulo.
I'm gonna get busy sanding mine down. |
 |
|
|
Mig1
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 05/20/2003 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 1:19:43 PM
|
| Nice gray. I like it. |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 4:56:39 PM
|
I think the lacquer helps:-) How long does the stock battery last for you guys? I took it fully charged to the woods today and it barely got through 6 magazines. Admittedly the charge was 1 week old and it was approx freezing point temp. |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 7:53:43 PM
|
| Cold drains batteries really bad. I took mine out today and unloaded probably 500 rounds and it hasn't shown any signs of showing. It wasn't even on a full charge, I had charged the battery, then unloaded about 3 mags on semi auto to sight in the scope. The stock batteries should last for at least 1000 rounds, because I've unloaded at least that many before charging it, but I've never ran it dry, either. |
 |
|
|
Burke
Private
![]()
Member Since: 11/15/2005 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 11:05:31 PM
|
| Great paint job from what I can tell, I love the gray. The duplicolor works great on plastic, even better than the Krylon fusion from what Ive heard. The SD5, is that autg mod or another LPEG? |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 11:51:34 PM
|
thats a Golden Bow /JingDong Mp5SD5 Lpeg with a plastic ver2 gearbox. Glad you guys like it, I found that theres one great secret to acceptable paintjobs: patience ( meaning multiple thin coatings, lots of time allowed for drying,etc) |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 01/30/2006 : 09:18:05 AM
|
| I've got the first coat of epoxy on mine almost sanded down enough. It looks like I'm going to have to go over my scope with some more epoxy, there are some deep gouge like holes that need to be filled yet. I borrowed a digital camera from a friend, so I'll have some good pictures to show everyone later tonight :) |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 01/30/2006 : 3:45:57 PM
|
| Good work Ices:-) remember, the more thorough you are now, the more pleasure you'll have when its finished. lets see the pics:-) |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 01/30/2006 : 9:29:48 PM
|
I'm not done sanding down this first coat yet, but I'm pretty damn close. After this, I'll have a touchup coat of epoxy to get rid of those gouges, and then I plan on sanding and painting the whole gun. It'll give me something to do while I'm waiting for my barrel to come in :) Anyways, here's the pics.






|
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 01:15:02 AM
|
| We-ell yes you do in fact need to do some more sanding. Make sure you mask the adjustment knobs and battery housing/switch when you paint. Actually, I'd be worried I'm getting epoxy dust into the system if I was sanding that much epoxy with the covers of the adj knobs removed. You should at least tape then over. |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 06:11:33 AM
|
| Yes, I had the knobs on them when I was sanding, I just left them off after I was done sighting them in for whatever reason :p |
 |
|
|
DarkNinja75
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/28/2006 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 01:53:37 AM
|
I managed to switch my scope out as well. I bought that scope Mig said he was gonna use next time (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/bec30reddotw.html). I pretty much massacred the original case, but hey, all I had to work with was a mini-meat saw, an exacto knife, and some files. Regardless of how it looks, at least I hit what I aim for now.
(sorry about the low-quality pics; camera phone)



 |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 04:42:04 AM
|
| Nice, definitely nice. What scope is this? |
 |
|
|
DarkNinja75
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/28/2006 |
|
|
Mig1
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 05/20/2003 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 06:36:37 AM
|
| Good job man. Just fill in the gaps with some green stuff from any hobby shop or toy store that sells model kits and sand and paint it. |
 |
|
|
ranger89
Probation 3/05


Member Since: 12/01/2004 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 11:01:32 AM
|
| I like all the mods. really nifty. And ballsy since its new lol. I like that BEC red dot. I just ordered a BE AUG lastnight. Im gonna purchase that red dot and put that up on their along with a few other mods. Front grip, RIS rails,paintjob, etc |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 8:00:22 PM
|
| You did a helluva lot better on your mod than I did, hahahaha. Good work. |
 |
|
|
gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005 |
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 12:37:28 AM
|
quote: Originally posted by Ices
You did a helluva lot better on your mod than I did, hahahaha. Good work.
Hey Ices, you ever finish sanding yours? |
 |
|
|
Ices
Private
Member Since: 01/20/2006 |
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 06:16:25 AM
|
| No, not yet. I've been busy lately, but I'm hoping to get to it this week. I've been doing a little at a time. I might go ahead and put some more epoxy on it tonight, and have it ready to paint by this weekend. We'll see what happens. |
 |
|
Topic  |
|