Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 BE XM8 Red Dot Sight (pics)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  3:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The link doesn't work. It's asking for a username and password or something.
Go to Top of Page

DarkNinja75
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/28/2006

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  02:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit DarkNinja75's Homepage  Send DarkNinja75 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No one bothered to mention how hard it was to pry the thing apart, sheesh...didn't help that it was glued inside as well though.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  02:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yes we did:_) both Mig 1 and me:-)
I think the site works now:-)
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  1:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks nice Quloqulo.

I'm gonna get busy sanding mine down.
Go to Top of Page

Mig1
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/20/2003

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  1:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mig1's Homepage  Click to see Mig1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice gray. I like it.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  4:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the lacquer helps:-)
How long does the stock battery last for you guys? I took it fully charged to the woods today and it barely got through 6 magazines. Admittedly the charge was 1 week old and it was approx freezing point temp.
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  7:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cold drains batteries really bad. I took mine out today and unloaded probably 500 rounds and it hasn't shown any signs of showing. It wasn't even on a full charge, I had charged the battery, then unloaded about 3 mags on semi auto to sight in the scope. The stock batteries should last for at least 1000 rounds, because I've unloaded at least that many before charging it, but I've never ran it dry, either.
Go to Top of Page

Burke
Private



Member Since: 11/15/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  11:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Burke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great paint job from what I can tell, I love the gray. The duplicolor works great on plastic, even better than the Krylon fusion from what Ive heard. The SD5, is that autg mod or another LPEG?
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  11:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats a Golden Bow /JingDong Mp5SD5 Lpeg with a plastic ver2 gearbox.
Glad you guys like it, I found that theres one great secret to acceptable paintjobs: patience ( meaning multiple thin coatings, lots of time allowed for drying,etc)
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  09:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got the first coat of epoxy on mine almost sanded down enough. It looks like I'm going to have to go over my scope with some more epoxy, there are some deep gouge like holes that need to be filled yet. I borrowed a digital camera from a friend, so I'll have some good pictures to show everyone later tonight :)
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  3:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good work Ices:-) remember, the more thorough you are now, the more pleasure you'll have when its finished. lets see the pics:-)
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  9:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not done sanding down this first coat yet, but I'm pretty damn close. After this, I'll have a touchup coat of epoxy to get rid of those gouges, and then I plan on sanding and painting the whole gun. It'll give me something to do while I'm waiting for my barrel to come in :) Anyways, here's the pics.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  01:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We-ell yes you do in fact need to do some more sanding. Make sure you mask the adjustment knobs and battery housing/switch when you paint. Actually, I'd be worried I'm getting epoxy dust into the system if I was sanding that much epoxy with the covers of the adj knobs removed. You should at least tape then over.
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  06:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had the knobs on them when I was sanding, I just left them off after I was done sighting them in for whatever reason :p
Go to Top of Page

DarkNinja75
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/28/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  01:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit DarkNinja75's Homepage  Send DarkNinja75 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I managed to switch my scope out as well. I bought that scope Mig said he was gonna use next time (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/bec30reddotw.html). I pretty much massacred the original case, but hey, all I had to work with was a mini-meat saw, an exacto knife, and some files. Regardless of how it looks, at least I hit what I aim for now.

(sorry about the low-quality pics; camera phone)







Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  04:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice, definitely nice. What scope is this?
Go to Top of Page

DarkNinja75
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/28/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  12:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit DarkNinja75's Homepage  Send DarkNinja75 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's a BEC 30mm Red Dot w/Rings according to the description. Got it from here: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/bec30reddotw.html
Go to Top of Page

Mig1
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/20/2003

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  06:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mig1's Homepage  Click to see Mig1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good job man. Just fill in the gaps with some green stuff from any hobby shop or toy store that sells model kits and sand and paint it.
Go to Top of Page

ranger89
Probation 3/05



Member Since: 12/01/2004

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  11:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit ranger89's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like all the mods. really nifty. And ballsy since its new lol. I like that BEC red dot. I just ordered a BE AUG lastnight. Im gonna purchase that red dot and put that up on their along with a few other mods. Front grip, RIS rails,paintjob, etc
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  8:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You did a helluva lot better on your mod than I did, hahahaha. Good work.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  12:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ices

You did a helluva lot better on your mod than I did, hahahaha. Good work.


Hey Ices, you ever finish sanding yours?
Go to Top of Page

Ices
Private

Member Since: 01/20/2006

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  06:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ices's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, not yet. I've been busy lately, but I'm hoping to get to it this week. I've been doing a little at a time. I might go ahead and put some more epoxy on it tonight, and have it ready to paint by this weekend. We'll see what happens.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000