Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Gas Discussion
 KWC Co2 Mini Uzi Inner Barrel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aki
Private



Member Since:

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  08:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there,has anybody out there change their mini's inner barrel to 6.03mm ? I know they don't make inner barrel for KWC Mini Uzi but we can always modified one right ? What is the length of the mini's inner barrel ? I was hoping to change the inner barrel to a longer one & add a silencer. I've done some research & found out that the average FPS for mini is around 450 - 475 FPS.Has anyone modified it to above 500 FPS ? What is the limit of this mini ? What kind of piston can i change for better gas comsumption ?

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  5:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, this is something I've always thought of doing. My Mini Uzi has the Redwolf Upgraded piston, so it already shoots near 500. I have a feeling it would be an absolute BEAST (as if it weren't already) with a foot long 6.03 barrel in a silencer. I guess all you'd have to do is get a tightbore AEG barrel and have it milled to fit in the Uzi. Let me know how it turns out!
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  10:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi iceman718,thats what i wanted to do... just need the measurements of the inner barrel ....
do you know what kind of piston did redwolf install for you ?
Go to Top of Page

TheManWithThePlasticMag
Staff Writer



USA
Member Since: 11/12/2003

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  10:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheManWithThePlasticMag's Homepage  Send TheManWithThePlasticMag an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It should be a Marui HiCapa piston. There was a thread on Arnie's about it.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  11:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I've tried searching the Arnie's website... but could not find it ....can you show me show me the axact website ?
So any piston that suit Hi Capa will be fine right ?
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  10:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
In the reviews from redwolf about its new Laylax chrono,is it good ? By far which is the best & most accurate chrono anyone has ever tested ?
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  7:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
for chrono's, all you'll really need is a simple basic one, unless you're looking to get down to 10ths of a fps. anything accurate to +/- 3 fps is good enough. about the piston, i dont know who makes it. it just says redwolf custom. and about the barrel, i've never taken it out, and i dont really want to until i do something with it. from eyeballing it, it looks to be around 6 inches long.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  01:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi iceman718,thanks for the information.I will try to get a MP5K's 6.03mm inner barrel to fit the mini & add a silencer to cover it up ... about the piston,i will use the upgrade piston for hi capa & see whether it fit or not.
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  4:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh no no no dont do that. The mp5k barrel is REALLY short, much more than the uzi. I'd say go for an M4 length inner barrel.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  1:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
iceman718, m4's inner barrel is like 363mm long.Its really long compare to the original length of mini(hi hi hi but the ideal is really tempting).How about mp5's 299mm inner barrel ?
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  10:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i had a 300mm barrel in my mac-11. that would fit the uzi better. go for that. let me know how it turns out... mainly where you found a sliencer/adapter.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  08:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, i will try the 300mm inner barrel.As for the silencer/adapter,i don't think they make any for mini right ?
I will ask for my friend to make one for me.Mann.. the recoil is damn strong .... after playing the mini,other GBB using propane or red gas seems very weak (thats my personal opinion).....If i keep the unfinish Co2 inside the magazine for days,will it damage the rubber inside the magazine ?
Go to Top of Page

scott goodson
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 11/13/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  1:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott goodson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, when you're done shooting, just release or shoot out the rest of the co2.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  09:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advise... i've chrono the mini using my friends chrono devise.It measure around 470 to 485 FPS(100% original spec).The first few shot will be the most powerful(485FPS) but gradualy will be dropping to around 470FPS.Gas consumption is around 35 to 40 shot using single shot mode,but it only manage to shoot 28 shot in auto mode.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  05:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
What kind of silencer can i fit into my mini ? I need a silencer around 350mm to cover up the inner barrel(6.03 363mm) i've installed to my mini .Please specify the brand and where i can buy them ... THANKS
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  3:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so you got a longer barrel in it?! cool! today I finally decided to do it too. I took a M4 length inner barrel I had from a desert eagle (dont ask). I took the uzi all apart, but couldn't figure out how to get the barrel out to put in the new one. Do you have to remove one of the pins? Could you tell me how you did it? And since there are no silencer adapters for the gun, I'm going to take one I had from my MAC-11 and drill out the threads. It will stay on the outer barrel basically by a tight fit. I'm not going to risk messing up a nice new metal silencer. For 10 bucks, you can afford to mess this one up. And the plastic silencer I have (with custom sanding and paintjob) will look just fine on the uzi.

Update: Got the old barrel out and the new one in and got it working. Man is this thing a beast. Easily blows through the top center of a soda can. I have yet to test the range/accuracy, as this was just in my room. I'll post some pics with the silencer once I get it fit.

I only have one problem that I hadn't thought of. The Uzi doesn't fit in the case anymore! Not sure what to do on that one...

Anyway, thanks for inspiring me to finally do this mod. Sure is worth it, especially with the better piston.
Go to Top of Page

EvilTinky
Private

Member Since: 12/29/2005

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  11:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit EvilTinky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have any of you guys actually verified the new piston was a TM or better version? Last week, I got my new KWC UZI from Redwolf with the additional upgrade piston but also asked for original piston (for spare part) but was too late. So I guess if it's modded with the longer barrel it can't be called a 'mini' UZI anymore
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  11:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont know what kind of piston it was. You could email them to find out. Anyway... now its just a.. 'silenced' mini uzi. That unfortunately doesnt fit in any case I own.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  07:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
A Silenced Mini Uzi that shoot over 550 FPS... HI HI HI ....
As for the case,why don't u buy those james bond type case... Its very cheap in US ...
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  5:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'll have to get a new one. The old one was just nice because of the Uzi trades and places to hold CO2.
Go to Top of Page

aki
Private



Member Since: 12/28/2004

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  05:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit aki's Homepage  Send aki an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,i've tried heating the Co2 with a lighter for a few second until its hot,the results is very good.It will penetrate the top and go through the side easily.I think it has increased around 10 to 20 FPS with this method.
Go to Top of Page

iceman718
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 05/03/2004

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  8:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceman718's Homepage  Send iceman718 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sounds good. I'll have to try that. Not like it needs to be even more powerful.. lol. Anyway, hows the accuracy with your new barrel. Today I shot it for the first time outside. My .25 bbs flew straight for a while, but then curved erratically. I guess thats why snipers shooting this fast use heavier bbs. I'm sure it will be very accurate once I get some .3 or .36's. Have you found a silencer yet?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000