Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Gas Discussion
 WE Full Metal Baby High CAPA 3.8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canopy_Five
Private



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  8:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Canopy_Five's Homepage  Send Canopy_Five a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1356

i just saw this on Airsoft GI and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with them yet. If so i'd love to know what you think. i like the look of it and have enjoyed the other WE hi CAPA's. I'm hoping this one's the same awesome quality, but wanted someone's opinion before i sent away for one.

Thanks for your time,
Canopy Five

Syphen
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  11:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Syphen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im curious too if anyone has tried these 3.8's and what their thoughts were on them.
Go to Top of Page

Phelptwan
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  12:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phelptwan's Homepage  Send Phelptwan an AOL message  Click to see Phelptwan's MSN Messenger address  Send Phelptwan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The few people I know who have them love them. They say they are much better than the 5.1's. I'll be getting mine in a week or so and then i'll write a review of it.
Go to Top of Page

AKAKillaz
Private

Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  2:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit AKAKillaz's Homepage  Send AKAKillaz an AOL message  Send AKAKillaz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure the baby capa has some improvements as WE gets more experienced, i'm just worried that the shorter barrel (meaning lower fps) will make for a significantly shorter range and less accuracy. I'm not that experienced with airsoft so i'm not sure, I may be overestimating the effect of the lower fps. All I can say is I have a 5.1 Model K which im very pleased with. I was considering selling my model k and possibly picking up two baby capas instead, any advice?
Go to Top of Page

fadenrvnqsr
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  7:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit fadenrvnqsr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the baby capa is just as strong as the 5.1 accurate and same range, the smaller frame and size allows for better gas usage to get more shots off in on gas charge. i like the swift and quick recoil of the baby compared to the 5.1
Go to Top of Page

chewondave
Captain



Member Since: 01/11/2005

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  8:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit chewondave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd definitely pick one of these up BUT, US retailers have this annoying habit of jacking up prices on anything new. I'll wait: on all HK websites, the price on the baby hicapa is a full 10 dollars-20 dollars less: on US retailers, they are 20 more... Kinda ridiculous to pay that extra money now.
Go to Top of Page

Syphen
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  12:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Syphen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I ordered a WE Baby 3.8 type A and it should be here within a week, once I get it, I will post a lil blurb/review and take some pics etc. I hear that with the c02 mag, they are shooting upwards of 350+ fps.
Go to Top of Page

phrogg
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 05/22/2004

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  1:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit phrogg's Homepage  Send phrogg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chewondave

I'd definitely pick one of these up BUT, US retailers have this annoying habit of jacking up prices on anything new. I'll wait: on all HK websites, the price on the baby hicapa is a full 10 dollars-20 dollars less: on US retailers, they are 20 more... Kinda ridiculous to pay that extra money now.



Are you talking about before shipping or after shipping? Shipping from HK for the tiniest guns is minimum $40... that would explain the price difference if it's before shipping... US retailers have to pay that on all their guns (they get bulk shipping, though, which is cheaper).

quote:
Originally posted by Syphen

Well, I ordered a WE Baby 3.8 type A and it should be here within a week, once I get it, I will post a lil blurb/review and take some pics etc. I hear that with the c02 mag, they are shooting upwards of 350+ fps.



I would LOVE to see that review. Get all the pictures you can, and get some of you holding it.
Go to Top of Page

chewondave
Captain



Member Since: 01/11/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  2:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit chewondave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nah, phrogg, I'm refering to how the Hi-Capa 3.8 is cheaper compared to the 5.1 variants on HK websites (as they SHOULD be).

On US websites, the 3.8 is actually MORE expensive than the 5.1 variants, simply because the 3.8 is a new release (people seem to be willing to put down more cash). I'm probably going to order mine overseas, i'd rather give my money to air-parcel than to these folks.
Go to Top of Page

Phelptwan
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  3:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phelptwan's Homepage  Send Phelptwan an AOL message  Click to see Phelptwan's MSN Messenger address  Send Phelptwan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I wrote up a review over at airsoftcore. Go check it out if you like.
Go to Top of Page

Syphen
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  8:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Syphen's Homepage  Reply with Quote








Some pics of my new WE hi-capa 3.8 type A. Feels nice in the hand, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (my propane adapter is at my friends place) but shes a hefty gun for the size, weighs more then my KSC glock sure did.. Took it apart, very simular, if not identical in design to the TM hi-capa, same idea with the hammer spring and leaf spring.

I'm waiting in anticipation for tonight when I get back my propane adapter and see how she runs, see how she kicks (compared to all my other gbb's i've owned)

Enjoy the pics, if anyone wants hi-res copies, just post. 5mp! woohoo.
Go to Top of Page

Phelptwan
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  9:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phelptwan's Homepage  Send Phelptwan an AOL message  Click to see Phelptwan's MSN Messenger address  Send Phelptwan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Man i wish i had a 5mp camera. Nice pictures. Hold your breath when firing with propane...3.8 seems to stink worse than my 5.1. I figure more gas is used on the blowback so more is lingering.
Go to Top of Page

Syphen
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  08:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Syphen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, I finally got the gun out to shoot, first impressions, not bad at all! The power is decent considering I was shooting outdoors at -7c on propane. Accuracy is good and the hopup is enough to send the shots accurate enough to hit a man size person maybe 100feet away, but not much further.. I will try to test this again and give some better results. I got around 15-20 shots off before running out of gas, and this was like I said.. 7 below zero degrees celcious.

The kickback is nice, better then my KJW m9 and elite 1a, but not quite as good as my KSC Glock 19 with metal slide, barrel and guarder recoil kit. I would say its a heavy kick back, but a bit sluggish.. not sluggish as to prevent some rapid fire or double taps, just notably slower then my glock is. Atleast its faster, and harder then my KJW's.

Build quality is very nice, except for a couple small things. On the pre-order I was in, some of the guns had grip safteys that didn't work, I don't know if this is due to a bad leaf spring or what, because mine works and I haven't opened one that doesn't work. The only thing about MINE that I don't like is that the right side saftey (if you are looking down the gun) is loose and sloppy. It connects to the safety on the left side through what I would describe as a triangular allen key thing and as a result of not-so-amazing moulding.. its not an amazing fit and it will be sloppy. I have confirmed this with a couple other 3.8 owners that were in on the same order as me, all of them have a simular problem.

I also found the mags to have a sloppy fit in the magwell, simular to say.. my KJW m9.. I prefer a solid fitting mag, maybe because i know and assured that I am getting a good gas seal, but so far so good. The gun fires nice, kicks nice and works good despite me shooting outdoors in this Canadian winter. Tonight I hope to try it out indoors, around 20 degree C, should give me some better results.

Overall conclusion: For the 150$ canadian that I paid for this gun, its a damn fine little gun. Solid metal, its very heavy and hefty feels very durable and shoots just great. The hop up is nice and level on .2g and I was hitting a tree in my lot consistintly around 70 feet away. I am impressed with this little WE gun and would highly recommend it to someone looking for a cheap, full metal 1911 custom.
Go to Top of Page

Syphen
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  7:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Syphen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Short Video (1 minute of your life :P ) of the baby hi-capa.

Uhm, I said its -4 out coz it really is, I was in the coat room of my house.. before you say.. why is there a tree indoors at -4.. well.. its a rare breed of plastic tree that never needs water or sun light. I love it! hahah.

To download it:

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q8L4DNGTI9OM13QXQMYAZDTMN

This is a result of my boredom I think, and the inability to go shoot people with it.

Only two mags were fired for the entire video, the first mag was shown from the side, no cool down at all, well, a little but hardly enough to notice (I didn't refill when I pulled the magout, I was just checking the temp and then threw it back in the gun to keep firing). The 2nd mag had a little cool down right at the end, after 20 something shots, but it was still kicking enough to lock back the slide after the very last shot was fired, and it made it through a whole mag. The room temperature in the coat room was getting damn cold after having the door hanging open for that long, and I can guarentee you that my old KJW elite 1a, under the same circumstances would have blown out all of its gas, or just run out.

I forgot to mention, not once did the gun fire a blank. You cant see it, but every single shot fired out past the tree line, unless i hit something first! haha
Go to Top of Page

AKAKillaz
Private

Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  7:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit AKAKillaz's Homepage  Send AKAKillaz an AOL message  Send AKAKillaz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice video, can anyone out there compare the baby to the bigger 5.1? I've posted before i have the bigger one model K, and thoroughly pleased with it, so reply from any experience with both is appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Phelptwan
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  8:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phelptwan's Homepage  Send Phelptwan an AOL message  Click to see Phelptwan's MSN Messenger address  Send Phelptwan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.airsoftcore.com/postt36982.html
I compared both of mine.
Go to Top of Page

AKAKillaz
Private

Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  10:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit AKAKillaz's Homepage  Send AKAKillaz an AOL message  Send AKAKillaz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice. So would you say the baby capa is worth selling your 5.1 for it?
Go to Top of Page

azn_riceboy
Sergeant



Member Since: 05/22/2004

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  11:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit azn_riceboy's Homepage  Send azn_riceboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nice vid, there goes 1 minutes of my life watching airsoft vids agian (and 10 minutes downloading it lol)
Go to Top of Page

chewondave
Captain



Member Since: 01/11/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  11:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit chewondave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got out of a nasty bout with the parentals. To relieve stress i did an impulse purchase of the 3.8... Let's see how it goes!
Go to Top of Page

no5685
Major



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  12:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit no5685's Homepage  Send no5685 an AOL message  Click to see no5685's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
God I love these cheap full metal pistols. I can't stand a plastic handgun. Wish I could find a metal frame for my Desert Eagle (KWC). I don't even like my Glock's feel.

I have the AE PPK. And after shooting a friend's HFC M9, I'm buying one of those next. This will probably follow that though.

But the "BABY HI-CAPA" on the slide is pretty damn ugly.
Go to Top of Page

Darryl Zero
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 10/01/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  04:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darryl Zero's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've seen this little pistol in all the shops here in Hong Kong. One thing I can't stand is that the rear sight appears to be cast as part of the slide. It's ramped as if it were an adjustable target type, but is otherwise just yoru standard fixed notch type. I wish they had gone for a different rear sight design or at least made it dovetail type so you could install your own... Novak sights would look pretty nice on this gun.

Sure is cheap here though. Oh yeah, and the new KJ full metal P226? I've seen it for as little as HK $620. I'm sure I can find it for $600 even if I look hard enough.
Go to Top of Page

Phelptwan
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  06:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phelptwan's Homepage  Send Phelptwan an AOL message  Click to see Phelptwan's MSN Messenger address  Send Phelptwan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes i would have sold my 5.1 for this if I had to (well...i wouldn't have known though...hmm...). I might still sell my 5.1 and get another one...although the co2 mags kinda look like crap, and now that I've got some upgrades going on my 5.1 it's about the same as the 3.8.
Go to Top of Page

AKAKillaz
Private

Member Since: 08/15/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  5:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit AKAKillaz's Homepage  Send AKAKillaz an AOL message  Send AKAKillaz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, yea the more i think about it, The more I think i could just stick with my 5.1... possibly get another 5.1 for dual...(but I would sorta like two fresh guns, equally used) just the feel of it anyway... or if baby capas get cheap I could sell the 5.1 and get dual babies... I also want to check out that kj metal p226, but one of those would financially put me just out of range of duals...
Go to Top of Page

azn_riceboy
Sergeant



Member Since: 05/22/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  6:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit azn_riceboy's Homepage  Send azn_riceboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha baby duals. intriguing. so basically the 3.8 is better than the 5.1 in every aspect except in lenght?
Go to Top of Page

Phelptwan
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  9:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phelptwan's Homepage  Send Phelptwan an AOL message  Click to see Phelptwan's MSN Messenger address  Send Phelptwan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty much yeah. Well except i've noticed that my baby hi-capa experiences the magazine cool down faster than my 5.1.
Go to Top of Page

Syphen
Private

Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  08:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Syphen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I finally got the lil Baby Hi-capa out to a CQB indoors skirmish, used it mostly the entire night. My Mp5 saw about 1 round and the rest was with the hi-capa and she performed very well. Chrono'd at 260 with .25g with hopup on. Comments from other players: Damn thats a loud little gun haha and that it was very solid.

My impressions of this gun keep going up up and up. I want to get rid of the yellow WE stickers though, maybe get some SVI stickers instead, maybe the plastic bubble stickers if possible (know the ones i mean?)

Anyways, some more pics for everyone to stare at. Basically the kit I used from last night at the game (not showing the src m4, or mags and **** hehe)



Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000