| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
straight shoot mcgee
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 01/23/2006 : 5:52:08 PM
|

Basically the way it works is that the plunger is locked back and the grenade thrown, when it hits the ground the notch comes loose slamming the co2 into a hallow pin, hallowed and ground from a bolt. From there the co2 will be forced into a chamber that feeds the tubes that go to the spouts (8 in all). I made the top spouts longer since the co2 has less area to expand into. I am hoping that this will have a 10 to 20 foot spread on each side. Let me know what you think and feel free to try this out since a lot of my projects ( airsoft and non airsoft) go nowhere because I do not get to work on them before a new idea gets into my head. |
|
|
ElectricBlu
Banned

Member Since: 10/17/2005 |
Posted - 01/23/2006 : 8:14:27 PM
|
| problem wouldnt the heavy end go down thus not landing on the right side. it would land on the head instead of the trigger. just a thought. |
 |
|
|
ellisano_clan
Private

Member Since: 01/10/2006 |
Posted - 01/23/2006 : 8:30:27 PM
|
| If you made it heavy enough it wouldn't make a difference, but it might hurt a bit to get hit by a lead pipe. |
 |
|
|
straight shoot mcgee
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 12/30/2003 |
Posted - 01/23/2006 : 10:59:26 PM
|
| It is all going to be made out of pvc pipe and covered with pipe insolation so that if I brain someone with it they will not be hurt. also the top will be a PVC cap, and they are rounded that way it will allways have a good angle to shoot with. |
 |
|
|
Ziznach
Sergeant


Member Since: 11/09/2005 |
Posted - 01/27/2006 : 7:25:41 PM
|
wow, you put quite a bit of thought into this one. The only problem i see is that there would have to be a hole on the spike about as big as the CO2 head and the canister. I tried to make a mortar out of a propane tank, and figured out the valve was too small to let out alot of air at a time. just to give you the head's up.
Also, when it is thrown, wouldn't the bb's just come out of the holes? or is there something to the extent of saran wrap covering the holes, so they burst through it when enough pressure builds up?
just wondering |
 |
|
|
straight shoot mcgee
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 12/30/2003 |
Posted - 01/29/2006 : 02:58:14 AM
|
| Yes I plan on saran wrap of wax paper or something like those to keep the bbs in. As for the hallow pin I am basing this on an adaptor that aloud a co2 cartridge to screw in to a place you normal put a full size paint ball tank. The part that punctured the cartridge was hallow and gave enough flow to power a spyder victor turned all the way up so I am guessing it will work for me. I should have a working prototype by Monday or Tuesday. |
 |
|
|
Ziznach
Sergeant


Member Since: 11/09/2005 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 9:25:33 PM
|
| cool, when you get it working, show it to me, sounds like you know what ur doing |
 |
|
|
Gunslinger
Sergeant


Member Since: 12/08/2005 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 4:36:49 PM
|
| good idea but i can just see some1 crawlin around with this on their vest, rock hits plunger(or they lay on it weird), and BLAM grenade goes off in their vest |
 |
|
|
backslash
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/04/2005 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 6:09:12 PM
|
| You could have a pin locking it in place. |
 |
|
|
straight shoot mcgee
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 12/30/2003 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 12:38:36 AM
|
| Good news I did the first test today, and found that i will be able to simplefy it without losing any power,so soon I will see if I can get this safe since at this piont it is to heavy evan with foam around it. |
 |
|
|
Spiggy
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 03/12/2003 |
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 12:44:47 AM
|
| ouch! the amount of force in one blast would be something you really want to consider. From the looks of your design, even the rapid cooling Co2 can damage the make of your grenade. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|