Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Sniper's Perch
 Is this a good sniper rifle? UHC Tactical 9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  09:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tightbore is a start, normal VSR-10 hop-up would be the next thing to do... The only problem is that VSR-10 hop-up can only be found overseas, and that sucks.... Check overseas retailers if you are interested.
Go to Top of Page

Sergeant Bilko
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  10:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sergeant Bilko's Homepage  Click to see Sergeant Bilko's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, overseas shipping would be pricey, and with the upgrades everyone is saying to get... I'm thinking now that the VSR-10 may be better to get. I can buy the scope seperately with birthday money. Would I also need to buy a scope mount for the VSR-10? Also, where could iget a bipod for the gun?
Go to Top of Page

scalpel ninja
Private



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  1:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit scalpel ninja's Homepage  Send scalpel ninja an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My two cents: I'd say get the VSR-10. I have an HFC USR-11 (or VSR-11) and after removing the weights, I clocked it on a light chrono at an average of 325 fps. Not bad, but the overall build seems really cheap; for example the "screws" that are used to hold a bipod or sling is molded into the stock, not actual parts that screw into the frame/stock of the gun. Also, it's built in Hong Kong (I think, if not Taiwan), and that means a likelihood of defects, like the one I got. It was missing a spacer for the cylinder and there wasn't a part that pushes down on the hop-up rubber, probably a cause of the horrible hop-up consistency. After taking it apart and tinkering, I could get it to shoot right on 0.2g Infinty bbs, but the range was still limited to about 100 ft before it started to veer and hook a little bit. I tried 0.3g Straight bbs, but it didn't have enough power or hop-up to push it past 75 ft. After all that, I got fed up, and now I'm ordering a VSR-10 G-Spec with custom work from Replisoft. In this case, you really get what you pay for.

If you get the Pro Sniper version of the VSR-10, www.dentrinity.com has scope mounts for it as does www.airsoft-armory.com. The regular plastic one is about $14, and the real metal one is $39 (if I remember correctly). If you get the G-Spec, it already has a scope mount, silencer, and sling rings, so it pretty much justifies the extra $50 over the Pro Sniper and Real Shock versions. The above two sites also has bipods, but I think you might be able to get one elsewhere so you won't have to pay the expensive shipping costs. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scalpel ninja

My two cents: I'd say get the VSR-10. I have an HFC USR-11 (or VSR-11) and after removing the weights, I clocked it on a light chrono at an average of 325 fps. Not bad, but the overall build seems really cheap; for example the "screws" that are used to hold a bipod or sling is molded into the stock, not actual parts that screw into the frame/stock of the gun. Also, it's built in Hong Kong (I think, if not Taiwan), and that means a likelihood of defects, like the one I got. It was missing a spacer for the cylinder and there wasn't a part that pushes down on the hop-up rubber, probably a cause of the horrible hop-up consistency. After taking it apart and tinkering, I could get it to shoot right on 0.2g Infinty bbs, but the range was still limited to about 100 ft before it started to veer and hook a little bit. I tried 0.3g Straight bbs, but it didn't have enough power or hop-up to push it past 75 ft. After all that, I got fed up, and now I'm ordering a VSR-10 G-Spec with custom work from Replisoft. In this case, you really get what you pay for.

If you get the Pro Sniper version of the VSR-10, www.dentrinity.com has scope mounts for it as does www.airsoft-armory.com. The regular plastic one is about $14, and the real metal one is $39 (if I remember correctly). If you get the G-Spec, it already has a scope mount, silencer, and sling rings, so it pretty much justifies the extra $50 over the Pro Sniper and Real Shock versions. The above two sites also has bipods, but I think you might be able to get one elsewhere so you won't have to pay the expensive shipping costs. Hope this helps.



HFC is based in Taiwan, and generally speaking, Taiwan Manufacturers have marginally better QC than China. Obviosly, Japan is simply in a different ball game in quality.

Whether or you you get the VSR-10, upgrades will be found predominantly overseas, with them scantly scattered across U.S. shops. I believe poweredgeusa.com should be another option if you for buying the gun and upgrades.
Go to Top of Page

Sergeant Bilko
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sergeant Bilko's Homepage  Click to see Sergeant Bilko's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh, thanks scalpel, those are excellent prices! I'd rather pay $155 for a VSR-10 than $190 for it.
Go to Top of Page

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You will be paying 190 after shipping.....
Go to Top of Page

Sergeant Bilko
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sergeant Bilko's Homepage  Click to see Sergeant Bilko's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, i just noticed...more like $210. Oh well, I'll keep looking for a cheaper price.
Go to Top of Page

scalpel ninja
Private



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  7:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit scalpel ninja's Homepage  Send scalpel ninja an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thequestionmark
HFC is based in Taiwan, and generally speaking, Taiwan Manufacturers have marginally better QC than China. Obviosly, Japan is simply in a different ball game in quality.

Whether or you you get the VSR-10, upgrades will be found predominantly overseas, with them scantly scattered across U.S. shops. I believe poweredgeusa.com should be another option if you for buying the gun and upgrades.



Good call, I was too lazy to look up where HFC was from "Ho Feng Company" kinda sounded Cantonese. Japanese manufacturing is way better than any China/Taiwan-based workmanship (I dunno what's up with my countrymen). As for the price of the rifle Bilko, it'll be over $200 with shipping. Sucks to get it overseas, but I think I've seen the G-Spec for $230 with the trackable shipping from Airsoft Armory. You could go for the cheapest surface shipping, but then expect to get it in time for retirement.
Go to Top of Page

Sergeant Bilko
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  7:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sergeant Bilko's Homepage  Click to see Sergeant Bilko's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-HA-231-VSR10.htm
Uh, PLEASE tell me this is the same VSR-10 I was looking for. It isn't pro sniper, but is there a big difference?

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-UTG-M324S.htm
Oh, is this gun good, or will I still be better off with the VSR-10?
Go to Top of Page

scalpel ninja
Private



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit scalpel ninja's Homepage  Send scalpel ninja an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sergeant Bilko

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-HA-231-VSR10.htm
Uh, PLEASE tell me this is the same VSR-10 I was looking for. It isn't pro sniper, but is there a big difference?

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-UTG-M324S.htm
Oh, is this gun good, or will I still be better off with the VSR-10?



No, it's not. Notice the "HFC" before the VSR-10 means lower-quality clone. It should say HFC USR-11 or HFC VSR-11 to differentiate between the real and clone ones. What you're looking for is the TM or Tokyo Marui VSR-10.

I don't know much about the UTG, but I still think the safest investment with the most options for upgrades would be the VSR-10.
Go to Top of Page

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Go for it
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKYO-MARUI-VSR-10-G-SPEC-WITH-SUPPRESSOR_W0QQitemZ7216005577QQcategoryZ62122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Go to Top of Page

Sergeant Bilko
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  2:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sergeant Bilko's Homepage  Click to see Sergeant Bilko's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't know, that is way more than i wanted to pay...how about this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/VSR-10-Tokyo-Marui-Airsoft-Sniper-Rifle_W0QQitemZ7216373772QQcategoryZ62122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It's scratched up, but can't you paint the gun over?
Go to Top of Page

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you can get it for less that 150$, don't see why not. Additional paint layers are always lower quality than the original, however, if it's really bad, you should do it. Painting was much harder than I had anticipated.
Go to Top of Page

Sergeant Bilko
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  8:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sergeant Bilko's Homepage  Click to see Sergeant Bilko's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'm just going to keep an eye on ebay for the VSR-10. The gun is really scratched up. If I'm going to fork out that much money for a gun, I'd like it at least looking new.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000