Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Sniper's Perch
 Based on your experience ... ( 100+ meter shots )
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DDG
Sergeant



Member Since: 08/31/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  8:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit DDG's Homepage
flash how was the distance measured and under what conditions? is this the maximum range or usable accurate range? also, what was the problem you had with the prometheus nozzle?
Go to Top of Page

ThaFlash
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 11/13/2002

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  8:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThaFlash's Homepage  Send ThaFlash an AOL message
Distance measured accross a parking lot by measuring a parking space, then counting how many from end to end. Shots were going well past the end but we didn't have a target past that range.

Other times, I've used rangefinders on scopes and guestimation based on landmarks. General knowledge of 100m helps too. I used to compete in the 100m dash until I was 20 so I have a lot of experience looking down that range. But the only times I'll claim a true measurement is if I know for a fact.

Problems with the prometheus nozzle had to do with dimensions and the way it fit with both the G&P hopup and Prometheus Hopup Bucking. I went back to the G&P nozzle and bucking for now. It works, but I'll see how accurate it is at range.
Go to Top of Page

13. SS Heckenschutze
Private

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  11:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit 13. SS Heckenschutze's Homepage
Ok then what about 8mm 0.40g ammo ? anything extra ordinary there ?
Go to Top of Page

sniperx
BANNED



Member Since: 10/21/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  02:30:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit sniperx's Homepage
The M24 is a superior rifle to any spring rifle in stock form on the market. The APS2 its closest relative uses a molded ABS caseto hold the trigger mechanism, under stresses of large springs these flex, break, and misfire. The M24 is 2 pieces of plate steel with milled billet steel bits inetrnally...VS everyone else potmetal. The addition of a heavy spring and tightbore....you've already beat most other spring competitors at a fraction of the cost. Then comes the hopup, barrel type, bb selection, polishing keypoints...blablabla. The VSR10s trigger mechanism is subpar...as spring strnegth increases the trigger pressure severly increases. This is due to the poor sear engineering.

I do not use LRBs in my sniper rifles...6 foot groupings arten't good enough. If I can get the extra velocity I will use it. I'd really like to use no hopup and straight bullet drop...but that takes extreme velocity.

The best modern rifles available are the Tanakas. Low stress, high style...a bit of tuning and they are true contenders....I'm currently working with an AICS to get it perfect, I'm aiming for 30 meter same holes using grandmasters.

Listen up kiddies....airsoft is not for the weak of pocket....the role of sniper is definately not for the meek. You go cheap, you get cheap.
Go to Top of Page

TehLlama
General



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  03:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address
Airsoft is for the weak of pocket -- get used to it. Airsoft sniping is not for the weak of pocket, and those with skill and a veritable payroll are an animal unto themselves -- raining doom from afar on nooblets.

8mm BBs are somewhat different -- totally usable for sniping, as added cost is negated by lower volume of fire, but the overall lack of extreme quality BBs in weights over .3g is what I think is putting the crimp on the market for affordable 600fps sniper rifles.


As for the Tanaka rifles -- craftsmanship is fantastic, but leaves a bit to be desired as far as hopup performance and gas volume consistency. That said, I <3 mine.
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  11:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage
Sniperx act your age. The vsr's sear assembly is very good. My trigger pull is around 3-4 lbs with my 170. Its adjustable. Dont go slagging of other peoples guns because you may have a grudge against the manafacturer. With an amount of work (including custom) most rifles can be made to shoot very nicely with the right amount of money.
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  12:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message
Sniperx, have you even USED a properly upgraded VSR-10? Have you seen mine (and some others)?
http://photobucket.com/albums/d180/Harenil101/Airsoft/?action=view¤t=000_1032.jpg
the one on the left, yes that's a vsr-10. It's hardly Marui anymore, but it uses the same system. Shoots around 530fps with .2s with 150mps rated spring. The cylinder is great. The M24 uses crap components (And I've used one extensively), screws strip easily, the only good part of it is the stock. I also own a G&P SVD. Stock, it's next to worthless on the field when comparing to a VSR-10, it's only good after you put money into it, and even then, I'm doubtful it will shoot at well as a upgraded VSR-10.
Go to Top of Page

Spiggy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 03/12/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  1:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spiggy's Homepage
Harny! Upgrade that SOB!

quote:
Originally posted by Thequestionmark

It's kind of hard to deny that TM makes some of the best hop-up on the market.

IIRC TM doesnt make any of their hop-ups, they contract it from other companies
Go to Top of Page

Rain_Man
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/26/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rain_Man's Homepage  Send Rain_Man an AOL message
The M24 is pretty bad, both PDI and CA versions. Haven't seen the CAW, but I haven't heard anything good about that one either. Poor parts quality plagues it but it can be made into a good platform. Then again with the amount of money put into it, any of the major sniper rifles can.

I don't really care about the material the trigger parts are made of, K2 and FF parts are steel. Point being is that the design is more important than stock materials. As for trigger pull, the M24 is pretty bad with that. Only after extensive modifications, polishing and changing of angles does the trigger pull become bearable. On the other hand FF Zero triggers are smooth even at 700+fps springs.
Go to Top of Page

iloveguns
Private

Member Since: 01/27/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit iloveguns's Homepage
It's the M24 that has extremely heavy trigger pull as you increase the spring, not the vsr-10...

Go to Top of Page

sniperx
BANNED



Member Since: 10/21/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit sniperx's Homepage
The VSR 10 ghets a very heavy trigger due to the design. The M24 can be tuned very easily to have a soft trigger with a heavy spring. The difference between me and the kiddies on this board....I have experience with all these guns. The FF zero trigger is overpriced junk that makes you lose touch with the mechanism.

I guess I made a mistake here....airsoft is for kids....serious equipment is for serious people. I guess I'm jaded that way...my customers don't bat an eye at spending over 2-3k on quality equipment...it would seem you guys will buy anything southern asia poops out.
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  01:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message
You are the *only* person to have experience with all these guns? Sounds rather arrogant to me. I own a G&P SVD. I own a VSR-10, I have owned a KJW M700, I've used a couple Tanaka rifles, I've used an APS-2, I've EXTENSIVELY used AND upgraded an M24. Sniperx, you say the VSR-10's trigger gets heavy, but have you actually USED one? I have a 150 meter per second spring pushing around 530fps right now, my trigger is very very light, and I have it set to give me a bit of resistance. Please, think before you speak, you may not be the only one here with experience with all these guns. Given, I'm sure you've had MORE experience with MOST of these guns, but I doubt you've had NEARLY as much experience with the VSR-10 as I have.
Go to Top of Page

sniperx
BANNED



Member Since: 10/21/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  02:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit sniperx's Homepage
Would I make such a comment if I hadn't actually used one? Hers my rifle experience list:

Sun Project M40a1 (all models)
Sun Project M700
Sheriff M24
Killer STudio Predator
Asahi M40a1
Asahi Wa2000 (both versions)
APS2 (all versions)
VSR10 (both)
CA M24 (all versions)
PDI M24
PDI SVD
GP SVD
CUstom SVD
Escort SVD
Tanaka M700
Tanaka AICS
TM PSG1 (upgraded junk)

So yeah...I am qualified to make judgements here. I have held, fired, and/or used all of these rifles at one time or another.

Harenil....you use a toy...the VSR10 is regarded as a toy in Japan. I was not speaking upgrades here...I was talking out of the box and perhaps light upgrades...base design. A BMW is certainly better than a ford...but is a 318 better than a Saleen? You want to see shear power and durability...try my SVD...800psi, full blowback....through 3/4inch plywood at 6 feet. Of course you can't shoot anyone with it at that power. Want to feel a short andlight trigger...try the micro switch on a wa2000.

Here I am again...arguing with the kiddies on ASR....why do I bother...these people have no interest in highend equipment...they are only worried about the final cost. Theres a cool rifle out just for you guys...the TSR-X MSRP: 29,000yen. Scope, versapod, cartridges, magazine, the works....you'll love it...its right up your alley.
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  03:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage
The fact remains, sniperx, that most people here are handicapped by their finances. That doesn't justify your condescending attitude or acting like an elitist. Not everyone is as fortunate as you when it comes to airsoft opportunities, but AS-R can do without your "arguing with the kiddies" comments. You give the appearance that you "bother" to do so because it makes you feel superior.

I would rather you just contribute your knowledge without the continual jabs at the membership here, or not post at all. You refer insultingly to the "kiddies" here, but many of your remarks indicate an immaturity in yourself.
- RLB
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  04:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message
I honestly don't care what my "toy" is regarded as. All I know is that it performs extremely well, and cost much less than all your "real men" airsoft guns. What makes mine a toy, and yours not? aside from yours having custom milled steel internals and, your SVD is the same as mine. My VSR-10 has a REAL rifle stock on it, it's main body is aluminum (that's right, I replaced the stock crappy potmetal), it's shooting 30fps higher than the spring is rated at, my trigger pull is as light as you would actually WANT. Your arguements make absolutely no sense. It's like saying, The Ferrari GT is better than the Mustang GT because... it costs more, while, looking at actually facts, the mustang GT is faster than the Ferrari GT. Now of course, there are other aspects to be considered, but with a $100,000 price diference, those don't really mean much, do they? So please, explain to me WHY your rifles are so much damned better?
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  06:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage
Sniper x. Airsoft guns are toys. So how about you go and stand 400 yards away from me with your Asahi m40a1 and i'll stand with a .308
I'll watch your little bit of plastic fall out of the sky and i'll take a bead on your head and pull the trigger. Mate, wake up. Not everyone can afford guns like that. If you can then great, but dont talk down on people. Its the player who makes the weapon not the other way round.
Go to Top of Page

swatsniper1
Captain



United Kingdom
Member Since: 07/17/2004

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  06:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit swatsniper1's Homepage  Click to see swatsniper1's MSN Messenger address
Snowwolf - As once said by Wupjak "Truer Words have seldom been spoken!"

And as for you "Sniperx" You need to go out and do some research, The VSR's trigger design is amongst the best, Im running a 150SP with the stock unit but Laylax sears, With the 150SP in my rifle, To be totally honest - I cant feel the difference in the timing release and trigger pull weight.

Its the M24 That your thinking of with the very hard trigger pull - Ive used and handled one, VERY highly upgraded, And that was what you call a heavy trigger pull.

I rest my case.

Jester/
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  06:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolf

Sniper x. Airsoft guns are toys. So how about you go and stand 400 yards away from me with your Asahi m40a1 and i'll stand with a .308
I'll watch your little bit of plastic fall out of the sky and i'll take a bead on your head and pull the trigger. Mate, wake up. Not everyone can afford guns like that. If you can then great, but dont talk down on people. Its the player who makes the weapon not the other way round.



Haha.

Yes, that is very true. While airsoft is not cheap, its just pennies compared to real guns. A real sniper rifle will cost you $2500 to put together, and thats if you don't even replace the barrel with something good, thats another $400. That is very true, and your gun is also only as good as you are, so just because you put $2000 into your VSR, people with a $500 VSR can still beat you, your gun doesn't make you the best.
Go to Top of Page

sniperx
BANNED



Member Since: 10/21/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  07:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit sniperx's Homepage
I contribute my knowledge to people who actually want to learn...not for people to bitch over. Actually no..not only are the internals steel, but the valve is modified, the springs are changed, oring points were redesigned, a tightbore barrel with hopup was added, its modified for external air..and so forth. Your Ferrari vs Ford is a perfect example....which will get you more chicks in the end. Honestly...what looks hotter in the end...a super nine or a wa2000 (or other exotic rifle)?

I remember the days when an MP5k was 300.00usd at the cheapest. It was nice in these days.....its sorted out a lot of the people that shouldn't own airsoft.
Go to Top of Page

sniperx
BANNED



Member Since: 10/21/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  07:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit sniperx's Homepage
What does a 308 have to do with anything here? How about you try and stunt like that and we'll see how long you are allowed to own a gun. I have been in this game longer than most people know it has existed, I have seen just about every configuration of sniper rifle you can imagine...the VSR has by far one of the worst design to date.

And the gun not making the player...that is an excuse for kids who can't do it right. This cliche is spouted so often its unbelieveable...so few people actually have the skill to actually back it up.

Edit: Obscenities a no-no.
- RLB
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  07:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage
Right, mate im not a kid. The vsr is a great gun. You just dont like it cause TM ran classics into the ground. To be honest i dont care. Classics are very nice guns, i am not drawn to them myself. Oh and i would like to see a pic of you next to all your clasics, including the Asahi m40 amoungst others.

i used the .308 as an example not a threat.
Go to Top of Page

Atilla
Moderator



USA
Member Since: 02/19/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  09:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atilla's Homepage  Send Atilla an AOL message  Send Atilla an ICQ Message  Click to see Atilla's MSN Messenger address
stick a fork in it, this thread's done.

locked.

-atilla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000