| Author |
Topic  |
|
pyrochris
Major
  

USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 2:48:47 PM
|
So anyway, I've been working on splicing my super 9 with my KWC desert eagle. I already got the desert eagle to function consistantly with a long inner barrel attached. Now the challenge is going to be getting everything to line up when I put everything into the stock of the super 9.
I'll update with some more details on the situation when I get back from my night class, but for now, has anyone tried this before?
I figure it should work with the desert eagle because of the fixed barrel. On desert eagles, the barrel attaches to the frame rather than the slide (unlike berettas, glocks, 1911s, etc). |
|
|
Atilla
Moderator
    

USA
Member Since: 02/19/2003 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 2:57:06 PM
|
if you really wanted to turn a gas gun into a rifle i'd suggest a KJW MK1 because not only is it NBB and therefore easier for you to work with--it's also extremely powerful.
either way keep us posted on how the project is going, i'd like to see how it works if you do end up getting it done. |
 |
|
|
Phelptwan
Private
USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 2:57:34 PM
|
| interesting idea...i will have to see how this pans out. |
 |
|
|
WhatTheWho
Major
  

Canada
Member Since: 10/08/2002 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 3:10:01 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by pyrochris
I figure it should work with the desert eagle because of the fixed barrel. On desert eagles, the barrel attaches to the frame rather than the slide (unlike berettas, glocks, 1911s, etc).
You will have to tend to the fact that the slide still needs to cycle to chamber the next round. Most likely way to deal with this is to leave the slide exposed and not recessed into the stock. But as such, you might as well just attach the stock around the pistol grip of the Desert Eagle.
Or, more or less, you could do this: http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1300/1391.htm |
 |
|
|
pyrochris
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 03/05/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 3:29:18 PM
|
I found with the thumb safeties removed, the slide has just enough room to cycle when the gun is recessed all the way into the stock. Although I'm not sure yet whether or not that is the way I will want it to be. I've already started cutting a space for the desert eagle to go into, but I haven't figured out how I am going to attach the frame of the pistol to the inside of the stock.
I started carving the space for the pistol around the mag well. I was planning on using some kind of bar to link the desert eagle's trigger to another trigger that would be at the proper location (inside the s9 stock's trigger guard).
I know, probably sounds pretty crazy. |
 |
|
|
scott goodson
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 11/13/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 4:17:11 PM
|
| I already did this with a kwc sigma. I did the exact same thing you are describing just with a different gun. I also bolted on a rail for a tac light. I secured the pistol with screws and some corner brackets. |
 |
|
|
foxhound
Colonel
   

USA
Member Since: 09/17/2003 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 4:36:13 PM
|
Pyro I have also thought of doing this. I was planning to make a wooden outer shell for my G19 and attach a sliding bolt to the side of the G19s slide so it would have realistic blowback type stuff. Also I planned to make it into some gun no one has had before so it would be extremely customed out.
-Fox |
 |
|
|
Redd
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 10/27/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 9:22:22 PM
|
| Perhaps get a smaller pistol so it can go inside a pistol grip and put it a spring rifle, than cut a hole in the bottom of the pistol grip of the spring rifle so you can change mags, plus get a very long barrel. A good springer to do this to would be the upcoming UTG dragunov, plus you would have a semi auto dragunov. And, if you get a GBB pistol to put inside it, you could even make a bolt catch. |
 |
|
|
pyrochris
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 03/05/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 10:38:24 PM
|
Scott, what did you use as the shell to drop the pistol into? How did it turn out?
I'm going to be getting the cheap 353mm src tightbore from jungletoys. After all, what is the point of a rifle that can't hit anything? I'm also planning on using CO2 for increased consistancy and power.
I'll post some pictures to show exactly what it is I'm planning to do tomorrow sometime.
In the mean time here is the list of "tasks" that I assume will be involved in this project:
1. Modify the tightbore to fit. I've already done this with a "makeshift lathe" (aka power drill) and a cheap old barrel to insure that this will work. I'll make sure the "final copy" is even better.
2. Cut a section from the old super 9 outer barrel, make new barrel spacers to fit the new inner barrel. The super 9's inner barrel is very thick, so the stock barrel spacers will not accomadate an AEG barrel.
3. Attach the section of outer barrel to the desert eagle, over the new tightbore.
4. Attach the pistol/barrel to the stock in a way that looks good and makes sense.
5. Use bondo and paint to pretty 'er up! Whatever happens, this can't fail, because I'm going to get made fun of for a long time if it does! |
 |
|
|
akimbros
Captain
 

Member Since: 03/22/2005 |
|
|
Atilla
Moderator
    

USA
Member Since: 02/19/2003 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 12:05:58 AM
|
akimbros--do not double post.
don't trash n00bs when you have made a n00b mistake yourself.  |
 |
|
|
Darryl Zero
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 10/01/2003 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 01:22:56 AM
|
Marushin made a conversion kit which will turn your Beretta M92 into a rifle. It should work with just about any brand of M92, GBB or NBB.
MGC made two rifle conversion kits, one for their NBB Beretta M93R and the other for their GBB Glock series.
There was a rifle conversion kit made for the Digicon Straight and Digicon Desert Eagle series of NBB pistols.
After that, there are loads of scratch built examples, but there are gas rifles already out there... |
 |
|
|
Professor K
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 01:42:20 AM
|
| I kind of always liked the idea of doing what MGC did with their M93rs, and putting them inside a wood stock. I think it'd be pretty cool to use a KWA/KSC GBB M93r, and put it in a stock like that. Extend the barrel to like...M4 or AK length, and make a cool carbine out of it. |
 |
|
|
scott goodson
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 11/13/2005 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 5:15:06 PM
|
| What I did was gut the action and magazine slot so the front end would easily have a pistol slid into it. Then I chiseled away some of the bottom of the front of the stock and "dropped-in" the pistol. the taper in the supernine stock holds the front of the pistol rather well but you'll need brackets or screws or somthing to hold the back in. I used an old m16 magazine catch to hit the slide lock when I had to reload. It was pretty nice, I had a silencer plan with an extended barrel but never got around to it. BTW working with a supernine barrel is a pain in the asteroids, very hard to crack that outer casing effectivly. Best bet would be to tap it out with a dowel and hammer. |
 |
|
|
soldier
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 06/04/2004 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 7:45:54 PM
|
| I think turing a GBB into a rifle is pretty pointless, its too loud, not accurate enough, can't hold enough ammo, and its just too expensive when you could buy a nice AEG for the same amount of moeny as buying a GBB, then a stock, then mounts and a reddot to shoot accuratly. |
 |
|
|
airsoft guy
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/02/2006 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 9:24:42 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by soldier
I think turing a GBB into a rifle is pretty pointless, its too loud, not accurate enough, can't hold enough ammo, and its just too expensive when you could buy a nice AEG for the same amount of moeny as buying a GBB, then a stock, then mounts and a reddot to shoot accuratly.
Yes, but that's not the point is it? The idea behind making and modding your own guns is to have something nobody else has, to show off your talents, but most importantly to have some fun. I personally haven't diddled around with any guns, but I'm sure that the sense of accomplishment from building your own, one of a kind gun make the whole process worth it.
Any shmuck can scrape together some cash and buy a good gun, but it takes someone with skills and dedication to create one. |
 |
|
|
pyrochris
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 03/05/2005 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 9:35:37 PM
|
Scott, It sounds like you were even a bit more ambitious than me. I was planning on skipping the whole slide lock thing, even taking that part out of the magazine. This is mainly because the pistol doesn't fit in the s9 stock with the slide lock in. I know I could probably just cut a slot for the slide lock, but I'm going to go with the old "simplicity is key to success" mentality.
soldier, I already have most of the parts laying around that I need to make this happen, so it's not really about cost. The pistol is too big and chunky to be used as a sidearm, and the super 9 is already fairly damaged from both battle/ excessive use and my previously attempted modifications (lets just say I got a bit dremmel happy).
As for the super 9 barrel, I got the inner barrel out by using two wrenches. It was a rather... squeaky process. Don't laugh too hard: Then I dremmeled off the end of the outer barrel (would have been much, much easier if I did this to begin with, and pulled the inner barrel out through the front instead of pulling it back all the way through a barrel spacer!). Now all I have to do in terms of the s9 barrel is cut a section off of the outer barrel it to go over the 353mm barrel, which only needs to be 225 mm in length. (the difference will be contained within the pistol).
Since the internals of the super 9 still work, I'm saving them along with the remainder of the outer barrel and the original inner barrel for another project... Perhaps a bolt action pistol of sorts!
|
 |
|
|
wolfhound9k
Sergeant


Member Since: 10/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 12:32:06 AM
|
| didn't they used to make airsoft guns called "clasics" maybe? that were gas operated? and some blew back? ionno, that's just what first popped into my mind. cuz wouldn't the be a GBB? as a rifle? |
 |
|
|
pyrochris
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 03/05/2005 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 09:56:40 AM
|
| Most classic rifles were not blowback operated, although some were, yes. They are called "classics" because they used to dominate the airsoft market...in the "before time". |
 |
|
|
Plisken
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/27/2004 |
|
|
Lightning10
Private
Member Since: 08/12/2005 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 10:06:56 PM
|
| wow. that's all I've got to say about that tight M11 mod. |
 |
|
|
pyrochris
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 03/05/2005 |
Posted - 02/05/2006 : 10:36:01 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Plisken
this guy made one on another forum:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/Xekueins/m11a1/788359fe.jpg
out of a KWA Mac11
Wow, that is pretty amazing. The mac would be a neat gun to do this sort of mod with, but for now I'm going to stick with what I have.
As these pictures show, my project is still in its early stages. But they should give an idea of what I am planning on doing:


If I modify the stock further so that the gun will seat lower into the stock, I would probably be able to get the barrel of the desert eagle to line up with the slot for the super 9's barrel. I could then use the super 9's outer barrel to cover the longer inner barrel (not shown in the pictures, since I don't have it yet).
Alternatively, I could leave the desert eagle elevated, and make a fake silencer to cover the inner barrel. Then I could use the extra space in the stock for a laser! |
 |
|
|
snipemaster
Private

USA
Member Since: 12/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 11:59:40 AM
|
| Now you could do that or save yourself the troble and buy a VP-70 it comes with a stock and fires in semi auto mode or three round burst mode, depot53 has one for around $200.00 . |
 |
|
|
scott goodson
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 11/13/2005 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 2:01:13 PM
|
| Uh NO! Then you'd have no sense of worth for a job well done and also it'd be weaker. BTW that looks more or less exactly like what I did except the gun was different and the stock was shorter, mine was mor like a carbine...with a slide lock. |
 |
|
|
Darryl Zero
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 10/01/2003 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 7:19:18 PM
|
Hah! I like it, looks and all. Reminds me a little of the Marlin Camp-9 rifle so far.
For cosmetic purposes, to drop the pistol further into the stock would require that you hack off the pistol trigger guard and abbreviate the trigger so that the linkange between the S9 trigger and the DE trigger is concealed within the stock. I would also suggest building an enclosure for the rear of the slide, with a charging handle extending from a slot out the side. It would help to balance out the gun visually, as there is a lot of barren real estate towards the back of that stock. You could throw a weaver rail on top of the enclosure for a nice scope base. For the front, you could either go for a tubular suppressed outer barrel, or if you were skillful enough, continue the profile of the original DE barrel shape.
If you didn't mind plastic for the outer barrel, grab a few DE spring pistols and fuse a number of outer barrels together to make one long rifle barrel.
Though might I suggest this discussion be moved to the custom guns/modifications section of the forums?
|
 |
|
|
pyrochris
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 03/05/2005 |
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 2:02:25 PM
|
I finally ordered that barrel from jungle toys. Actually, I had to buy two of them and a small bag of bbs because of their stupid $20 minimum order! My brother has an XM8, so we have use for the extra barrel.
Can't wait for it to get here... |
 |
|
Topic  |
|