Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Gas Discussion
 Gas mag O-rings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vinceb
Private

Member Since:

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vinceb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was playing around last night, and decided to try to do something about all the gas that leaks out whenever I fill my GBB mags (KWA M9 and M945, KWC 1911).

Didn't have any o rings that fit, so I stripped some insulation from 16ga automotive wire, and cut a slice maybe, about .020" thick. I pressed it down over the fill valve stem, and seated it with the fill nozzle from my propane adapter.

I did this to all 3 mags - it cut my fill leakage to almost nothing. I can't imagine I'm the first one to try this, but just thought I'd pass it along anyway.

SnakeEyes0001
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 06/12/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  1:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit SnakeEyes0001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've heard of people doing the same thing but using rubber bands cut to fit.
Go to Top of Page

Sulfuric_t2
Private



USA
Member Since: 04/27/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  3:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sulfuric_t2's Homepage  Send Sulfuric_t2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
its better to let it leak. When it leaks during the fill, it lets the liquid to gas ratio come to a equilibrium. If you don't let it leak, like on KJ mags, the gas that is in the clip (not the liquid in there) gets compressed. Then the first shot shoots hard compared to the bulk of the shots. I guess it ins't really a big deal, but it is nice to know when you clip is full by it overflowing as well. If you have a seal in there, like the KJ mags, you have no idea if the mag is full. If you overfill those, they break. If you overfill the ones that leak, they don't break.
Go to Top of Page

Vinceb
Private

Member Since: 11/19/2004

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  08:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vinceb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First of all, I'm referring to "full time" leakage, when the fill port/nozzle interface is leaking as soon as the joint is pressurized. This does nothing but waste gas and sometimes spills the stuff (while still in a liquid phase) on your fingers - can you say COLD???

As for filling the mag, I can get a better fill this way than I could before. Why? I can keep filling it for 10-15 seconds without wasting more gas than I'm loading. I was tending to "short fill" before - so much gas was leaking that I stopped filling as quickly as I could.

BTW - performance is not affected. There is none of this "hard first shot" stuff
Go to Top of Page

Sulfuric_t2
Private



USA
Member Since: 04/27/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sulfuric_t2's Homepage  Send Sulfuric_t2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They were designed to leak so that you cannot overfill them. Its not there to just waste gas, do you really think every gbb maker besides KJ out there is just dumb?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000