Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Players/Groups
 Forney Airsoft Field
 glad I found you guys!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sgt. Barnes
Private

Member Since:

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  7:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt. Barnes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys - I'm Will - I live in shreveport, LA and there is NO airsoft fields or any players for that matter - I just bought my first AEG (AK47), but I have two other friends that have a P90 and an AUG. I am looking forward to playing with ya'll. I am going to try to make it over there as much as possible this summer - I assume its basically a walk-on type of game? Well anyways glad to see some players somewhat close. Hope to see some of ya'll on the field!

Renegade06
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 05/11/2004

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  7:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Renegade06's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe, cool to see a guy so willing to make a short drive down I-20 to get shot at ;) I hope you guys can make it Saturday. If not, see you when you can. (Wow, all that great swampland and nowhere to play airsoft!)
Go to Top of Page

BWE533
Private



USA
Member Since: 05/09/2004

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit BWE533's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt. Barnes

Hey guys - I'm Will - I live in shreveport, LA and there is NO airsoft fields or any players for that matter - I just bought my first AEG (AK47), but I have two other friends that have a P90 and an AUG. I am looking forward to playing with ya'll. I am going to try to make it over there as much as possible this summer - I assume its basically a walk-on type of game? Well anyways glad to see some players somewhat close. Hope to see some of ya'll on the field!



Hey, glad to hear that. I'm Justin and I use a Spetsnaz. Yeah you basically just arrive and wait for the next game to start. I've just recently started goin to Forney and have played 2 games there so far(1 Day and 1 Night). The guys at Forney are very friendly and cool so you'll enjoy it there. One thing you'll have to remember is that you gotta sign a waiver and wear eye protection. If you are under 18 you need to have full face protection I believe.
Go to Top of Page

Sgt. Barnes
Private

Member Since: 06/09/2004

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  7:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt. Barnes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well - I can't make it this weekend(girlfriend's family reunion BAH!), but it is on after that it is on! We have a lot of good land to play on, but lack of people with AEGs. Mostly people have Springers - Owell - hope to play soon!
Go to Top of Page

Slik Willy
Private



USA
Member Since: 04/20/2004

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  09:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Slik Willy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well we are glad to hear u wanna come out and play. There is no fee to play and most DAY games are on sundays, and start at noon.
U can just arrive there with your AEG and all u have to do is sign a waiver that i will hand you when you arrive and then you are ready to go! U must have some kind of eye protection and/or face mask and HAVE A GOOD TIME!! -SLIK-
Go to Top of Page

Sgt. Barnes
Private

Member Since: 06/09/2004

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  4:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt. Barnes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great - I am trying to get a lot of guys from Shreveport together - of course a lot meaning like 5. We everything to play with... guns, eye protection - but I have to order some more clips ASAP!
Go to Top of Page

Sewer_Ice
Major



USA
Member Since: 11/25/2003

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  4:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sewer_Ice's Homepage  Click to see Sewer_Ice's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, If you feel like it you could always call mike, his store and ADDR. are in the sticky, if you don't mind, you could always drive to his store after calling in to see if he has what you want.
Go to Top of Page

Renegade06
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 05/11/2004

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  6:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Renegade06's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Getting to Mike's place can be kinda tricky by just using the map from the sticky post...it took me about 1.5 hours of driving around the area. Perhaps on game days there could be a sign posted that is a little more noticable than the small, dark one apparent only to those of us who have made it to the gates ;) Just a suggestion, and perhaps I'm the only one that had a hard time finding it on my first trip out. Perhaps it wouldb e better to not the address to the neigbor and say, "the first gate east (or west depending...) of this address."
Go to Top of Page

BWE533
Private



USA
Member Since: 05/09/2004

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  7:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit BWE533's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renegade06

Getting to Mike's place can be kinda tricky by just using the map from the sticky post...it took me about 1.5 hours of driving around the area. Perhaps on game days there could be a sign posted that is a little more noticable than the small, dark one apparent only to those of us who have made it to the gates ;) Just a suggestion, and perhaps I'm the only one that had a hard time finding it on my first trip out. Perhaps it wouldb e better to not the address to the neigbor and say, "the first gate east (or west depending...) of this address."



Ya same thing happened to us the first time out we almost missed the forney field cause the sign was so small. It sounds like a good idea having a bigger sign posted outside but its up to mike since its his field. Maybe someone can volunteer to make a sign on poster board and then staple it to a stake and place out front near the entrance.
Go to Top of Page

whistler
News Editor



USA
Member Since: 04/08/2003

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  11:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit whistler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think the sign could be made a bit bigger...

-whistler
Go to Top of Page

Eightball
Major



New Zealand
Member Since: 05/21/2003

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  01:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eightball's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The sign that is in place was a gift from Brian Hollis. Personally, I had no trouble finding the field. It is the first driveway past the mailbox that reads 15800 on the right hand side if you are approaching after you follow the directions from Hwy 80. Also, there is usually a big ass yellow cargo truck that sits on the property. I would suggest that those of you that are first timers call Mike if you have any questions.
Go to Top of Page

ED209
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/20/2003

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  03:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit ED209's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My advice is to leave the sign alone, as is. I am of the opinion that the field not be heavily advertised to passing traffic.

.02
Go to Top of Page

Slik Willy
Private



USA
Member Since: 04/20/2004

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  10:01:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Slik Willy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well guys i am going to try to make a bigger sign for people to find the field alot easier. But if u follow the directions, then it shouldn't be too hard to find, but i will make another sign so it will be easier. Thanks for the input guys, your opinions are always welcome. -SLIK-(the army store)
Go to Top of Page

mp5_Recon
Sergeant

USA
Member Since: 05/16/2002

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  2:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mp5_Recon's Homepage  Send mp5_Recon an AOL message  Click to see mp5_Recon's MSN Messenger address  Send mp5_Recon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
sorry i replied so late, but i also live in shreveport. me, my brother and a couple friends have aegs, and gbbs. we play out at mikes every once in a while, but if you had some land local, we could get some nice little games going
Go to Top of Page

airsoft player
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/25/2002

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  3:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit airsoft player's Homepage  Send airsoft player an AOL message  Click to see airsoft player's MSN Messenger address  Send airsoft player a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mp5_Recon

sorry i replied so late, but i also live in shreveport. me, my brother and a couple friends have aegs, and gbbs. we play out at mikes every once in a while, but if you had some land local, we could get some nice little games going




i also live near sheveport Barnes shoot me an email

jrodtic@gmail.com


P.s. ^^^^ im the brother
Go to Top of Page

Delta D
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/03/2004

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  4:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Delta D's Homepage  Send Delta D an AOL message  Send Delta D a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i think the first half a dozen time we miss the field. we always ended up driving in reverse to get to it. hehe. just remember to look for a huge hole at the entrance of the gate.
we should volunteer to fill that ditch up w/ gravel, your car (not SUV) will thank you
i'm willing to offer some hard labor if someone have a wheel barrow and pepples =)
Go to Top of Page

TSaysanasong
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/08/2005

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  4:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit TSaysanasong's Homepage  Send TSaysanasong an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha, I ran into that ditch one time. Ouch!

Duc, a wheel barrow isn't considered hard labor. Hard labor is scooping a pile of dirt with your hands and filling that hole up.
Go to Top of Page

DaManJH99
Agent J



USA
Member Since: 05/19/2004

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  5:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaManJH99's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Geez, this thread is like a year old!
Go to Top of Page

Delta D
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/03/2004

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  9:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Delta D's Homepage  Send Delta D an AOL message  Send Delta D a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TSaysanasong

Haha, I ran into that ditch one time. Ouch!

Duc, a wheel barrow isn't considered hard labor. Hard labor is scooping a pile of dirt with your hands and filling that hole up.



haha, well, a wheel barrow can get pretty heavy, and u see me, i'm like a shrimp. i whine about my M4 being heavy every time i hold it

and yeah, this thread IS almost a yr old... haha. didnt' even realized it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000