Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 Xm8 released?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Im_cool
Major



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  2:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Im_cool's Homepage  Send Im_cool an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.airgunexpress.com/Gamo_Rifles-Pistols/gamogsg-x8softairrifle701-31-1000.htm

Wow? IS that the xm8? well i just thought i would let you know there is an xm8 out now...don't know if its the cyma/well one tho...

Eddy72
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  3:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is an XM8 LPEG alright, but I am very sure it isn't the CYMA/WELL one. I also dont think the CYMA/WELL one is desert tan either, isn't it silver?
Go to Top of Page

zexz
Sergeant



Sweden
Member Since: 01/03/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  4:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit zexz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen that om ebay, and it's not the CYMA/WELL one.
Go to Top of Page

Professor K
Major



USA
Member Since: 10/13/2004

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  4:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Professor K's Homepage  Send Professor K an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is and CYMA/WELL were just bull****ting us about the features. Oh well, the UTG MP5 is the next gen of China AEGs, so...

Who knows, maybe we'll get springer rifles/pistols the price of Marui with metal cylinder/piston/trigger/sears?
Go to Top of Page

Sir N. Powers
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/01/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  4:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sir N. Powers's Homepage  Send Sir N. Powers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know who makes it? It looks like crap.
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Tooth Tony
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/16/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  4:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Tooth Tony's Homepage  Send Bullet Tooth Tony an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It doesnt look like the CYMA/WELL version its probably some third rate china company that is distrubuted by Gamo into America.
Go to Top of Page

UHS_XC_Ramsey
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2003

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  4:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit UHS_XC_Ramsey's Homepage  Send UHS_XC_Ramsey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whoa! That thing looks so low quality... wow.
Go to Top of Page

3VUL539
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/01/2004

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  8:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3VUL539's Homepage  Send 3VUL539 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
whoa it shoots fps.

jesus!
Go to Top of Page

krome
Private

Member Since: 06/24/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  9:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit krome's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It could probably be the XM1(xm8) from Cymawell.I have seen their D92(m16) model selling in a differnt box and company,Crosman is one of the companies selling them,Walmart is selling some of their models.I bought a D90 model couple of months ago and the box read Everlast.Probably it is the real thing as for the ones selling in Ebay is smaller and a different varient of the gun.The one in Ebay is only 28 inches long when it such be around 34.
Go to Top of Page

Sir N. Powers
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/01/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  10:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sir N. Powers's Homepage  Send Sir N. Powers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really, really hope it isn't the CYMA model. I'm skeptical about the reports of 300 FPS performance, but I was expecting the CYMA XM8 to at least look decent. This can't be it. The one on cymawell.com is, after all, all black.
Go to Top of Page

EmptyChambers
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/03/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  10:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit EmptyChambers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The one on CymaWell is a picture stolen from world.guns
Go to Top of Page

doofus333
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/25/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  10:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit doofus333's Homepage  Send doofus333 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3VUL539

whoa it shoots fps.

jesus!

that means "foot per second." it is, in fact, possible to crawl out of the way of anything fired from that.
Go to Top of Page

Sir N. Powers
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/01/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  10:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sir N. Powers's Homepage  Send Sir N. Powers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Woah, a whole foot per second? I wonder if that's with .12 or .20 gram BBs... hmm..
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Tooth Tony
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/16/2005

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  10:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Tooth Tony's Homepage  Send Bullet Tooth Tony an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The gun on CYMA's website is bull thats the real gun not an airsoft gun. By the end of the week ill have the money to buy one and i think ill get that gun. thats definitley .12 my man.
Go to Top of Page

mxu57
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 09/16/2004

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  11:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit mxu57's Homepage  Send mxu57 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap its like they didn't even try to make it look decent. It's almost like this whole XM8 project thing was to let as many people down as they could.

This better not be that.
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  01:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats a Foot Per Second with the wind to your back and a .12

.20's just roll out unless you have a 130 mph tail wind then they go 100fps lol.
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Tooth Tony
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/16/2005

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  08:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Tooth Tony's Homepage  Send Bullet Tooth Tony an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what would you expect from CYMA/WELL there chinese
but 300 FPS is the best stock shootin LPEG
Go to Top of Page

Sir N. Powers
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 06/01/2005

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  10:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sir N. Powers's Homepage  Send Sir N. Powers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If it even shoots 300 FPS. That could be a very exaggerated figure. I don't care if it has steel gears, it's just too ugly. I'm going for a BE AUG instead.
Go to Top of Page

ofpr
Captain



USA
Member Since: 11/28/2003

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  11:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit ofpr's Homepage  Click to see ofpr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I emailed Louis at cymawell.com awhile ago about this gun and he assured me that this is not the model they are waiting for. He said that it IS the cyma model, but they arent even going to get it because they are waiting for the WELL model.
Go to Top of Page

Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private



Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  11:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nabisco Lobstrosity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gamo is not CYMA.

Gamo is a two decade-old air gun manufacturer based out of Spain. They also make high-grade air gun pellets, but their airsoft stuff is often laughable at best (as you can see by the design on this thing - the early '94 color scheme, bastardized foregrip, and the correct kind of sight rail is no where to be found). Now this isn't the first time they have tried to leave a mark in the airsoft scene (they did some knock-off spring pistols, too). If you ever looked into budget airsoft in Europe, or if you're into air rifles at all, you would have seen the name 'Gamo' before. But as ugly as that LPEG is to look at, it's at least possible that Gamo built it decently. They have the money and the means. They're actually a pretty successful company (albeit, so far, not in airsoft).

Is this a decent gun? That is a crapshoot. It could go either way.

Is this the XM8 by CYMA? No, since this is made by Gamo, and the two companies have nothing to do with each other.
Go to Top of Page

Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private



Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  12:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nabisco Lobstrosity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The people I normally deal with when I want to buy hard-to-find European airsoft equipment, Begadi, carry the imported brand of this weapon, this Gamo "'GSG' X8". Here's what I was told about it -


  • It fires semi and full-auto
  • It weighs 2.6kg and is just over 80cm long with the stock fully-extended
  • The magazine holds 55 rounds
  • It comes in either the (1994) Tan, or Black
  • 7.2V battery


    http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/images/xm8-vollauto-tarn-details1.jpg
    http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/images/xm8-vollauto-tarn-details2.jpg
    http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/images/xm8-vollauto-tarn-details3.jpg
    http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/images/xm8-vollauto-tarn-details4.jpg

    http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/images/xm8-vollauto-schwarz-details1.jpg

    Now, most of this is not news. But what IS interestesting is that all European airsoft manufacturers rate their products by the maximum energy output. This is rated at 0.5J. Given the 7.2V battery, that pretty much tells you a great deal about what this thing is like to shoot.

    0.5J on 0.20g BB = 233FPS

    By comparison, the BE AUG reportedly fires 0.20g at 200FPS. The AUG also has a 7.2V battery.

    Now, isn't THAT something to kick around the knoggin? A lot of German airsoft players are going nuts over this thing, since they're arguing whether or not it is better than the AUG. I don't know anybody who has actually bought one yet, though. First-hand testing is the only way to know for sure.
  • Go to Top of Page

    Sir N. Powers
    Sergeant



    USA
    Member Since: 06/01/2005

    Posted - 08/17/2005 :  12:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sir N. Powers's Homepage  Send Sir N. Powers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
    I see, thank you. I was worried at first because CYMA is known by so many other names, and some companies resell CYMA items and stamp their own names on them. Glad to know that this isn't what we've been waiting for.

    EDIT:

    I thought the AUG had a 9.6v battery. I think M9 master said so in another thread. And .5 joules is impressive. Spring pistol power in an lpeg, not bad. Too bad the thing still looks terrible, heh.
    Go to Top of Page

    Nabisco Lobstrosity
    Private



    Christmas Island
    Member Since: 08/03/2005

    Posted - 08/17/2005 :  1:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nabisco Lobstrosity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
    Now I had originally thought that the BE AUG had fair 9.6V battery, seeing how that's what it was listed as on a lot of retail sites, but I seem to recall some sort of issue that came up when someone who reviewed the AUG pointed out that it infact uses a smaller 7.2V.

    I certainly could be mistaken, but there was something about the BE AUG battery that stuck out in my mind. I'm sure it is whatever the reviews say it is.

    As for 0.5J in this bizarre device, I'm pretty intrigued too. If it has that much power, then they must have done something right when they decided what to put inside of the gearbox. But I'm still wary - even the greatest spring in the world won't mean much if they build the inner barrel just a little too wide, or if the selector switch has bad contacts, or any number of things that you can't really be sure about until one of us shoots the damn thing and cracks it open.
    Go to Top of Page

    justsomeguy
    Colonel



    USA
    Member Since: 07/08/2004

    Posted - 08/17/2005 :  4:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
    AUG has a 9.6v battery. 1.2 time 8 equals 9.6.

    And for the fps, they're lying. It's not 0.5J. Some retailers say the Neonfire M4 shoots at that FPS, which it doesn't. They're just taking a guess.
    Go to Top of Page

    Nabisco Lobstrosity
    Private



    Christmas Island
    Member Since: 08/03/2005

    Posted - 08/17/2005 :  5:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nabisco Lobstrosity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
    I guess I was wrong about the battery in the BE AUG, then. Though that's cool it's a 9.6V. I like that.

    Remember how I was saying that a lot of German airsofters are making a big stink over this Gamo GSG-X8? I've been working on translating their comments from German, and I've noticed a lot of interesting points that have come up.

    "The X8 isn't very strong, but it shoots far ... you can forget about the reflex sight because it isn't centered properly, and it's blurry to look through ... the rate of fire is approximately 10 shots per second ... its build quality isn't bad, but it seems like its made from mostly thin plastic." [Alexander Rubner, June 1 2005] [3 / 5]

    "This weapon has a lot of metal inside, so it will last longer. For me, the weight and length are perfect, but for younger people they have difficulty holding it ... It has just under 0.5J, like a cheap AEG ... you can link the magazines together for fast reloading ... the futuristic design is not for everyone, but a second look is worth the effort" [Martin Leal, June 1 2005] [5 / 5]

    (I guess Martin Leal changed his mind later once he actually got to try it out more)

    "Here's the official review! ... it wobbles a little if you swing the weapon around ... the BB's fly straight for 25-30 meters, but then drop to the ground over the next 10 meters. After adjusting the Hop-Up, the effective range is increased another 10-15 meters ... the rate of fire is enormous ... the reflex sight is ingenious ... however, you have to screw on the rail for the sight carefully, not to mention that you need your own screwdriver and screws. Plus the rail sticks out too long ... Summary: great Hop-up (but it twists a little), comes with a reflex sight, the magazine shakes, and mine didn't come with 2 out of the 5 screws. Therefore, I give it four stars! I would gladly give it 5, that score is reserved for perfect weapons, and this is not." [Martin Leal, June 8 2005] [4 / 5]

    "I would not recommend buying it. I recieved mine today, and found that it was badly balanced and it was missing the magazine. I was also missing screws for one of the Weaver rails. The fire selector switch is hard to use. It came with no manual. It's not worth the trouble!" [Tobias Plam, June 3 2005] [3 / 5]

    "My buddy and I each ordered one and we are both actually completely content. What bothers me about the X8 is that the fire selector switch is so loose that it can easily break off, as it did on one of them. You've been warned. Otherwise, it is genuinely good. It shoots very far (possibly 30m?) and is beautifully heavy. The accessory rail is missing some screws and the sight moves too much ... maybe glue it down with adhesive ... otherise, the X8 is the BEST." [Marcus Degenkolbe, June 14 2005] [4 / 5]

    "This weapon makes me very happy. It is very heavy and performs similar to the G36C by Double Eagle. It shoots about 20m, and for [an LPEG] of this [level of quality / price range], it is my opinion that is very good." [Raphael Schubert, August 4 2005] [5 / 5]

    "... I loaded a full magazine, as was impressed by the high rate of fire. Unfortunately the joy didn't last long ... my first shots using 0.25g BB's flew an [sarcasm]amazing[/sarcasm] 5m. I took it apart but couldn't see anything wrong. Now the motor makes noises [like a dentist drill] and gets really hot, and no BBs come out at all. Did I break it when I was putting it together? I have no idea what to do next. What now?" [Henning Gamerschlag, June 28 2005] [1 / 5]

    Now, these reviews in particular came from the Begadi retail site, but they do seem in line with what I've read people say in the forums about this gun. Clearly, it has some build issues, it even (apparently) has some packaging issues, but are those nuisances small enough to look past them and enjoy its performance quality? It seems like most the people who have shelled out the money for one of these seems pretty content with it. Then again, who's to say that your average European airsoft weapon isn't complete garbage to begin with, and this thing, in contrast, must look like it's made of gold to these people. I find it kinda creepy that even people who 'hate' this weapon after they bought it, still don't saying too nasty about it. That's suspicious.

    I'm going to hold off for a while and keep an eye out for what people continue to say about this European toy, but I may get one simply to see for myself what the fuss is about. It'd be a nice comparison for when the CYMA-made model comes out, even if only for a joke.
    Go to Top of Page

    Sir N. Powers
    Sergeant



    USA
    Member Since: 06/01/2005

    Posted - 08/17/2005 :  9:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sir N. Powers's Homepage  Send Sir N. Powers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
    Wow, thanks a ton for those translations. Firsthand information is always best. It sounds like a great performer, but overall build quality is probably inferior to the BE AUG. When you factor in the packaging problems and the cost of the gun, it seems like this isn't the best choice. I'm going to wait for a formal and full review before I write this gun off, though. It certainly is nice to see another advance in lpeg performance.
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Next Page
     New Topic  Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 10.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000