| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
dan wask
Private

USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 08/24/2005 : 10:31:47 PM
|
I just got my AIM TOP M4 boys from a classified ad here on airsoftretreat today.It doesn't fire. Now I'm either a dumbass, or I got ripped off. I put brand spaking new batteries in, (the correct way) loaded the mag, and pulled the trigger while depressing the saftey thingy. It won't fire. I'm pretty mechanical (I've worked on plenty of paintball guns, RC cars, motorcycles etc ) and if its an easy bad switch or connection then I'll be fine, but can someone help me before I dive into opening up my gun ? Or give me a walkthrough of what to expect ?
Thanks,
Dan Wask |
|
|
Drake_M4A1
Private

USA
Member Since: 07/01/2005 |
Posted - 08/24/2005 : 11:18:32 PM
|
| Few things might be wrong. but does the gun make ANY sound when you pull the trigger? Also what type of batteries are you using? Personally i think its a bad solder connection somwhere between the motor and the trigger. If you say your a mechanical person then takign this gun apart wont be a problem. My advice to you when you get the gun apart is to have a voltage tester on hand and connect it to the prongs of the motor to see if you getting anything, and if you are then you have a motor problem. Which in Lpeg casses can't be fixed unless you buy a new one. There could be a brush problem in the motor and no connection is being made to the comm. you could also drop some contact fluid (a small amount) on the comm. |
 |
|
|
dan wask
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 08/24/2005 : 11:29:38 PM
|
| The gun makes no noise except the clicking of the trigger. I'm using brand spanking new energizer batteries. |
 |
|
|
Drake_M4A1
Private

USA
Member Since: 07/01/2005 |
Posted - 08/25/2005 : 12:16:31 AM
|
| You might as well start tearing it apart then. |
 |
|
|
gunblazer
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005 |
Posted - 08/25/2005 : 03:47:50 AM
|
| do you hear ANY noise at all. even a slight noise when you have batteries in compared to out? On my TM boys mp5, nimh would not work, just hear a slight motor action, its the battery tabs not reaching the contacts (foil fixed that). Maybe your problem. |
 |
|
|
kewlsniper2
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 01/12/2005 |
Posted - 08/25/2005 : 04:28:27 AM
|
| hey gunblazer is that you in your avatar? |
 |
|
|
gunblazer
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005 |
Posted - 08/25/2005 : 2:05:40 PM
|
| yeah, its me |
 |
|
|
dan wask
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 08/25/2005 : 7:47:03 PM
|
| I tore it apart today, one of the contacts to the motor came off, probably because of it getting knocked around during shipping. Soldered it back on, and it works great. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|