Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 Project Cyma AK-47 Adj. hop up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since:

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  11:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok i got a nice idea on how to make the Cyma AK-47's hop up adj. the hop up is same as the boys mp5 and m4a1 and will be a easy mod.

you wont be able to see the adj. what will be cool the top cover will hide it. and it should be farly easy to do. i'll post some pics after im done.

Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private



Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  09:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nabisco Lobstrosity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought you were sticking a ver3 gearbox in a BE AUG, too. How many of these things do you have cracked open and spread over your floor at the moment?

I'd be interested to see how your AK mod works out. I know a guy who's big into AK's, and anything that could improve his LPEG any would be a definite plus.
Go to Top of Page

FuBaRSliz
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/21/2004

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  10:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit FuBaRSliz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doesnt the new XL Aks have adjustable hopup? Has anyone bought one of these yet and is it true the selecter switch is backwards?
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  4:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i got 3 guns sitting on my floor right now lol. im wateing on a bearing set for my v3 so thats on hold till i get it in 4 days. but this is somthing that needs to be done to the ak.



i dont think they do.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  10:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FuBaRSliz

Doesnt the new XL Aks have adjustable hopup? Has anyone bought one of these yet and is it true the selecter switch is backwards?



The real AKs have semi all the way down the bottom and Auto in the middle. I can't verify since my real one is the hunter type with just semi. I've held the real dealy from the Irqis but I never fired it though I can vouch for the three selector settings so I know the one I held was full auto version.
Go to Top of Page

FOOL
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  12:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOOL's Homepage  Send FOOL an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgtwiltan
I've held the real dealy from the Irqis


You held the real one from the Iraqis? Are you a terrorist?
Go to Top of Page

Queso
Private



Member Since: 04/28/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  12:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Queso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uberwoot, didn't you say you'd post a guide on how you upgraded your mp5 in the "Modified Gun Pictures" thread?
Go to Top of Page

rubberducky3201
Captain



USA
Member Since: 01/06/2005

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  1:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubberducky3201's Homepage  Send rubberducky3201 an AOL message  Send rubberducky3201 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FOOL

quote:
Originally posted by sgtwiltan
I've held the real deal from the Iraqis.


You held the real one from the Iraqis? Are you a terrorist?



By looking at his profile, he says he's a ex-marine(were you serious or joking?). So you were in Iraq? I think everyone on ASR will agree we all love story time ....but its that why we have the skirmish report section?

Does anybody know if the AK uses the same hopup/barrel as the other CYMA guns? Because if it works for you uberwoot I might try it on my G36c.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  11:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FOOL

quote:
Originally posted by sgtwiltan
I've held the real dealy from the Irqis


You held the real one from the Iraqis? Are you a terrorist?



Desert Storm
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  11:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubberducky3201


quote:
Originally posted by FOOL

quote:
Originally posted by sgtwiltan
I've held the real deal from the Iraqis.


You held the real one from the Iraqis? Are you a terrorist?



By looking at his profile, he says he's a ex-marine(were you serious or joking?). So you were in Iraq? I think everyone on ASR will agree we all love story time ....but its that why we have the skirmish report section?

Does anybody know if the AK uses the same hopup/barrel as the other CYMA guns? Because if it works for you uberwoot I might try it on my G36c.




Never been in Iraq. Closest was 50 miles. Desert Storm was mainly Kuwait and Saudi for the Marines.

As to the XL AK, the barrel length is the same as the Spetz and is shorter than the CMYA. Exhibits Barrel suck problems when lengthened. Hop-up is fixed but the adjustable hop-up mechanism is there and easily fixable ala Uberwoot
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000