Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 What sort of mods can I do to a mini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MegaMan3k
Sergeant

Member Since:

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  12:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit MegaMan3k's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a cheap $10 HFC mini-mp5 and I kind feel like doing... something to it. Anything. I'm still new to airsoft, and I've never even opened a gun before. So - what sort of things can be done to minis? Looking at it - I figure I'll open it up tomorrow and look around on the inside, and other than that, I plan on painting the firing mode selector red like on more realistic mp5s.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also - I hope this is the right forum. I couldn't decide whether to put this here or the modding forum, sorry.

gunblazer
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 04/26/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  12:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit gunblazer's Homepage  Send gunblazer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this is the right one. its too bad you got the HFC which doesnt have hopup. minis are already bad and without hopup its just plain crap. you could add voltage for higher rof. stronger spring, gears are good enough to handle it, just dont go crazy.
Go to Top of Page

MegaMan3k
Sergeant

Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  12:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit MegaMan3k's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See, now, I don't understand what half of that means. ;_;

Also - I should make it clear, I don't really plan on playing with this too much. I just wanted to mess around with the insides of an airsoft gun. IF I use it, it'll only be for 1vs1 or 1vs2, which is really all I play so far.
Go to Top of Page

uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  01:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit uberwoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check unconventional airsoft they got a guide on modding the mini's
Go to Top of Page

justsomeguy
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2004

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  01:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit justsomeguy's Homepage  Send justsomeguy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.unconventional-airsoft.com/projects/minimp5.php
Go to Top of Page

00gab00ga
Major



USA
Member Since: 05/12/2004

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  1:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit 00gab00ga's Homepage  Send 00gab00ga an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you know that once the gun splits in half, EVERYTHING will jump out of the gun, save a gear or two, right? i tried that once with a UHC Uzi, and i ended up losing a spring (tappet plate one). now, i'm it shoots about 2/3 as far as it did before i opened it and i have one pen that courtiously donated it's spring.

anyways, yea. BEWARE
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  1:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MegaMan3k

I have a cheap $10 HFC mini-mp5 and I kind feel like doing... something to it. Anything. I'm still new to airsoft, and I've never even opened a gun before. So - what sort of things can be done to minis? Looking at it - I figure I'll open it up tomorrow and look around on the inside, and other than that, I plan on painting the firing mode selector red like on more realistic mp5s.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also - I hope this is the right forum. I couldn't decide whether to put this here or the modding forum, sorry.



Get an MP5SD series. Relatively cheap and more more informative if you will eventually get into AEGs. It is also one of the more powerful Lpegs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000