Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 General Airsoft Discussion
 Maruzen or Tm Mp5k
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seris
Private

USA
Member Since:

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  8:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seris's Homepage  Send Seris an AOL message  Send Seris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys i've been debating on getting a maruzen mp5k cqb or a tm mpk
I've good things and bad things about both

I really like that the Maruzen comes with the R.I.S. rails and that its gas

Do you guys know if i could get those rail on a TM Mp5k without alot of mods?

mp567
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 03/27/2005

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  9:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mp567's Homepage  Send mp567 an AOL message  Click to see mp567's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could get the TM mp5 RAS and take the stock off.
Go to Top of Page

JLee
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 01/03/2002

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  9:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit JLee's Homepage  Send JLee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you want it for looks or for playing?
Go to Top of Page

Seris
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/08/2005

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  10:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seris's Homepage  Send Seris an AOL message  Send Seris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well i really want it for both.

I'm not going to be doing very serious skimishing, all my friends have lepgs, springers, and 40 dollar nbbs.

But other then looks and performance i really dont want it to break in a month or two after buying

and isnt the TM Mp5 RAS out of production?

Go to Top of Page

JV
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/11/2004

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  11:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit JV's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had both Mp5ks gas and aeg (Maruzen,Tokyo Mauri)
the gas one is good if you want the weight and moving parts (cocking lever)
I'm not sure if they sell the small 20round mag for the gas Mp5k but the highest cap mag you can buy is the 50R mag which is expensive. This gun broke on me (I still have the parts and 50R mag downstairs) But I didn't let that stop me I loved the way this gun looked so I decided to buy the Aeg TM Mp5ka4.

it's not as heavy as the gas one and the battery is kind of a pain to change BUT there are plenty of high cap mags you can buy for this gun, I had this gun for a couple of months now and it still works great NO PROBLEMS.

I suggest you get the TM MP5KA4 with G&P 100R mags (ones I have) no jamming !!
Go to Top of Page

Seris
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/08/2005

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  11:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seris's Homepage  Send Seris an AOL message  Send Seris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hey JV
What parts of the gun broke?
Could they be replaced?
Were you useing green gas in it with modding it?
Go to Top of Page

JV
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/11/2004

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  11:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit JV's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the gas MP5K wasn't upgraded at all it was stock. The part of the gun that broke was the little piece of plastic holding the thin metal tube onto the part that is suppost to blowback for another shot.

I looked and couldn't find a replacement part.

I used green gas while firing the gun
Go to Top of Page

Seris
Private

USA
Member Since: 08/08/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  2:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seris's Homepage  Send Seris an AOL message  Send Seris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey would it be easy to put a tightbore in the maruzen?

Also are there any stocks that i can put on it?
Go to Top of Page

Cjasper
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/04/2005

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  5:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cjasper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The TM Mp5k is the best choice i think. You wont have to keep buying gas, the stock comes off, you can put the rails on it, and Tokyo Mauri is a very reliable brand!
Go to Top of Page

JV
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/11/2004

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  6:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit JV's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cjasper

The TM Mp5k is the best choice i think. You wont have to keep buying gas, the stock comes off, you can put the rails on it, and Tokyo Mauri is a very reliable brand!



I agree almost all of my guns are TM and I've had no problems with them.

if you want a Mp5k with a stock here's one:
http://www.gunsnguys.com/ishop/Contents/Shopcart/CartFrame.asp?ProdID=263

I myself don't like that kind of stock on the Mp5k but thats just me.
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  12:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 50 rd mags for the Maruzen are expensive and hard to find in stock. The rate of fire of the Maruzen is excellent, but with only a 50 rd mag you're out of ammo in very short order. To run green gas reliably the Maruzen requires some modifications. The Maruzen MP5, though impressive is equivalent to having a gas pistol.

With hicaps readily available, & gearbox upgrades common place, the TM MP5K is a better choice to skirmish with.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000