|
sgtwiltan
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005 |
Posted - 08/29/2005 : 1:23:07 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Downtown1
This may be old news to some. Airsplat.com has all the AKs for 29 bucks now. XLs are the newer ones and have the hi-cap mags.
Really tempted to get the Shorty AK with hicap. But I just spent a wad of accesories for the el cheapo BOYI M4 for my Tears of the Sun project.
Hope the AK prices will still be this low in a couple of months cuz I need to recuperate!
Happy Shopping.
The XLs are more realistic and I like them better than the CMYA. The biggest problem is that they have short (5 inch) barrels while the CYMA has a longer one. The XL gearbox also has a hump on the selector side for the selector switch so I don't know if the two are really interchangable. The XLs moving Bolt cover could be modified for an adjustable hop-up and the plastic upper reciever cover works much like the real AK with the spring loaded cover latch. The XL also has two mags for ya and feels much sturdier than the CYMA. I broke the CYMA front barrel assembly in trying to take it apart since it is glued to the gas tube assembly and do not know if the XL AK is the same way yet. The Xl spetz does not have this problem and the two halves come apart cleanly. The CYMA lower handguard come off easily by splitting them apart since they are not screwed into the main body. The XL spetz's lower handguard can only be removed after the body has been split. Haven't done the XL full AK yet. Hope this helps in your buying decision Practice safe Airsoft. 
|
 |
|