Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 General Airsoft Discussion
 painting guns how to
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newbiegun
Sergeant



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  12:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit newbiegun's Homepage  Send newbiegun an AOL message  Click to see newbiegun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have a gun that has been painted over and ido nto know how to get the paint off or how to paint it for that matter.




NG

Richard Simmons
Banned



Member Since: 07/28/2005

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  1:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Richard Simmons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure that there is a need to get off old spraypaint, but for a new coat just use spraypaint. I would do 2 coats.
Go to Top of Page

TehLlama
General



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  5:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, just go over it. I've actually discovered that a lighter first coat all the way around makes it look a lot better, and the colors a bit more vivid (I was painting an M700 stock OD, and a first coat of bright green made it come out awesome.
Go to Top of Page

HEATLoE
General



Member Since: 10/11/2002

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  9:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit HEATLoE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the layer you are painting over has oil from your skin on it or dirt it would be a good idea to clean it off before you paint over it.
Go to Top of Page

TehLlama
General



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  12:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
... or not care about it, and the areas you touch most pick up wear patterns faster (I like them a lot, but you may not). I like doing that, and I"ll even use a really lame under-coat so it's more obious, but usually I just clean the areas that need to stay colored, and let the rest just kinda go however they want.
Go to Top of Page

Springer
Private



Member Since: 04/16/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  02:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Springer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Use paint remover.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000