Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Texas Airsoft Organization
 TASO Fields/Events
 DFWAP update.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christopher.carver
Private

Member Since:

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  3:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit christopher.carver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If this post seems generic it is, becuase I have to update three other forums regarding this topic. Airsoft Advance has generously offered to host a thread on their forums and I think it would be wise to take them up on the offer. Thank you to the other teams for offering a thread/sub-forum. Check AirsoftAdvance.com for more updates.

I talked with Larry in more detail about having a once a month gathering of airsofters at DFWAP and he has agreed to do so.

We just need to come up with a simple schedule. It's in our best interest to keep it simple and stick with a repetitive weekend. Example the first Saturday of every month there is a game at DFWAP. This will allow folks to schedule in advance time off or plan family weekend activities in advance. Also, this helps with other events that Larry hosts.

Larry stated that no brightly colored BBs are allowed; i.e., neon. He would accept white colored BBs for the time being, but wants a more earth color (green, brown, black) to be phased in.

For those worried about having to wear full face masks (i.e., paintball masks) you do not have to, even if you are under 18. The rule is as long as the goggles that protect the eyes is TASO compliant you are good to play. (And everyone should be anyways. Not a biggy.)

When asked about the playing fields I specifically said it has to be deep woods and/or pond. He is fine with that and can schedule us exclusive use.

Now everything is basically at a stand still until a consensus is formed on what weekend is the best. Traditionally second and third weekends are taken by paintball scenario producers and they take a huge amount of backwoods. Parking would also be an issue. This leaves the first or last weekend of the month to be decided on. So I need to hear from you. Not only what weekend within the month, but what day (Sat or Sun). I understand Spec Ops runs ops at DFWAP, so those months we can schedule in advance not to have a gathering.

Once we nail down a time (with in this week) I need to find captains/co-captains to plan the first outting. I don't want dirt kicking and butt scratching figuring out what to do the first outting. Maybe we can come up with a set system to maximize trigger time and allow teams to rotate against each other every month. Thus working on learning to work together and fight against each other.

So here is a recap on what I need from you. I need your vote on having a monthly gathering the first or last weekend of the month and what day (Sat or Sun) of that weekend. If you are a CO, SL, or TL you can vote for your team and just say how many are in your team. It's up to you to update your team and gain feedback.

Desertdog
Private



USA
Member Since: 06/04/2004

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  01:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Desertdog's Homepage  Send Desertdog an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Chris,

UAL is on board so lets talk soon. Thanks for getting this started!

-Rick
Go to Top of Page

christopher.carver
Private

Member Since: 06/24/2005

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  09:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit christopher.carver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FYI: Airsoft Advance has be generous enough to start a thread on there forums for this monthly event. I hope to consolidate all flashes and all questions onto one forum.

[URL=http://www.airsoftadvance.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=24]DFWAP message board thread.[/URL]

Of course I'll still visit here to answer questions for now, but I would like to consolidate to responding to one forum thread instead of three or four.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 17.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000