| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
DeathInABottle
Private
Member Since: |
Posted - 08/30/2005 : 01:28:55 AM
|
Hi, I guess I'm new here, but am in no way new to Airsoft, and have done plenty of research about the sport. Unfortunately, I do not have an unlimited budget, and am (for now) hoping to get a few Lpegs for some friends and I... Just for messin around. YES, I know the dif between Lpeg, and although it's a bit useless to compare to a TM, it'll work for what I need.
So, on topic.
Does anyone here have the ability to ship safely to Canada, or live in Canada, or am aware of a retailer, that sells the DE M4, Well MP5-J and DE G36C. These three are all needed, and any help you could give me is greatly appreciated. I don't care where you are, as long as you can garauntee me I'll get my guns, I'll pay you.
Again, thanks for any help you could provide. |
|
|
uberwoot
Sergeant

Member Since: 07/29/2005 |
|
|
Bob the Angry Potato
Private
Canada
Member Since: 06/28/2005 |
Posted - 08/30/2005 : 08:13:10 AM
|
Another Canadian airsofter?
I'd recommend Rangers Airsoft, that's where I get my stuff. There are only 2 decent LPEGs there (the Tokyo Marui Boys MP5 and M4) which are both pretty good and go for about 150 each. For a cheap pistol, I'd go with a Glock 18C EBB (Despite the mixed opinions, it's a pretty good gun. It was my first, and it hasn't failed me yet) for about 100. Rangers Airsoft doesn't sell Marui springers or EBBs anymore, so I'd go to 007 Airsoft or something to get those.
Retailers I've used (shipped to Nova Scotia) 007 Airsoft: The order never really went through, though, he didn't have the item in stock. Good guy, though, I'd trust him. Rangers Airsoft: Best prices in Canada, along with it's partned Double Edge. Fast and efficient, I'd recommend Rangers anyday.
The sites are www.007airsoft.com and www.rangersairsoft.com .
For more, go to the top of Airsoft Canada home page and click Retailers.
Just my two cents, good luck.
Nate |
 |
|
|
DeathInABottle
Private
Member Since: 08/30/2005 |
Posted - 08/30/2005 : 11:45:52 AM
|
If I come off as an ass here, please forgive me.
Unfortunately that's not really what I was interested in. I guess I should really make myself more clear. I'm serioously only interested if they carry the DE M4/M83A2...
I know, and once I have the budget for a CA Carbine, I'll be buying from Ken at 007, but for now I just wanna mess around....
I appreciate your help, and I'm glad to see another canadian, but I really want to find these guns in Canada. So does anyone know where to get these in Canada? Be it a retailer who will ship to Canada safely, someone WITH those guns in Canada (I've seen ASC, am a member, and just FYI they discourage LPEG's which is why I'm asking elsewhere.
Again, I appreciate you guys trying to help, but please, I'm just looking for those LPEG s. Thanks a million. |
 |
|
|
Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private

Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005 |
Posted - 08/30/2005 : 4:31:55 PM
|
Evike will be more than helpful in sending stuff to Canada, but, they make no guarantees that it will get there without any problems. I doubt any American retailer would make such a promise.
So you can either hunt around for American retailers that don't mind the extra work and cross your fingers, or you can stick to overpriced Canadian retailers that typically have terrible selection. |
 |
|
|
DeathInABottle
Private
Member Since: 08/30/2005 |
Posted - 08/30/2005 : 6:35:22 PM
|
| Aight I fired off an email to evike, hopefully I can get them with no problems, but I'll see what they say. If not it's back to, email every Canadian retailer I can find:( |
 |
|
|
double-0-newb
Private

Canada
Member Since: 03/18/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 09:15:33 AM
|
Or do as I am planning on doing.... I have a good friend who has another friend who lives just over the border (total driving time from my place about 2 hrs each way), who has agreed to allow me to 1)have purchases shipped to his place and 2) me come pick them up. The only flaw with my plan is crossing the border with said purchases in the car....though the odds are in my favor as I have NEVER had the car searched on re-entering Canada (the ski box on the roof, yes, never the car). In my area day-trips over to the US are super-common.
Ideally, the third thing would be for that person to agree to re-pack the box(es) for you and inscribe "Toy scale model" on the customs declaration and ship it to you.
Any relatives/friends who you know in the US who would fit the bill?
I will keep you in mind when/if I make my purchases; keep in mind if yours get seized it's because mine did as well! |
 |
|
|
DeathInABottle
Private
Member Since: 08/30/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 1:43:58 PM
|
I'm kinda half following lol, are you saying for one of my relatives to ship it over? Lol the only person I kinda know, is my sister's friend, but she lives in San Francisco... That won't work.
Secondly, I wonder if they'll buy it. Because, honestly, I htink they XRay it before they open the box, so if they see a gun, they'll incinerate it before reading the words on the box.
Now, if you're suggesting taking my orders up with yours, that'd be great, but where do you live? |
 |
|
|
Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private

Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 4:50:22 PM
|
Canada Customs do not x-ray every package that comes over the border through the mail. They do, however, x-ray packages that they deem 'suspicious' - which includes just about every large package. If a cursary inspection still doesn't satisfy them, the package is assigned to a customs officer that will then open the package and determine whether it's going on its way to Canada, or it's going back to America, or they're going to impound the package.
If the package is going to Ontario, that will happen in Mississauga. If it's going to any where on the east coast of Canada, it typically happens somewhere in Quebec (the name of the city escapes me at the moment).
Now I have had many, many airsoft guns shipped from all over the world to several different Canadian residences, and I have had successes and failures. I have recieved more than those I have lost, but I am aware that it is nothing more than a crapshoot. There are no guarantees, because I have learned that if a package is inspected, it all comes down the individual customs officer. Suddenly, even the law on your side doesn't seem to mean much. Here's a scale that you can refer to if your package is inspected:
Worst Possible Scenario: Package is opened, and instead of sending the package back to the original sender, the customs officer either impounds the package or just makes it disappear off the face of the Earth entirely.
Best Possible Scenario: Package is opened, and the officer sees quite clearly upon closer inspection that it's a toy and not a functional firearm. Package gets delayed a day or two, but winds up at your door anyway.
General Tidbits Of Info I Have Found:
Handguns are less-likely to be inspected because they come in smaller packages You can argue all day with Customs Canada, but there's not much you can do once they've made up your mind It's actually not illegal for you to recieve airsoft weapons through the mail from across the border, but if you ever wish to ship them outside of Canada yourself, you definitely want to consider getting a Restricted Firearms license or Customs Canada will come down on you like a sh*tload of bricks. Also keep in mind that in some provinces, there is an age requirement for the possession or purchasing of airsoft weapons A lot of the cheaper airsoft weapons (CYMA, Double Eagle, etc) are packaged in parts that you must assemble yourself. These disassembled weapons are more readily accepted by Canada Customs, as opposed to something that looks much more like a real firearm that must be carefuly inspected to determine if it's safe to send through the mail. For once, if it looks like a toy, it's to your advantage Items declared as 'gift' or 'toy' also tend to go through Customs a lot more easily. Smaller mail insurance claim also makes the package less conspicuous Packages should be wrapped and secured well. No one wants to see a graphic of a gun if the wrapping is torn. Consider turning the original box inside out, or use wrapping that is unlikely to tear while it's being shipped
Unfortunately, none of these tips may help out your current situation. Canadian retailers will remain overpriced and limited in stock (although now you may start to see why that is the case - it's expensive stuff to be a legit Canadian airsoft retailer that also requires a lot of paperwork in order if you never want to lose a shipment to Customs), and many American retailers are hesitant to ship to Canada because they either mistakingly believe that it's illegal in the country or they just don't want some Canadian consumer blaming them for their package being siezed. Airsoft is just such a stigmatized black sheep in Canada.
It's the only country I know of where airsoft is so incredibly popular, but it's also so hard to actually get into due to supply bottlenecking. |
 |
|
|
DeathInABottle
Private
Member Since: 08/30/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 5:53:57 PM
|
Thanks for the tips, so basically the best thing I can do, since no one will import them to Canada, is to just ask if Kapowwe can reverse the box, dissamble the stock if it isn't already, and declare it a gift?
I'll ask them if they can do that. Thanks. |
 |
|
|
Nabisco Lobstrosity
Private

Christmas Island
Member Since: 08/03/2005 |
Posted - 08/31/2005 : 6:01:11 PM
|
| It's certainly not a bad idea. I've had good success with Kapowwee and Evike. They have great representitives that are extremely helpful. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|
|
|