Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 Double Eagle G36 upgrades?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elsermana
Sergeant



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  9:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elsermana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm relatively new to airsoft and have decided to start off with the low end guns before deciding to move up as it can obviously quickly become a sink hole for money. I've just ordered a DE G36 and can't wait to try it out. Currently I have a JLS SOCOM which I'm rather pleased with for the price I paid ($19 is pretty good I think). I've searched all over the net with google and through this site looking up information about the G36. I've seen a few mods for LPEGs but was wondering if there were any specific ones to help raise FPS and accuracy. I know that a better spring would help FPS and perhaps a tighter barrel would help accuracy but I want to know if there are any specific pieces I could use to improve it. This will only really be used for "backyard shooting" so I'm not looking for a grandious upgrade, just something to give it a little more edge and to learn a bit more about the internals.

Any and all help would be great. Thanks!

aguyfromthewest
Captain



USA
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  12:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit aguyfromthewest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, number one any upgrade to the performance of an LPEG is gonna hafta be pretty big. Better fps means a spacer(Please DON't) or a new spring, but that would mean the gears don't last as long and such. Tighter accuracy would mean either an all new barrel(copper tubing) or simply taking it out and cleaning it out.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Captain



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  12:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aguyfromthewest

Well, number one any upgrade to the performance of an LPEG is gonna hafta be pretty big. Better fps means a spacer(Please DON't) or a new spring, but that would mean the gears don't last as long and such. Tighter accuracy would mean either an all new barrel(copper tubing) or simply taking it out and cleaning it out.



Go with Brass. Copper bends. Unfortunately I have had the misfortune of oversupplying myself with them and then learning about their stiffness. They were also a fairly thick gauge. 1mm or .75 mm thickness too. They do make good weight additions and help with stiffnes when combined with brass tubing. I'm waiting on JSGs answer to his Boys M933 to see just how far these BOYS type gearboxes can be pushed
Go to Top of Page

reconmarui
Private

Member Since: 03/21/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  12:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit reconmarui's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my opinion, an upgrade on any LPEG will not be good in the long run, it will hurt u more than it will help you. The only thing i could see would be if u did replace the spring, you would have to replace the stock gears with metal ones, of course the new spring puts more stress on the gearbox and piston and other parts. Maybe if you could add a faster motor to increase the ROF, this will also decrease the gun life. Soooo all thingss considered your hurting the gun more then your helping it.
Go to Top of Page

xstealthstrikerx
Sergeant

Member Since: 02/07/2005

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  6:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit xstealthstrikerx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, is the G36c sold at www.airsplat.com the DE or CYMA version?

http://airsplat.com/Items/ER-NE636BH.htm
Go to Top of Page

Elsermana
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/10/2004

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  7:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elsermana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hrm, I'm still considering getting a new spring for it and maybe a new barrel. Not sure what kind of barrel and where I could get it from. Can I just get a new gearbox as well or is the casing to small to fit one?

As for the one on airsplat, it looks like the DE one as it has painted fire settings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000