Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 DPMS Kitty Kat - Mini Review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ragged Hole
Private



Member Since: 12/19/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  6:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ragged Hole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dj, love the look! I actually kind of like the look of the dpms kittykat's front end. The only thing it really needs for my liking is a paintjob. Has anyone taken the jump and bought one of the hicaps off of shorty? I wish they had a picture so i could clarify.

- Ragged Hole
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  10:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well i got good news and i got bad news i got the flash surpressor off but i broke the little nipple off luckly it was a clean brake and im going to paint the flash and reattach it with plastic glue this should work just fine more info when i get it done!
Happy hnting air ballaz!
Punisher27!
Go to Top of Page

DJMikeOz
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/17/2004

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  11:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit DJMikeOz's Homepage  Click to see DJMikeOz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Crap. Sorry to hear that Punisher. I was afraid that would happen to me when i took mine off. I guess this is not a reccomended thing to do with the flash suppressor.
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  06:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Fellas this is how it went... i went and bought the paint & glue today and got right to work first i painted the flash surpressor with krylon fusion satin black paint then let dry about 45 min then i used a crazy glue pen for plastics and glued it back on! and let me tell you this thing looks sweet now!!! no runs no drips just perrrfection!
oh ya and i picked up a bsa red dot scope at walmart for 30 bucks!
Now this KITTY is ready to pounce and it looks sweet!!!!!


Is anyone useing a gun case for there kitty kat? ( hard or soft)? or a gear bag?

Happy hunting air ballaz!
Punisher27!
Go to Top of Page

double-0-newb
Private



Canada
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  7:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit double-0-newb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punisher27

oh ya and i picked up a bsa red dot scope at walmart for 30 bucks!
Now this KITTY is ready to pounce and it looks sweet!!!!!



Pics?
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  07:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry Newb, I dont have any pics im on a web tv classic internet system an it is very old so i dont have a port to hook up a camera or scanner! but if anyone wants to put some pics on for me let me know!

The scope is a red dot type with 11 brightness settings( battery opt) and i mounted it on the carry handle of my kitty kat making sure not to over tighten it because it would brake the carry handle so when i take the lens covers off and turn it on to the setting i want then i look thought the scope and line up the red dot with the front sight and fire away!

Hey dj mike,ragged,d the dj and all the regs do you guys use a gun case for your gun? if so what kind and brand!

Happy hunting air ballaz!
Punisher27!
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  07:46:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Newb,
I found a pic of the exact same bsa red dot scope that i have go here to see the pic!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> www.azoutdoor.net/media/catalog_images/bsa-rd30sb-L.gif

Happy hunting air ballaz!
Punisher27!


Edit: Don't double post. I edited out your triple post. Use the edit function to avoid double & triple posts.
- RLB



Go to Top of Page

DJMikeOz
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/17/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit DJMikeOz's Homepage  Click to see DJMikeOz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have that BSA also. But I have mine on my UTG MP5 AEG. Works great.
Go to Top of Page

d_thedj
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit d_thedj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried the NC Star with the boys handle mount (from Jungle Toy), but the I couldn't screw it down tight enough without seperating the 2 halves of the carry handle.
I'll be posting my "Cosmetic" upgrade pix tonight, hopefully.

Go to Top of Page

Ragged Hole
Private



Member Since: 12/19/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ragged Hole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Punisher, i dont use a gun case currently but i am looking for something to hold all my guns. I just haven't found something i really like yet.

d thedj, cant wait to see your pics. Have you opened up the gun yet? Or are you just sticking to the "cosmetic" upgrades?

- Ragged Hole
Go to Top of Page

d_thedj
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit d_thedj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cosmetic for now. Won't dive in untill I get a second one.

Edit:

As prommised, here are the pix of my slightly modded KK.
I used the suppressor from my CM021A Cyma G36.
I wrapped the muzzle with one and 1/2 wraps of electrical tape and screwed the suppressor over the tape.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

The Red Dot is the NC Star replica with the Boys M4 carry handle mount. I will be replacing the mount with a regular carry handle rail adapter in the near future.
The vertical grip, also from my CYMA G36, is on a rail salvaged from yet another CYMA and screwed onto the KKs fore grip.
The black on the grip is an elastic band to hold the safety.


For those of you who doubt the "Full Size" 1:1 scale of the KK, here's a picture of my KK under my ICS M4A1
Image hosting by Photobucket

I plan on getting one or two more KKs for some serious mods.
At least one will be opened to see if any performance upgrades are possible, or even needed.
Go to Top of Page

Ragged Hole
Private



Member Since: 12/19/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ragged Hole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very impressive d thedj! It looks even better than it did before. Is there a noticeable difference in accuracy with your new and improved kitty with the scope on it?

question about the suppressor, were those threads already there when you took muzzle flash off? I got a bit confused when switching between this and the topic in the mods and upgrades forum.


- Ragged Hole
Go to Top of Page

d_thedj
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit d_thedj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, there are no threads on the KK. You can cut threads, either 1/2X13 or 1/2X20 will work, and I will do that when I do my full blown mod.

The female threads on the suppressor are M14X2 clockwise, a very coarse thread. I just used the electrical tape to give me a soft, pliable surface to force (screw) the suppressor on.

The Red Dot is mainly for looks right now. The boys mount doesn't quite fit right. It's loose, and if I try to tighten it, the pressure seperates the halves of the carry handle. I could glue the halves, but I want to be able to seperate it in the future.
Go to Top of Page

DJMikeOz
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/17/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit DJMikeOz's Homepage  Click to see DJMikeOz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No there aren't any threads already on the rifle. D, we got a problem with our source. They seem to have replaced the KK with the Crosman Pulse R70 for now. I wonder when a new supply will be in. I guess I'm going to try and find some parts to dress up my KK for now. Yours is looking pretty nice. And I'm feeling the need to "upgrade".

Edit: How are my silencers coming along, I'm getting all fuzzy with anticipation, lol.
Go to Top of Page

d_thedj
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit d_thedj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJMikeOz

D, we got a problem with our source. They seem to have replaced the KK with the Crosman Pulse R70 for now. I wonder when a new supply will be in.



I was up North last week and saw a whole bunch in a WallyWorld up there.


Sups drilled and blasted, I just need to tap it for your UTG.
You want me to paint it?

No coffee for me tonight, had to cook.
Go to Top of Page

DJMikeOz
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/17/2004

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  01:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit DJMikeOz's Homepage  Click to see DJMikeOz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kayo, cool. Don't worry about paint, I like to do that kind of stuff on my own. Tap the 8" for the UTG, I'd like to attach the 6" to the KK. Sweet, Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  08:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey ragged,
Do you ever feel left out? D the dj and Dj mike must know each other out of the forum.

well right now im working on a low profile scope mount for my kk to mount the red dot scope on i bought a rail last night and just need to get a longer bolt and a wing nut then i will be ready to mount it the right way! and im still working on other cos mods!


Nice mods D your kk is looking wicked thanks for the idea of the elastic band on the safety you would never guess that i have that same exact black elastic band setting in my parts box.

Ragged im looking for a case also so if you find something cool let me know!!

Happy hunting air ballaz!
Punisher27!
Go to Top of Page

d_thedj
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  09:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit d_thedj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey punisher27,
I may have a tactical bag that'll fit.
I'll check tonight when I get home.

DjMike, Did you catch the price on the Pulse R70? Might need to get one for parts, though I'll probably get another CYMA.
Go to Top of Page

DJMikeOz
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/17/2004

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit DJMikeOz's Homepage  Click to see DJMikeOz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeh, they're selling it for the sam price as the KK. $42 +tax.

Punisher, Yup, we know each other. We met in the forum and discovered we live a few miles from each other. So there, no more wondering.
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  7:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey D,
You do that and let me know what you find out & a pic of the bag if you have one and price you want for it!

Happy hunting air ballaz!
Punisher27!
Go to Top of Page

d_thedj
Sergeant



Member Since: 07/04/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  10:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit d_thedj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry P,
It's a bit too small for the KK. It's a "Viper" tactical bag for a M11, but my P90 fit.

Edit:

OK, I took the plunge and actually threaded the barrel of my KK.

The barrel end is the perfect size for 1/2 inch threads.
I used 13 TPI (threads per inch) because that's what I have available.

For starters you first need to remove the orange flash hider (duh).

You can get a 1/2X13 threading die at just about any hardware store.
You'll want the matching tap so you can thread a custom made suppressor.

Here's what you need:
Image hosting by Photobucket

I used the little red barrel plug that comes with a lot of guns as a guide for the die. This helps make sure the threads are cut straight.
Image hosting by Photobucket

I used my hand to start the die cutting. Once I had a good start, I used a crescent wrench to slowly finish the cutting. Make sure you back the die off about a quarter turn for every full turn. This helps to break loose the chips. Proceed slowly, you only get one shot at this.
Image hosting by Photobucket

This is what it should look like once you're finished:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Here is what it looks like with the suppressor on.
I still need to paint it (the suppressor).
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Good Luck




Go to Top of Page

DJMikeOz
Captain



USA
Member Since: 12/17/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  01:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit DJMikeOz's Homepage  Click to see DJMikeOz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Holy sweetness! Now I'm stoked bro. I can't wait till I get my hands on this tomarrow night. That looks sweet! I might have to paint my KK for this.

Edit

Image hosting by Photobucket

I got mine, and yes, for those of you who are paying attention, it is the same one that is in D's picture. Without any meterial inside of it, it makes my Kitty Kat "Purr". Ths is sweet. Now all I need is a scope.
Go to Top of Page

double-0-newb
Private



Canada
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit double-0-newb's Homepage  Reply with Quote


You. Guys. Rule.
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  06:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a question! Why cant i see the bottom of the 4th page? It just says this page is to large to be viewed!
Happy hunting air ballaz!
punisher27!
Go to Top of Page

punisher27
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit punisher27's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If anyone cares i got a package today it contained 1-2200 round bag of ksc bbs, 1 m-16 style sight mount and 1-300 round hi cap mag item #48603 and to put the rumors to rest This mag works awsome with the kk!
You have to wind it after about 25 rounds and that is fine with me would rather wind it a few times insted of haveing to pull the clip out and reload it with the push rod!!!
Happy hunting air ballaz!
Punisher27!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000