Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Gas Discussion
 Propane For My VFC M82A1.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Edward Victory
Major



USA
Member Since: 11/25/2004

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  6:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Edward Victory's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.opticsplanet.com
Go to Top of Page

Miragejack
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 09/25/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  12:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miragejack's Homepage  Send Miragejack an AOL message  Click to see Miragejack's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jack says:

Big.

Get somthing BIG. I own a KJW M700, Run it on propane.. yada yada ya.

The scope? 3-9X40 Illuminated Reticule, Rangefinder... Red and Green.

It's B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!! I swear by it. Its possibly one of the nicest scopes I've ever owned. It's perfect in every way.

With one execption.

3-9x **40**

I think the I should have bigger objective. I regret not buying the 50mm version. The 40MM looks proportional on my rifle.. But you'll need atleast a 50 or 60+mm on such a huge gun.

For realism.. Plus, you'll be able to see where your shots land. Seeing that that gun is, apparently, as accurate as spitting.

But deffinatly, GO BIG. I've seen way to many of those VFC's with these little tiny, itty-bitty, scopes...

Its almost FUNNY! Don't be one of them.. PLEASE!


-Jack.



EDIT: By the way... don't go with this "Only 3-4-5x Magnification" Thing. Maybe for your rifle. Not for mine.

I use my 7,8, & 9 Magnification on mine.

"airsoft bbs don't go that far, you don't need that"

Gee, a blatant lie.. I use my 9x magnification on my 250ft shots, and when you can pick out the lines on your dirty bird targets, and then ~accuratly place shots~, Its **WELL** worth the magnification.. to see EXACTLY where you hit.

But you do need those 3,4,and 5X But don't stop there if you can afford.
Go to Top of Page

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wait a sec... Before "dying" to see this gun.... Cough Cough Cough... Where's the pictures?

Jeez, we might be helping someone who's just trying to show off nothing...

Anyways, nightvision might not be superbly pratical in airsoft, and neither would high magnificaton. At 250 feet, you could hardly hit EXACTLY where your reticle was targeted at either way.
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  7:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
snipe, back to your original question. There should be no problem running propane in your gun. Yes, in the long run it will be cheaper. What you need to do is to decide on what propellant you are going to use for your gun and stick with it. This will allow you to eliminate variations in different propellants when you dial your gun in and work towards a consistency from shot to shot.

Contrary to what many think about the amount of BBs used by a sniper, it is actually considerably higher than you imagine. Sure in a game, BB usage is minimal, but when you are dialing in your rifle you shoot a lot of rounds of those expensive, precious "special BBs". It'll cost you to properly dial in your sniper rifle.
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  06:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How many shots does it really take to get an Airsoft sniper rifle dialed in? 20 shots? I wouldn't think it would take too many, but you have snipers, and i don't.
Go to Top of Page

snipemaster
Private



USA
Member Since: 12/06/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit snipemaster's Homepage  Send snipemaster an AOL message  Reply with Quote
50BMG It takes A LOT of shots to dial it in i'm still tuning it and i've already used 200 bb's 8mm so they are not too chaep and RLB thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  06:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why is that? I dial in my guns with 40 bb's or so. If you get one of those sighting in targets from wincheser, each square is 1 MOA, so if you site in at 25 yards, it will take 16 clicks of the scope to move it 1 inch (if you have a 4-click 100yd MOA scope) that has always made it easier for me, takes out the guess work.
Go to Top of Page

snipemaster
Private



USA
Member Since: 12/06/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  10:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit snipemaster's Homepage  Send snipemaster an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Remember i don't have a scope yet. So it's harder.
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 50BMG

Why is that? I dial in my guns with 40 bb's or so. If you get one of those sighting in targets from wincheser, each square is 1 MOA, so if you site in at 25 yards, it will take 16 clicks of the scope to move it 1 inch (if you have a 4-click 100yd MOA scope) that has always made it easier for me, takes out the guess work.

As you already admitted, you don't have a sniper rifle so you wouldn't know.
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  06:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know, but on real rifles, you can do it in 15-20 shots, but there two totally different things i guess. I still think 200 is a little much, but then, i don't know how i'd do it without a scope.
Go to Top of Page

Kiss My Asahi
Cerberus



USA
Member Since: 10/09/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kiss My Asahi's Homepage  Send Kiss My Asahi an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If they are two totally different things, how can you base something if you don't own one? Thats like saying "the top speed on a Camaro is around 130-140...I would imagine, because my Huffy bicycle can get up to 30 mph"? If you have nothing to base it off of, as you admitted, then why bother posting?? If you can't help a topic, just don't post to it. I'm not saying don't post at all, but there is a reason I don't post in AEGs much. I don't KNOW about AEGs, as I dealt with gas guns. I don't try to relate a V2 mechbox from a Tokyo Marui to the bullet valve of the JACs and Asahis that I have used. Nobody will look down on you for not posting when you don't know, but on the contrary, posting when you DON"T know only serves to downgrade your credibility over the entire forum.

This is intended to be a forum for knowledge, not a forum for speculation.
~Chaser
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiss My Asahi

If they are two totally different things, how can you base something if you don't own one? Thats like saying "the top speed on a Camaro is around 130-140...I would imagine, because my Huffy bicycle can get up to 30 mph"? If you have nothing to base it off of, as you admitted, then why bother posting?? If you can't help a topic, just don't post to it. I'm not saying don't post at all, but there is a reason I don't post in AEGs much. I don't KNOW about AEGs, as I dealt with gas guns. I don't try to relate a V2 mechbox from a Tokyo Marui to the bullet valve of the JACs and Asahis that I have used. Nobody will look down on you for not posting when you don't know, but on the contrary, posting when you DON"T know only serves to downgrade your credibility over the entire forum.

This is intended to be a forum for knowledge, not a forum for speculation.
~Chaser



Okay. I'm saying off my knowledge, it doesn't seem like it would take that much. I sight my TM SR16 in at further ranges, and at most it takes 50 shots to get it dialed in. I am saying i was surprised it takes that long. I asked how long it takes, then why it should take that long. I how does admitting you don't know, but knowing something about sighting in, asking why it takes that many shots. Isn't this a place to learn, so why tell me not to post, when i was asking a question, and putting in what i know about it. And that car analogy, that doesn't make much sense. I could have a Camaro that can do 150, and know a Mustang GT shuts off at 150 (give or take, some have gotten to 158) based on its power, gearing, tires, suspension, and just an educated guess from knowing about cars.

i asked how many shots it takes based on what i knew, and apparently i was off, tell me how thats being a fool, isn't that how you learn?
Go to Top of Page

Kiss My Asahi
Cerberus



USA
Member Since: 10/09/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  1:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kiss My Asahi's Homepage  Send Kiss My Asahi an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm not telling you not to post, but you posted as if you already knew. He also explained the reason for taking so much to dial in properly, and the discussion persisted. If you had wanted to get more detailed information on dialing in rifles, a dedicated thread would have been more appropriate if information wasn't gathered by a search.

On your post, you are saying you can dial in a real steel weapon with 20 shots, but airsoft and real steel are separate issues. Different dynamics, although SOME physics are the same. Real steel weapons are usually shot by experts, whereas airsoft snipers are usually amateurs. That, combined with the prior explanation that he doesn't have a scope should have provided enough of an answer.
~Chaser
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  1:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't know that he didn't have a scope untill he just poseted it. I don't see why its such a big deal, i asked why it took so long, then i just applied what i knew. I'm not mad at you or anyone, just why is it a big deal. I asked how many shots it took, then why it is, i didn't mean to sound like a smart-ass.
Go to Top of Page

Kiss My Asahi
Cerberus



USA
Member Since: 10/09/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  2:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kiss My Asahi's Homepage  Send Kiss My Asahi an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I read the posts out of line as well, so I owe you a bit of an apology on the ending comment. It did read as such to me, but I apologize for misreading the order, as that made it appear that you persisted the argument after hearing a comment. I'd like to get back onto the original topic though, as we've spent enough time on dialing in sniper rifles.
~Chaser
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  4:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, no problem. On topic, i think its a yes for propane, but i'm not sure how you will get an affordable NV scope.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000