Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Gas Discussion
 KJW Valve tool - where to find?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Avatar22
Private

USA
Member Since:

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  7:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Avatar22's Homepage  Send Avatar22 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I own a KJW USP Tactical (and please don't just reply with "sorry") and of course I'm faced with the infamous mag leak problem and I would really like to be able to replace my valves. I've found valves to buy, but I can't find the tool itself needed to remove the old valve. I've heard of making them by dremmeling out the middle of a screw driver but I'd really rather buy the tool itself. If anyone knows where I can buy one, or any other ways of removing those valves, I'd love to hear about it.

~edit - I've fixed your slightly vague title. Check out this thread if there's any confusion.
-rantng

d0c speed
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/08/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  9:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit d0c speed's Homepage  Send d0c speed an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can use two small screwdrivers at once to turn the valve. Anyway, I don't think you need a new valve, just an o-ring.
Go to Top of Page

Discpl3
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/31/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  11:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Discpl3's Homepage  Send Discpl3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all i need is 1 screwdriver to take out the valves on gas guns and i don't think you can find just the O-ring by itself.
Go to Top of Page

rantng
Moderator



USA
Member Since: 04/09/2004

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  08:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit rantng's Homepage  Send rantng an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The valve on some mags might not be recessed enough that you will need a valve tool, although a flathead screwdriver has always worked for me. A drop of silicon oil on the o-ring solves most leaks.

airsoftgi sells the valve tool, but it is pricey at $18 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=462
You might have better luck at homedepot or ebay. Personally, I'd rather pick up a toolset that includes a valve key. I'm sure they have other applications than solely for airsoft valves so you should be able to find one for cheaper at a general hardware store.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000