Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Players/Groups
 Airsoft Players
 Orlando Players
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1337_n00b
Sergeant



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  2:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1337_n00b's Homepage  Send 1337_n00b an AOL message  Click to see 1337_n00b's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This sunday a few of the local Orlando players are gonna get together and have a small skirmish in a lot behind a church we have permission to play on. The field is being constructed on so there are a few of the heavy machines around though of course not moving since its sunday and no one really works. Large field with tons of cover, if anyone is interested send me a PM or email or AIM. We have COMPLETE PERMISSION to play so dont worry about that.

the ROOB
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  1:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd love to come out 1337, but this weekend is chinese new year and so I am stuck going to my fiance's parents house. no airsoft= bad, but .... sukiyaki and firecrackers = good!

shoot me an email next time you guys get together and I might drive out, I live in tampa, and have noone to play with .....sniffle:-(.

ROOB
Go to Top of Page

-Razgriz-
BANNED



Belize
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  1:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit -Razgriz-'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lol, I don't live in Orlando, I am near Tampa.

It's nice to see players in this area of Florida.



It's nice to see any players in Florida, most of the people on this site are i California.
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  10:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
near tampa huh? where about/ maybe we could get together and play some one on one or car pool up to orlando one weekend and team up on l337 and his pals. PM me sometime.

ROOB
Go to Top of Page

wulvrine74
Private

Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  11:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit wulvrine74's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need a place where the cops arent going to intrude or mistake us for burglers with guns at night.
Hopefully in Pinellas County, but I would have no problems going Tampa if I had to.
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  12:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we could scout some of the woodlands north of Oldsmar fleamarket perhaps... or maybe out in the mangrove badlands out by the intercoastal. maybe some of us Tampa Pinellas people could get together just to scout out some plces.

PM me if ya want to try to get togther.

ROOB
Go to Top of Page

-Razgriz-
BANNED



Belize
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  12:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit -Razgriz-'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
The ROOB I'll email you.


wulvrine72, you don't have a team or any friends to play with? I'll email you too.
Go to Top of Page

wulvrine74
Private

Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  6:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit wulvrine74's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a few friends that want to play, but maybe only one or two that would do it more then just a few times.
Do you guys have the $100 guns and we are going to get wiped out or do you do it with the Wal Mart specials?
Go ahead and email me man, that would be cool. I know Oldsmar has a lot of wooded area and there a few places in the St Pete area that we have in mind. We will play this weekend and let you know how the places work out.
There is an island in the intercoastal I use to use to park my jet ski and hang out on. O.K. size, not huge, but good to have a good little battle. If we had a small boat to get out there, it should work pretty good. It is only about 30 yards from shore around some mangroves but about 150 yeards from the boat ramp.

While I am talking to you guys... do you know the state, county, or city laws on the guns? I asked a few people that have played and to their knowledge there really arent any.
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  08:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
some laws to consider are:

Tresspassing: if caught where you shouldn't be, with what looks like a deadly weapon, they will arest you and at least charge you with tresspassing if they can.

criminal mischeif: if you are close to enough to roads, houses, parking lots ect they can say you were trying to ambush passersby and arrest you.

brandishing a weapon: got a pile of airsoft guns in the front seat of your car on the way somewhere? get pulled over for taillight out and you could very well be arrested.

federal charges could be brought against you on top of any of those things if you have altered your gun to look more realistic, specifically if you hide or remove the orange tip.


basicly you need to be far enough removed from the goings on of other people that there is no chance of causing suspision in what you are doing, and no chance of anyone acciddentally walking on to your firezone without realizing it.

If you drive by a patch of woods every day and everytime you see it you think it would be a great place to play airsoft, it isn't a good place because you can see it from the road.

You also need to be concerned about people seeing you as you enter and exit the place where you are playing. If you have to park cars and gear up in plain sight, people may notice and someone may call the police and the police WILL come. If it's the woods behind your neighborhood and you have to walk down the street, to your neighborhood crazyoldlady you'll look like a gang of machine gun weilding terrorist thugs and once again the police will come.

The best place to play that isnt an official field is a place owned by someone who knows exactly what you are doing and when you will be doing it, and still can't be seen by anyone else.


ROOB



Go to Top of Page

Russian soldier
Private



USA
Member Since: 01/14/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  2:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russian soldier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -Razgriz-

Lol, I don't live in Orlando, I am near Tampa.

It's nice to see players in this area of Florida.



It's nice to see any players in Florida, most of the people on this site are i California.






Hey I live just outside Tampa and we could get together and skirmish.
Pm me if you wish to.
Go to Top of Page

wulvrine74
Private

Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  11:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit wulvrine74's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just played tonight for the first time with a few friends. There were 5 of us. There is a public park that closes at dork around here, but there is a back entrance to some horse trails and decent wooded areas. There was MAD rain so it was knee deep in some places. Still very cool. But as we were packing up to leave a city cop came by and wanted to know what we were doing. We told him and he was cool with it but let us know we couldnt be here cause they close at dusk.
Point is, I dont know anyone that has any type of land we could play on. I hear some of the guns and get-up you all have and Im not about to go out there and get my ass handed to me. I just want a small patch of woods were we arent going to get run out of where a few friends of mine can go out and shoot at each other.
I got shot in the cheek tonight and I had blood running down. As cool as that was, I dont want to see what something with more power can do right now.

So yes, i very much want to play, but I would rather hook up with some guys that are just using basic wal mart specials then full assault, HUGE velocity, sniper riffles.
Go to Top of Page

the ROOB
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 08/30/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit the ROOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you can get out to the mangroves on the south side of the park blvd bridge to redington beach, there are a few miles of unchecked mangrove and grass lands that we have played out on a few times. You can do pretty much whatever you want to do out there. We've had 6 foot bonfires out there at three in the morning howling at the top of our lungs but that's another story. Ive never been harrassed or even spotted out there and Ive been going back there for over a decade.

You used to be able to just walk right back there, thru a patch of vacant land at the back of a neighborhood called bayhaven and walk under the bridge into the groves but now theres a fence there. I have swam out to the area across the intercoastal from the public boat launch on redington beach, but i wouldn't want to do that with agun over my head.

A boat would be ideal, any sort of boat would get us the 100 yards across the intercoastal and into the bushes. even in the middle of the day, if you kept the guns bagged until we were banked up in the bushes on the other side we'd be totally cool.

There might be another way into the area from the south end of 137th ave.

roob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000