Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Gas Discussion
 leaky mags fixed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SnakeEyes0001
Colonel



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  3:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit SnakeEyes0001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A while ago I accidentally left all three of my uhc usp mags full of gas and forgot about them, putting them away for a month. When I got them out and realized what I had done, I tested them and they were all leaking (no surprise). I lubed them up and tried again, but they were still leaky. So I put them away and forgot about them.
Recently I decided to get them out to see how badly they were damaged and tested them out. This time none of them were leaking at all! I guess leaving mass amounts of lube on them fixed the problem. So now I have a fully operational UHC USp with 3 full operational mags.

Thequestionmark
Major



USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  3:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thequestionmark's Homepage  Click to see Thequestionmark's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oddly enough, mine were leaking like hell. Left them alone for half a year, and they only leak a tad. Screwed them anyways...
Go to Top of Page

rantng
Moderator



USA
Member Since: 04/09/2004

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  12:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit rantng's Homepage  Send rantng an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Most mag leaks can be fixed by unscrewing the fill valve (of course, first making sure there is no gas in the mag) and spraying some silicon oil on the o-ring. My guess is the because the o-ring is rubber, it shrinks and expands, which is why sometimes the leak will go away on its own.
Go to Top of Page

Avatar22
Private

USA
Member Since: 02/01/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  7:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Avatar22's Homepage  Send Avatar22 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I own a KJW USP and they are notorious for that exact problem.

First of all, leaving some gas in the mag is good for your seals, although it seems like it should be bad. In reality, it keeps them held tight and doesn't allow them to deteriorate as easily.

Secondly, a fix that I've used with about a 75% success rate is to put WD-40 on the oring and let it sit for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes and then rinse it off really well, silicone lube it and replace it. What happens is the WD-40 reacts with the rubber o-ring and expands it. If you leave it on for too long however, the WD-40 will eat the ring off. As I said, I've had it work about 75% of the time and it will increase the life of your mag for varying amounts of time. Most of mine have lasted ever since, but one only worked for about 3 months before dying again. In short, its finicky, but better than letting a mag die without a fight.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000