Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 G3 SAS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

esnow07
Private



Member Since:

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  7:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnow07's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw this gun on Socom Toys and loved the looks of it. I've been searching around the forums for a review/preview and the only thing I could find was that it's made by Well and is named the R-8.

http://socomtoys.com/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=151&osCsid=aab92a12d4dfc63c2879495e14801023

When I found it on any other sites, it did not include the accessories shown/listed there on Socom Toys as seen here:

http://www.sunnywarehouse.com/

and on any other site I found it was for sale. So is the one listed on Socom by a different manufacture than the one of Sunny? Since the one on Socom comes with two magazines and a Red Dot Scope, I think I'll purchase it from there.

The only thing is I haven't stumbled across a review yet. Does anyone know how well this gun shoots/performs? Thanks

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  12:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to dissapoint you but the consensus on another thread was that this is a Lorcin lpeg with a lead/acid battery.
If you look at www.brojames.tk a site in the Philippines, they have both the lorcin a the well g3 sas
The Ver3 metal gearbox is interesting. I wonder if it would fit an XM8?
Go to Top of Page

esnow07
Private



Member Since: 12/01/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  05:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit esnow07's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gulogulo

Sorry to dissapoint you but the consensus on another thread was that this is a Lorcin lpeg with a lead/acid battery.
If you look at www.brojames.tk a site in the Philippines, they have both the lorcin a the well g3 sas
The Ver3 metal gearbox is interesting. I wonder if it would fit an XM8?



But the box on that one site says "WELL" so how can it be a Lorcin? Or are you talking about the one on Socom Toys? I think I'll email them and ask who the manufacture is.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  1:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeh, im talking about socomtoys
Go to Top of Page

esnow07
Private



Member Since: 12/01/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  1:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnow07's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gulogulo

Yeh, im talking about socomtoys



So does that mean the battery is a piece of third world garbage or what?

I read the other thread and the only negative thing I got out of it was the gears stripping. Would it be better to go with the Well instead? That site you told me that had it said that the Lorcin's battery supposably lasts longer. Couldn't I just buy a different battery anyway as long as the connectors are the same?
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  2:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, the only problem I have with the lead/acid batteries is that if they develop a leak (yes, even jelly batts can do that) that will damage the gun and maybe leak acid residue/jelly over everything..
About switching batteries: I was wondering about that myself. Question is: what voltage? nearest are 9.6, and 10.8 volts.. and you'd definitely need mucho amperage.
Actually I think gears stripping are in fact pretty bad...
Go to Top of Page

esnow07
Private



Member Since: 12/01/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  2:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnow07's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gulogulo

Actually, the only problem I have with the lead/acid batteries is that if they develop a leak (yes, even jelly batts can do that) that will damage the gun and maybe leak acid residue/jelly over everything..
About switching batteries: I was wondering about that myself. Question is: what voltage? nearest are 9.6, and 10.8 volts.. and you'd definitely need mucho amperage.
Actually I think gears stripping are in fact pretty bad...



Nuts. So I guess the Well version would be the better gun to go with? Maybe I'll just forget about it and buy the BE AUG as I originally wanted to. Thanks for your help. Anyone else go any input?
Go to Top of Page

digimass
Sergeant



Member Since: 09/02/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  5:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit digimass's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lor runs with plastic gears, the Well runs with a actual metal ver2 gearbox (aeg upgradeable). I'll let you do the math.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  2:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So does anyone know what kind of plastic gearbox it has. If it is like the "Matrix" AK and GB MP5s or a BOYS type gerabox. It really sounds like the 1st gen GB V2 gearbox with the gear stripping problem.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  3:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So when did the 2nd gen V2 plastic gearbox appear? brojames.tk says the lorcin's been around since the end of octobre, '05. And if I read right the Phillipines get most things first...Maybe the problem is too much battery power. 10 volts instead of 7.2?
Go to Top of Page

killmenow
Sergeant



Member Since: 12/11/2005

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  3:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit killmenow's Homepage  Send killmenow an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would stay away from socom toys...
Go to Top of Page

esnow07
Private



Member Since: 12/01/2005

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  4:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnow07's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by killmenow

I would stay away from socom toys...



Care to tell us why?
Go to Top of Page

aguyfromthewest
Captain



USA
Member Since: 03/18/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  01:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit aguyfromthewest's Homepage  Click to see aguyfromthewest's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't get until it is reviewed.
Go to Top of Page

InitialD
Private

Indonesia
Member Since: 01/23/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  03:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit InitialD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The one on socomtoys is Lorcin's well Sunnyware got the Well made. I'd definetely go with the Well one, it has metal gearbox and reportedly shoots around 300+ FPS (Never tried it myself though)
Go to Top of Page

gundamngx
Private

Member Since: 02/01/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  12:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit gundamngx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by esnow07

quote:
Originally posted by killmenow

I would stay away from socom toys...



Care to tell us why?



There sold out ended up getting the last one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000