Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 EBB/Mini-Electric/LPEG
 gb mp5sd questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dishlilboi
Private

Member Since:

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  5:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit dishlilboi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im about to buy a gb mp5sd just for the fun of it but is it a good qulity gun? And where should i buy it. i was thinking of gettin it at evike.com..im lookin for a better deal

Jarhead88
Private

Member Since: 11/15/2005

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  6:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jarhead88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for an LPEG its pretty good. I bought mine off of www.shortyusa.com just because I like their great customer service. Its around $57 dollars shipped from there I think.
Go to Top of Page

bmeeks24
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  10:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit bmeeks24's Homepage  Send bmeeks24 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Several posts say that it is the best - but I just don't know. It is sold out at Shorty's right now - and the reviews there are not as good for the SD6 there but they are great for the SD5 - go figure - check it out and see.

My only concern is that the battery seems to take 3 hours or more to charge... ughhhh! I only want it for fun shooting in the garage or back yard, so being able to pick it up and fire it on a whim is kinda important. I am also thinking about just getting the springer version instead - no waiting for a battery to charge - just pick it up and go.

I really like Shorty's - they have great reviews and pix as well as some videos of their products. I have only ordered two things from them - but they were good and fast... Haven't needed customer support, so I cannot comment on that. I do wish there were some competition to have a lower price or some sort of add-ons to sweeten the pot. I prefer the SD5 with the full stock - wish there were one like the UTG that came with both.

Good luck - and let me know your thoughs.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  07:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any of the GB MP5 series sd as well as A series is good and their performance beats any Boys gearboxed LPEG as the LPEG data shows. However, The biggest gripe I have about the SD series is that the sound suppressor has these two "pillars" that seem to be affecting accuracy as the BB hits them as they exit the Muzzle and enter the silencer. The A series version of the GBs don't have that problem.
Go to Top of Page

bmeeks24
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  10:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit bmeeks24's Homepage  Send bmeeks24 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Help me out here... Which are the A style that are the GB versions? I thought it was only the MP5SD variants - sorry NOOB!!! I see on the evike site there are 2 CSI movie prop editions for 40 bucks - and I assume these are the GB's. Which brand is the A series? Not the CYMA is it?

Do the SD's shoot fine without the silencer?
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  11:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bmeeks24

Help me out here... Which are the A style that are the GB versions? I thought it was only the MP5SD variants - sorry NOOB!!! I see on the evike site there are 2 CSI movie prop editions for 40 bucks - and I assume these are the GB's. Which brand is the A series? Not the CYMA is it?

Do the SD's shoot fine without the silencer?



They are just different bodies but pretty much everything else is the same. The GB are also imported by CSI which is why the BE XM8 are also marketed as CSI XM8s. The telling visual clue is the reversal of the selector marking colors. They shoot very well without the silencer but look kinda dumb unless you mod a different sight/barrel frankengun addition to it like this


This was a prototype for a TM SD which has been completed but I haven't posted the pics up yet.

here are the A series links from Jungletoy
http://www.airsoft128.com/xcart/catalog/VER304A_CFB_P5A5_Tactical_AEG-p-34164.html
Go to Top of Page

bmeeks24
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  2:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit bmeeks24's Homepage  Send bmeeks24 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgtwiltan

They are just different bodies but pretty much everything else is the same. The GB are also imported by CSI which is why the BE XM8 are also marketed as CSI XM8s. The telling visual clue is the reversal of the selector marking colors. They shoot very well without the silencer but look kinda dumb unless you mod a different sight/barrel frankengun addition to it like this


here are the A series links from Jungletoy
http://www.airsoft128.com/xcart/catalog/VER304A_CFB_P5A5_Tactical_AEG-p-34164.html



So to confirm - even tho it shows a 30 rd mag and not 50 rd, the fact that it has the hop-up and the reversed colors - that means it has the ver 2 GB internals. I like that the A series has a rail for my dot scope! Thanks. BTW - sweet proto... nice job.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  2:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sgtwiltan is that a cyma adjustable stock on that beauty up there? If so, did you have to cut anything? Im waiting for my sd5 to arrive and am planning a couple of things to do with it, swapping stocks among them:-)
Go to Top of Page

bmeeks24
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/17/2006

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  3:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit bmeeks24's Homepage  Send bmeeks24 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK - I couldn't resist the temptation! I just ordered the MP5A4 from jungletoy!!!

I will post my thoughts as soon as I get it next week.
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  3:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gulogulo

Sgtwiltan is that a cyma adjustable stock on that beauty up there? If so, did you have to cut anything? Im waiting for my sd5 to arrive and am planning a couple of things to do with it, swapping stocks among them:-)



Good eyes. it's not too obvious in the pic though. I'm going to do a swap of the whole cylinder/piston/spring assembly with the "Matrix" AK and do some shimming to see if I can get the power about even with the AK. The motor is quite loose in the GB and I might have to do something about lessening it's freedom of movement.

quote:
Originally posted by bmeeks24

OK - I couldn't resist the temptation! I just ordered the MP5A4 from jungletoy!!!

I will post my thoughts as soon as I get it next week.



Watch out or you'll end up like me with these GB guns. Look how many I have in my sig

Here is another of my mods for it. It's another Prototype

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  09:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, go look at what I did with mine:-) internals are stock, nice power for an lpeg, I experiencing double feed ocassionally
www.kep.tar.hu/ggulo/
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  10:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gulogulo

Hey, go look at what I did with mine:-) internals are stock, nice power for an lpeg, I experiencing double feed ocassionally
www.kep.tar.hu/ggulo/



I really like that paint job Gulo. I've been wanting to do the gray but have not found time to do any painting or a while. Thanks for the first looks on that color. I don't like the flashlight attachment though. Looks like it would be very easy to snag on something and break off. Every thing is is awesome.

I also like the snubby flash hider look on the J.
Go to Top of Page

gulogulo
Sergeant

Hungary
Member Since: 10/08/2005

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  01:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulogulo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right about the danger of snagging the flashlight but i had nothing else handy when I had the time to fool around with it:-) May replace it with something more streamlined when I get another inspiration. Regretfully lasers are illegal in germany so the gun came without the extras you guys get over there:-)
Go to Top of Page

Aussie
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 01/05/2003

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  8:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aussie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Sgtwiltan, ever consider selling one of your GB mp5sd's for a UTG-SD conversion?
Go to Top of Page

sgtwiltan
Major



USA
Member Since: 08/17/2005

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  08:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtwiltan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aussie

Hey Sgtwiltan, ever consider selling one of your GB mp5sd's for a UTG-SD conversion?



Sorry Aussie, I've already modded a UTG into an SD just to prove it could be done with the GB SD front end and I already have a TM SD which has been modded into the green MP5 Prototype. I might consider individual commission pieces but I really don't even have time to properly build up my own collection at the moment. I think that there has been enough interest for me to do a complete write-up on how to do this mod but unfortunately, I haven't had the free time yet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000