| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
Gunslinger
Sergeant


Member Since: |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 7:40:55 PM
|
im lookin for an inexpensive RIS/RAS. can anyone help me?
(sry of this is the wrong forum. it was either this or the gear section) |
|
|
Who.GhosTRecoN
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 03/26/2005 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 8:23:55 PM
|
What do you mean inexpensive?? Some cost $400 and some cost around $100, we need a price range. And do you mean RIS/RAS with the barrel and sight? Give us more detail |
 |
|
|
Gunslinger
Sergeant


Member Since: 12/08/2005 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 8:41:55 PM
|
| no i just mean the RIS/RAS foregrip. and $100 land is where i want to be |
 |
|
|
Souske
Captain
 

Member Since: 08/01/2004 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 9:09:00 PM
|
| You're not going to find a M16 RAS for that price range. If you had a M4, you could get one for $80 at lowest. |
 |
|
|
pooka2hot4u
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 08/30/2004 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 9:46:18 PM
|
theres the Classic Army M5 RIS on UNCompany for $238 im actually lookin for a good cheap M16A4-ish RIS myself. might come in handy lata |
 |
|
|
TehLlama
General
    

USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 9:59:44 PM
|
Your best chance (note: not guarantee, just a likelihood of a Souske-type mod) is buying a ToyStar M16A4 Spriger, cannibalizing the foregrip, and then you'll have an SRC M16A4 MWS and ToyStar M16A3.
I don't know how many times I can yell at people about this
BEST PLACE TO BUY THE M5 RAS is Airsplat -- it's true, I'm only obligated to tell everybody because they sent me one free. It's a VERY nice unit -- just need trademarks and more versatile delta tensioner system. |
 |
|
|
pooka2hot4u
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 08/30/2004 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 10:15:59 PM
|
| ooh snap, its soo cheap on airsplat. thanks llama |
 |
|
|
Souske
Captain
 

Member Since: 08/01/2004 |
Posted - 01/31/2006 : 10:30:59 PM
|
| Heh heh, my "Souske-type mod" was super 'ghetto' cheap with the cruddy Well M4 RIS before I upgraded to a SRC one. But yes, a Toystar M16A4 springer seems promising. |
 |
|
|
Spidey
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 11/22/2004 |
|
|
TehLlama
General
    

USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 04:00:05 AM
|
I'm not brave enough to spend $75 on that...
I meant the Souske comment in the most positive light -- I'm still considering doing that on my M4
Do you still have your RAS unit? |
 |
|
|
Gunslinger
Sergeant


Member Since: 12/08/2005 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 3:40:08 PM
|
| Spidey that fits M4's bu not M16's. and TehLlama, ive actually heard its decent |
 |
|
|
TehLlama
General
    

USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 8:10:05 PM
|
| Well, I'm sure it's alright, but I can buy used Marui, CA, ICS, G&P, or G&G ones for $70-$90. |
 |
|
|
Darryl Zero
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 10/01/2003 |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 9:26:11 PM
|
| Hmm... If any one is interested, I can get you that CA M5 RAS for quite a bit less than airsplat. While in Hong Kong I picked up a CA M5 RAS and a GB-Tech PRI style handguard because I didn't know which I wanted to use at the time. I went with the PRI handguard, so I've got a brand new M5 RAS just sitting here in the box. |
 |
|
|
kiddepue
Sergeant

![]()
USA
Member Since: 10/11/2003 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 9:56:43 PM
|
| Hey Darryl, how much are we talkin about here for the CA M5 RAS? |
 |
|
|
Darryl Zero
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 10/01/2003 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 01:26:31 AM
|
| $170 shipped. It's $190 shipped from just about anyhwere else, if not more. |
 |
|
|
The Icon
Sergeant


Member Since: 08/31/2005 |
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 5:52:03 PM
|
| You could always buy a cheap $20 m16 ris cyma springer and use the ris (with little mods done) but I dont know how long it would last :>. |
 |
|
|
code_490
Private
![]()
Member Since: 02/09/2003 |
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 11:19:19 PM
|
What about that good old src ras, full metal for only $80...
doesnt get much better that that... Steve
p.s.heard good stuff about em too... |
 |
|
|
Gunslinger
Sergeant


Member Since: 12/08/2005 |
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 11:23:26 PM
|
| like i said before, thats for the M4, not the M16 |
 |
|
|
code_490
Private
![]()
Member Since: 02/09/2003 |
Posted - 02/08/2006 : 5:55:25 PM
|
hah... thought you were talking about something else... anyway, i have heard of i know this sounds crazy, but people welding 2 ris's together and shortening to make an m16 ris... but in my opinion why ruin 2 m4 ris's dor the same price as one m16 ris?
Steve
p.s. at this point, looking for an m16 length ris, i would honestly recommend finding a springer with correct length rails and stealing that baby. m16 ris's are NOT cheap. |
 |
|
|
TehLlama
General
    

USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004 |
Posted - 02/08/2006 : 7:59:26 PM
|
| For now -- sadly your best hope is the ToyStar M16A4 and hoping it works... And them recoop costs by putting the old M16A3 handguards on it. |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|