Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft Weapons
 Custom Guns/Modifications
 TM Spring Uzi Customization (quite a few pics)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SnakeEyes0001
Colonel



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  01:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit SnakeEyes0001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently started getting back into airsoft so I decided to fix up my gun. I ordered a couple magazines that I previously could not find anywhere. Most of these mods were done a while ago, but I just recently got a digital camera so now I can finally show you. The mods I have done are pretty much more for function and personal preference than looks. If any of the pictures don't show or aren't clear please tell me.


Painting the foregrip:
My TM Springer Uzi foregrip paint started to severely wear off. Everytime I handled the gun my sweaty palm always came back with some black paint chips on it, and the exposed metal was really starting to look bad. All I did was take some kind of anti rust spray paint that I had up in my closet (it was for my car ), I took the for grip off and sprayed it down. I didnt use any kind of primer or anything, nor did I remove the old paint. If the probelm comes back I'll go back and do it the right way, but for now its fine by me. I did 2 coats.

Before:
Use Your Imagination.

After:
Use Your Imagination.

The paint is still not totally dry, it's supposed to take 30 minutes for "dry to the touch" and 2-3 hours to "completely dry". I imagine in a couple hours it will look more flat black, like my car.

Rail:
As you probably noticed in those pics, I put a rail on the left sight guard thingy. I got the little rail from Walmart for like $8, it came with another slightly different rail too (and some tiny little screws). I don't remember what the little kit was actually for, but I originally tried to mount the other rail on my UHC MP5.
I mounted this by drilling two holes parallel that were slightly smaller than the screws I was using, and just screwing them in with a screwdriver. There is no nut on the other side, but it's really sturdy. I feel safe mounting my brother's heavy rail flashlight on it.

Here's a pic of the other side:
Use Your Imagination.

Stock Reinforcement:
After extended use (and some accidental abuse), the stock never broke. It always felt somewhat flimsy though, Eventually it got to the point if you put a little bit of pressure on it, it would collapse. NOT good for battle. This is in addition to always having to tighten up the the two hinge bolts, you couldn't tighten them too much or you couldn't collapse it, but not enought, the stock was flimsy.
After only so long one of the bolts started getting worn out and stripped off and the nut was lost. I checked the hardware stores and could not find a nut and bolt of the same length and diameter. So I just decided to get the closest one and force through and bolt it down. Additionally I put another screw in the forwardmost hinge similarly to how I attatched the rail (drill a small hole, thread a screw in).


Use Your Imagination.

Use Your Imagination.

Use Your Imagination.

Yeah, that bolt sticking out looks pretty trecherous but I have not had a problem with it. Sure, I could easily hack saw it off and even paint it......when I get around to it.

So now it's bolted down tight and is really sturdy, but it doesn't collapse. That's fine by me, even though transportation is slightly harder, the in battle function is greatly increased.

Rear Sight Modification
I really dislike "peep sights" (where you look through a hole and put the front sight apparatus in the center of the hole). I just can't use them well, especially for taking quick, accurate shots. So I borrowed my step dad's dremel and went to work. I opened it up, similar to how the HFC MP5 rear sight is (well you can also twist it and use the peep sight on the MP5 too).

Use Your Imagination.

Use Your Imagination.

It turned out very satisfying for me, I can literally hit any reasonable target within 100 feet no problem (the range is even farther than that). Btw, the sight is not actually white in those pictures, that's just the camera flash.

The sling is just the sling that came with my HFC MP5, I simply used the Uzi sling mounts.

That's it so far, I still have to get a flashlight or something to put on the rail. My brothers flashlight is really nice (it's the $30 S.W.A.T. Tactical Flashlight on ShortyUSA) for my purposes, but it belongs to him. I don't really know if I'll be playing any night games though.

Anyway, I'll post some cooler pics later on, It's really late now and I want to let the paint finish drying.

TehLlama
General



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  02:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I kinda liked the uber-worn foregrip look -- but it does look incredibly tacky if it's just one part of the gun.

If you want to try something goofy -- MP5 flashlight foregrip might work, otherwise barrel mounting a light might be the most expedient route.
Go to Top of Page

SnakeEyes0001
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 06/12/2003

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit SnakeEyes0001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The foregrip was bad because on the real gun it's actually plastic.

Yeah a flashlight foregrip would be pretty goofy. Barrel mounting does not work on this gun because it would block the pump, tha's the whole reason I mounted the rail.
Go to Top of Page

-Razgriz-
BANNED



Belize
Member Since: 01/16/2006

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  1:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit -Razgriz-'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
The UZI is an awesome looking gun. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

SnakeEyes0001
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 06/12/2003

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  1:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit SnakeEyes0001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you.
Here's another veiw:
Go to Top of Page

Souske
Captain



Member Since: 08/01/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  2:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Souske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had no idea the TM Uzi springer had a metal foregrip. It's nice to see some old school stuff!
Go to Top of Page

no5685
Major



USA
Member Since: 12/23/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  3:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit no5685's Homepage  Send no5685 an AOL message  Click to see no5685's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I didn't know it had a metal foregrip either. Cool sight modification too, now you have open sights, and peep sights.

TM Springers are awesome, and always will be. Me and my buddies are gonna have a little springer game soon, it'll be fun to mix it up a little.



Edit: Looks like both the G3 and the UZI use the same trigger too. Does your UZI use AEG parts? I noticed my G3 does, it has the motor mounts in the grip, and what appears to be the same foregrip.
Go to Top of Page

SnakeEyes0001
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 06/12/2003

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit SnakeEyes0001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it uses AEG parts, I haven't disassembled it any more than taking the foregrip or stock off. I don't know about the G3, but my Uzi is held together with torx screws which gives me the impression that it shouldn't be taken apart, so I think I'll just leave it together.
Go to Top of Page

airsoftb4paintball
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 11/27/2004

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit airsoftb4paintball's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Job with the new paint job. Do you have trouble looking through the sites on your gun, because my friends uzi has a tiny hole for the site, and i was wondering if all Uzi's were like that.
Go to Top of Page

foxhound
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 09/17/2003

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  7:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit foxhound's Homepage  Send foxhound an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to see you back in action there snakeyes. Check out my forums if you ever get a chance. Always good to have a classic on your forum.


-Fox
www.chatairsoft.com
Go to Top of Page

SnakeEyes0001
Colonel



USA
Member Since: 06/12/2003

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit SnakeEyes0001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to have trouble with the peep sites, untill I did the mod pictured above.

I'll check out your site foxhound.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000