| Author |
Topic  |
|
|
notacook3
Private
USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 01/12/2006 : 4:01:08 PM
|
I read somewhere that there was a way to make a custom drum mag for my rifle, out of a coffee can.
I've tried a bench grinder and sharp scissors to cut the can down to size, no prevail.
Does anyone out there know an easy, simple way to cut metal, besides the guy at the hardware store? Are saws any good? |
|
|
RockstarCQB
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 07/03/2004 |
Posted - 01/12/2006 : 4:02:33 PM
|
| a hack saw might work pretty well, as would metal sheers. |
 |
|
|
notacook3
Private
USA
Member Since: 12/20/2005 |
Posted - 01/12/2006 : 4:18:17 PM
|
| Thanks, I just jabbed some scissors through and cut it out too soon, thanks for the quick reply, I just have to grind down the edges now, but Ill take your advice for my official one if this doesn't work. |
 |
|
|
d_thedj
Sergeant


Member Since: 07/04/2005 |
|
|
DJMikeOz
Captain
 

USA
Member Since: 12/17/2004 |
Posted - 01/13/2006 : 01:08:52 AM
|
| Yeah I got that Idea from someone else. DDG I think. Really easy to do, but mine looks kinda silly. |
 |
|
|
smokeysevin
Private
Member Since: 09/09/2005 |
Posted - 01/13/2006 : 10:41:57 PM
|
i made a m16 one that worked ok i just needed a higher torque motor all i did was thake the outside off of the highcap and used a printer motor to turn the winder wheel. then i made a m16 chape cut out to fit around the mag. from ther i hot glued th emotor mount to the mag shape and made to hopper type things on the sides and took 2 100ct cd spindles cut and glued them together and put a door bell button on the bottom to activate it .
if this is a little foggy then send me an email and ill send ya some photos and a how too
SEAN out |
 |
|
|
echo6
Private
Member Since: 06/09/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 4:19:41 PM
|
| cut it with tin snips and when constructing it use epoxy putty its as strong as steel |
 |
|
| |
Topic  |
|