| Author |
Topic  |
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: |
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 10:15:17 PM
|
| I need to know for sure that the CYBERGUN Sniper is EXACTLY the same as the UTG one before ordering it. I don't give a damn about the liscensing, but if it's "a copy" then I'll refrain. |
|
|
AcDcSniper18
Private
Member Since: 02/02/2006 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 1:55:38 PM
|
| Thats exactly what I've been wondering. Thats a great deal if thats true. But I heard that the Cybergun model has the BAX shooting stystem instead of a hop up. |
 |
|
|
CommyKiller24
Private
![]()
USA
Member Since: 01/07/2006 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 2:18:39 PM
|
Show me a pic man.
|
 |
|
|
ethical724
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 01/20/2004 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 3:34:05 PM
|
Its not quite the same....
-The UTG 1 is supposedly slighltly better quality... -Utg has better upgrade possibilities (in the future) - Leapers vs Cybergun (Leapers is more developed company) - Cybergun has BAX shooting stystem instead of a hop up.
other then that theyr basically the same |
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 5:07:54 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by ethical724
Its not quite the same....
-The UTG 1 is supposedly slighltly better quality... -Utg has better upgrade possibilities (in the future) - Leapers vs Cybergun (Leapers is more developed company) - Cybergun has BAX shooting stystem instead of a hop up.
other then that theyr basically the same
Um huh? Cybergun doesn't make a single gun. Nor do they utilize and specific system. ALL they do is take guns and rebrand them. Or even add trademarks However, I was wondering if it was the same maker. For exampe: Cybergun Mini-uzi= KWC mini uzi.
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/black_eagle_m6_jpg.jpg
I want people who can speak from facts, how is UTG better quality? Is it because they are made in different places? WHY would UTG have better upgrade availability, if their the same thing? |
 |
|
|
gunfighters
Captain
 

Member Since: 10/19/2004 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 5:23:04 PM
|
well bloth guns are "contract" builds... as for QC and outher standers..not too sure.. the UTGs seem to be a bit better then the "r" guns.. its very doughtfull the CG sniper has the BAX...or every retailer would be using that as a seling point
BUT..with UTG you do get there exlante coustomer service....somthing breaks and they will sell you replcement parts, cheap... something breakes on the CG modle... you are probly looking for a new gun.. just soem food for though..
|
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 5:32:13 PM
|
| I'd be willing to save 30$ and use AA as my customer service instead. How do you know that UTG (or whatever manufacturer that makes UTG guns) doesn't make the cybergun one? Maybe this American based company just tried to liscense it and make their own money? |
 |
|
|
gunfighters
Captain
 

Member Since: 10/19/2004 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 5:54:20 PM
|
as I said.. its a contract build neither cybergun or UTG make anthing, and there is no one place were the guns are made, diffrent modles come form differn fatorys. that being said, the rifles ARE more likly comoing out of the same place and off the same dies... they may or may not be of the same tolarances and quailty of materals.. buy it and let us know why its $30 cheaper..
 |
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 7:20:26 PM
|
| lol... I don't have the "real" UTG to compare it to... I would have little to say I guess. Grrr.... I'm going to call AA maybe... |
 |
|
|
Stealth Killer Hamster
Sergeant


Member Since: 04/11/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 7:26:41 PM
|
| wow..its a copy of a copy of a copy...thats funny....just shows how far companies will go for a buck. |
 |
|
|
AcDcSniper18
Private
Member Since: 02/02/2006 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 7:37:35 PM
|
haha seriously.
anyone know the definate upgrade possibility for the UTG in the future? |
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 7:55:28 PM
|
I don't think either of you guys understand the point. It might not be a copy of a copy. Same gun liscened under two different companies.
UTG does plan to make upgrades. HOwever, I have doubts that they will be extremely cost effective or otherwise effective in the first place. |
 |
|
|
ethical724
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 01/20/2004 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 8:36:54 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Thequestionmark
I don't think either of you guys understand the point. It might not be a copy of a copy. Same gun liscened under two different companies.
UTG does plan to make upgrades. HOwever, I have doubts that they will be extremely cost effective or otherwise effective in the first place.
y dont you think theyll be effective? |
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 8:59:35 PM
|
They can either replace the whole cylinder, which will be kind of not cost effective, because then you could have just bought a nicer VSR gun in the first place. Or they can offer some crap upgrade, it'll be cheap but not good.
Maybe they'll chime in something like a long SRC style tightbore. That wouldn't be too bad. These are my thoughts, don't quote me on this. |
 |
|
|
ashepe
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 09/24/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 9:17:51 PM
|
The tightbore is what I'm hoping for. As for your claim that getting an upgraded/upgradable cylinder would be just like buying a VSR, you are forgetting the time that you get to play with the gun before you would have to fork over the extra cash. And if you don't want to get the upgrade, you don't have to. And finally, maybe the cylinder will be cost effective, showing that the "other" companies have actually been drilling into your pockets all these years. The two brands may be one and the same, but my head still tells me that it is better to go with the UTG in the long run. (It's like how my parents wanted a camera, so they got the cheapest 5 megapixel they could. I also wanted a camera, so I spent MORE and got a Sony 4.1 megapixel. Based just on that information, most people would get the 5 megapixel, because it looks like it is Better. But in fact, certain key parts that many people wouldn't think about - such as the LENS; how do they forget that? - make my Sony quite a bit better than most 5 megapixel cameras. And I just realized that, by getting that camera, it severly limited how much airsoft equipment I could buy, which influenced my choice to get an M324. Now I can wait for upgrades after my wallet expands a bit. Or should I say, I can't wait for the upgrades? Lovely world isn't it?) |
 |
|
|
gunfighters
Captain
 

Member Since: 10/19/2004 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 10:03:49 PM
|
you would have somthing to say...eather they gun shoots Ok or it dosen't
the "upgrade kit" UTG is working on is a TB barrel and a replacement drop in cilender.. expected fps between 425-525 fps.. there is a question as to weather or not you will be able to open the cilnder.. I don't think it will be too costly... say around $50.. I am basceing this cost on the fact that you can get a full replacement UTG gearbox (asembuled with all the gears and parts) for around $35.. yes a cilnder may have less labor or matreals in it..but it will be a good canident for a bit more mark up then some outher UTG items so split it down the middle and you have a gun in the 475 range for around $150.. not too shaby...we will have to see how things realy turnout..
|
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 10:40:36 PM
|
Idealy cough... I'm getting so many mixed opinions on the UTG guns...
The UTG SOS shotguns sucked in my opinion,
the aeg coudn't shoot properly in full auto with the normal mags,
the mp5 spring was good, but the first one my friend bought was bad,
and now this...
Grr. Well 50$ would be reasonable, but lol, I don't think that cocking handle could even take this. They would have to replace that too.
|
 |
|
|
gunfighters
Captain
 

Member Since: 10/19/2004 |
Posted - 02/02/2006 : 11:43:46 PM
|
the AEG mags did/do have some issues...havent hurd too much about the V3 ones.. BUT one of the main causes was new players puting in crapy .2s in the mags .. I see no reastion why the boss handle coudn't take it...its metal and its much beefer than a S9 one...And I have seen them pushed to the 600+ mark sure some one broke one..had a defect in the casting.. if you are looking to save a few bucks...get the cybergun one, and tell us all how it is.. my "guess" is its "close enuf" to take the UTG upgrades when and if they come out..
|
 |
|
|
Mrpapadopolis
Probation 2/06

USA
Member Since: 08/19/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 05:32:10 AM
|
| Yea just try the Cybergun one, if you dont like it hopefully you can send it back. But if you want to be extra sure get the UTG one. I just got my new hopup chamber today i ordered from Leapers for the UTG sniper and WOW im impressed it shoots alot further with the new chamber i gues my old chamber wasn't as good but it finnally curves up with .25s and thats good cause thats full hop. I put it to the middle hop and it shoots over 200 feet straight as an arrow, i want to get that cylinder and TB barrel soon! Well good luck! |
 |
|
|
Sulfuric_t2
Private
![]()
USA
Member Since: 04/27/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 2:56:11 PM
|
| sounds like a shill... |
 |
|
|
ethical724
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 01/20/2004 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 6:33:08 PM
|
| Leapers said they are expecting the upgrade "kit" within the next month or 2 :) |
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 6:34:53 PM
|
| Well apparently no one knows the answer to this question lol, oh well. I wonder how much this kit would cost. |
 |
|
|
ashepe
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 09/24/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 7:18:46 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Mrpapadopolis
I just got my new hopup chamber today i ordered from Leapers for the UTG sniper and WOW im impressed it shoots alot further with the new chamber i gues my old chamber wasn't as good but it finnally curves up with .25s and thats good cause thats full hop. I put it to the middle hop and it shoots over 200 feet straight as an arrow
You still havn't told us where you bought it from. You can't buy from the Leapers website, and I can't find M324 parts anywhere. I still think that you have inside connections. |
 |
|
|
Mrpapadopolis
Probation 2/06

USA
Member Since: 08/19/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 7:56:37 PM
|
| Tina, i emailed her my credit card info and she sent me one. Thats all no fancy website i ordered from. |
 |
|
|
Thequestionmark
Major
  

USA
Member Since: 09/06/2005 |
Posted - 02/03/2006 : 8:27:13 PM
|
| Was your old chamber defective or is the new chamber the upgrade one? How much was it? |
 |
|
|
ethical724
Sergeant


USA
Member Since: 01/20/2004 |
Posted - 02/04/2006 : 10:17:54 PM
|
quote: Originally posted by Thequestionmark
Was your old chamber defective or is the new chamber the upgrade one? How much was it?
its 8$
~e724~ |
 |
|
Topic  |
|