Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Sniper's Perch
 VSR-10 Gspec spring catching problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SOG-Wicks
Private

USA
Member Since:

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit SOG-Wicks's Homepage  Send SOG-Wicks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I let my friend shoot my Gspec, I know... bad idea right there. Well needless to say, he broke it, and I have no idea how. I pull the bolt back, and when I push it forward, instead of slowly it jerks back and the spring is then decompressed. I took apart the entire gun (except the bolt- I don't have a drill press) and can't find any problems... I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

chewondave
Captain



Member Since: 01/11/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  12:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit chewondave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your piston sear is not catching onto the lip of the piston. Look at these first and tell us what their condition is, and then we can work on how to resolve it.

Basically, with a bit of filing, (i used to have this problem), the sears catch fine. It is an annoying thing to have the bolt slam forward though.
Go to Top of Page

SOG-Wicks
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  12:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit SOG-Wicks's Homepage  Send SOG-Wicks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what it is supposed to look like, I have never taken it apart before this. It doesn't look terrible though, I know that.
Go to Top of Page

SOG-Wicks
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  12:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit SOG-Wicks's Homepage  Send SOG-Wicks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this will help, but here is a poor quality pic of the problem area...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5866/dscn26033dr.jpg
Go to Top of Page

SOG-Wicks
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  12:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit SOG-Wicks's Homepage  Send SOG-Wicks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Update: I just took apart the entire cylinder assembly and again found nothing unusual. I simply twisted around the piston so a new section caught the piston sear and it now works. This thread can be closed or whatever, I figured it out.
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  08:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wicks what fps is your rifle shooting at?
Go to Top of Page

Southern Cross
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 07/30/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  4:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Southern Cross's Homepage  Send Southern Cross an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem when I upgraded my G-Spec. This may not help but since it is the exact same problem I was having and it worked for me it may work for you. Someone here posted and told me that I needed to make sure my trigger assembly (Zero) may not be screwed down tight enough. I didn't think that was it at first since I tightened everything good. Turned out to do the trick. You need to push down real hard on the trigger assembly while you screw it down and make sure it is real tight. That had mine firing away in no time. He even recommended loctite but I didn't go that far. Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

SOG-Wicks
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  6:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit SOG-Wicks's Homepage  Send SOG-Wicks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My gun is actually stock, but now that I have taken it apart and back together about 4-5 times (last night I was up until about 4 a.m.)... I will be buying some reinforced parts so this doesnt happen again.

I dont think the trigger assembly was the problem as it was working the entire game until my friend used it, then it was broken!?
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  11:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any wear on your piston lip. Or is the surface of it smooth (where it catches the piston sear) As the sear may not be catching and the bolt slams forwards.
Go to Top of Page

SOG-Wicks
Private

USA
Member Since: 01/31/2006

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit SOG-Wicks's Homepage  Send SOG-Wicks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea I'm pretty sure that was the problem. I didn't see any wear, but I twisted it and then it worked...
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  6:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its the piston lip.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000