Airsoft Retreat Forums
Airsoft Retreat Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Classifieds | Calendar | Map of Stores/Fields | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Airsoft General
 Sniper's Perch
 How much better is the VSR over the APS2 ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bop
Captain



USA
Member Since:

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  2:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bop's Homepage  Send Bop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've had my APS-2 SV for about 2 years now and I got enough money to either buy a new AEG or perhaps a new sniper rifle. At first I was going to get something like an M4A1 or the Sig 552 but I'm still a sniper at heart so I got thinking...

After all the time and money I put in my APS-2 I just don't feel satisfied(over 1 grand and many hours with it), even with the extremely rare firefly kurage hop packings installed. The hop-up is so hard to set up to work correctly and its almost impossible to line it up perfectly. The accuracy is good but nowhere near where I expected.(can barely get a headshot size target at 120-150ft)

All I've been hearing is how great the VSR is but how good is a fully upgraded one compared to a fully upgraded APS-2 SV with kurage hop packings?

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  2:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A vsr will give an aps2 a run for its money. The vsr's hop up is very good and the rifle can certainly reach out and touch something.
Go to Top of Page

swatsniper1
Captain



United Kingdom
Member Since: 07/17/2004

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  4:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit swatsniper1's Homepage  Click to see swatsniper1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Put it this way, With a nice set up on a VSR 10 G spec,

With the Laylax parts, 6.03 430MM Tightbore and 170 Spring - You will be hitting body sized targets out to 250ft AT LEAST! Im Running a 150 and get hit head sized targets at 200ft, Body shots 250ft Max.

Jester/
Go to Top of Page

Bop
Captain



USA
Member Since: 05/22/2003

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bop's Homepage  Send Bop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I think I may plunge down 800 bucks for a full FF/laylax parts gun. Going to leave me poor for awhile though :( I can write up some kind of comparitve review between that and the aps-2 when I get it though.

With the 575mm bull barrel will the 550mm 6.03mm FF barrel fit nicely with it?
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yes :)
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  6:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
APS-2, VSR-10 or any other sniper rifle, I think a lot of dialing in the performance, consistency & accuracy is dependent on the skill and knowledge of the individual working on the gun.
Go to Top of Page

Bop
Captain



USA
Member Since: 05/22/2003

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  9:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bop's Homepage  Send Bop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about the proportions of the rifle, would it look rediculous with a barrel that long? I know the stock gun is 950mm long but how long is the stock itself?
Go to Top of Page

TehLlama
General



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  12:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit TehLlama's Homepage  Click to see TehLlama's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Uhh, the APS is still a better gun than the VSR in virtually every respect except hopup design -- the VSR is not a better gun.
That said for a given amount of money, the VSR will give the APS a whooping, or run for the money up to $1200.

If you're willing to put the time into dialing in a gun, it won't matter what model you choose, so long as it's a good platform. Choose on style and cost is my advice then.
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  12:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
VSR-10 is a better gun if you do what I did, and replace the crappy OEM stock with a real steel one, the receiver with an aluminum one, and the barrel with a better one. I've used a APS-2 and I wasn't too impressed with the quality.
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  1:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a tricked out VSR-10:

http://www.hammermods.com/images/R1Flute.JPG
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, that one is awesome... I'm kinda jealous actually...
Go to Top of Page

RLB
Death Dealer



USA
Member Since: 05/25/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit RLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Harenil, it is pretty impressive. I got to handle it & check it out at The Q Project. It is an outstanding performing gun also.
Go to Top of Page

Bop
Captain



USA
Member Since: 05/22/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  4:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bop's Homepage  Send Bop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is the Smokey's aluminum receiver really worth it? Does the gun come with a plastic receiver or a metal one like the APS-2?
Go to Top of Page

swatsniper1
Captain



United Kingdom
Member Since: 07/17/2004

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  5:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit swatsniper1's Homepage  Click to see swatsniper1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A plastic receiver, You got to be kidding me?! Its metal!

Jester/
Go to Top of Page

Bop
Captain



USA
Member Since: 05/22/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  6:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bop's Homepage  Send Bop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Heh, ok I probably won't upgrade that then. I don't have any real gun stocks to modify so I'm stuck with the stock one, is there a hollow spot like in the APS-2 to add weights to balance it out?
Go to Top of Page

Snowwolf
Sergeant

United Kingdom
Member Since: 06/29/2005

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  7:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Snowwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep. Fill an old t-shirt with some weights to add weight and prevent them moving around in the stock.
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  10:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bop, um... you aren't stuck with the stock one. You live int he USA, correct? There's tons and tons of 700 stocks out there.
Go to Top of Page

Colonel Pup
Sergeant



USA
Member Since: 10/27/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  05:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Colonel Pup's Homepage  Send Colonel Pup an AOL message  Click to see Colonel Pup's MSN Messenger address  Send Colonel Pup a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I plan to get a Remington M700 Stock, do the work to it and put it on a VSR-10 G SPEC. You can find them pretty cheap on eBay. Short-Action Remington M700 Stocks.
Go to Top of Page

Bop
Captain



USA
Member Since: 05/22/2003

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  4:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bop's Homepage  Send Bop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I thought those stocks would be very expensive(200+) but I found some new ones for 80 bucks. I'm not familiar with how the VSR mounts to the stock but how much modification is required? Is there a guide out there?
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  4:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Harenil, is that the Bell & Carlson Carbelite stock on your VSR's? I've always likes those because they are way cheaper than McMillans. How much modding do you need to do to make them fit the VSR?
Go to Top of Page

Harenil
General



USA
Member Since: 03/02/2003

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  12:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harenil's Homepage  Send Harenil an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It took me around three hours with a dremel. Wasn't very dificult, pretty straight forward. Turboing my car, however, is going to be a different story... lol.

Yes, it's a B&C stock. It's a $200 stock that I got brand new on ebay for 80.
Go to Top of Page

50BMG
Captain



USA
Member Since: 07/06/2005

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  07:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit 50BMG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How much do you need to cut, just a little around the reciever, because the VSR is loosely based on a 700, correct? Hmm, well, that will be a project, but from putting on superchargers, it will probably be easier than working on your AEG gearbox (that is if you are me).

Are those stocks nice, they look it, and they are almost a copy of the A2, which is nice. If you ever need more, you can get them on Midway USA for $150. Thats a nice camo job too!
Go to Top of Page

Bop
Captain



USA
Member Since: 05/22/2003

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bop's Homepage  Send Bop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I decided I'm just going to wait a few more months before I buy something totally new. For now I'm just buying a new outter barrel and silencer with the Carrot L96 stock :)

I ditched my Firefly chamber and JP 6.03mm barrel and went back to the stock APS-2 barrel and hop-up chamber because I get better accuracy with those. And I have some doubts about the VSR-10 having a better hop-up unit than the fixed Firefly Jellyfish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Airsoft Retreat Forums © © 2004 Airsoft Retreat Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000